IBPS RRB 2021 is a competitive exam conducted by Institute of Banking Personnel Selection to recruit Group ‘A’ Officers (Scale I, II and III) and Group ‘B’ Office Assistants (Multipurpose) in Rural Regional Bank. IBPS RRB 2021 Preliminary Exam will be conducted from August 4, 17, and 18 2021. These are the dates for IBPS RRB PO and Clerk exam specifically.Check Complete Schedule
Latest: IBPS RRB Application Process will be available from June 18 – July 4, 2020 at ibps.in. Also, check the IBPS Exam Calendar for 2021-22
Candidates are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria of IBPS RRB 2021
before applying for the exam. Read the complete article to know the eligibility of candidates including nationality/Citizenship, age (according to the posts), educational qualifications, experience, and reservation.
IBPS RRB 2021 Nationality Criteria
To be eligible for IBPS RRB 2020 exam candidate must be:
- A National/Citizen of India or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A refugee from Tibet who came to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling here or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv), (v) and above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Download IBPS RRB Practice Papers
IBPS RRB 2021 Age Limit
There is an upper and lower age limit set by IBPS for candidates who wish to appear for IBPS RRB exam. The age limit varies according to the scale of the officers. Age limit set for general category candidates according to the posts is given below:
- For Officer Scale- III- Minimum age limit for such candidates is 21 years and maximum age limit is 40 years. Candidate applying for officer Scale III should not have been born earlier than June 3, 1981 and not later than May 31, 2000.
- For Officer Scale- II- Candidate must not be less than 21 years of age but he/she must be below 32 years. These candidates should not have been born earlier than June 3, 1989 and not later than May 31, 2020.
- For Officer Scale- I- If a candidate is applying for Officer Scale I, he/she must be above 18 years and maximum age limit for such candidates is 30 years, so the candidate must not have been born earlier than June 3, 1991 and not later than May 31, 2003.
- For Office Assistant (Multipurpose)– A candidate can apply for this post if he/she ranges from 18 to 28 years of age. Such candidate must not have been born earlier than June 2, 1993 and later than June 1, 2003.
IBPS RRB 2021- Age Relaxation
Age relaxation granted to reserved categories in terms of age by IBPS RRB 2021, a detailed table has been presented below:
||Relaxation in Age
|Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST)
|Other Backward Class (Non-Creamy Layer)
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
|Ex-Servicemen/ Disabled Ex-Servicemen (for the post of Office Assistants)
||Actual period of service rendered in the defense forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
|For Ex- servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs, who have rendered at least 5 years’ military service
|Widows, Divorced women & women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried (for the post of Office Assistants)
|Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period January 1, 1980 to December 31, 1989
|Persons affected by 1984 riots
Check IBPS RRB Exam Centers
Important Factors related to IBPS RRB Age relaxation:
Candidates must be acquainted with some very important instructions regarding the age relaxation. Here are the points that must be kept in mind while seeking age relaxation in reserved categories.
- Candidate can avail the relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC category on cumulative basis together with only one of the remaining categories (PwD, Ex-servicemen or Disabled Ex-servicemen, widows, divorced women, domicile of J&K or persons affected by 1984 riots).
- Candidates applying for the posts of Officers Scale I, II and III, seeking age relaxation, must submit copies of required certificate(s) at the time of Interview (if he/she is shortlisted for interview).
- Candidates applying for the post of Office Assistants must carry the certificates and documents certifying relaxation at the time of verification of documents.
- Certificate of caste or category must be produced which should be issued and signed by competent authority in the prescribed format as stipulated by Government of India by the candidates belonging to SC/ST, PwD category.
- In case of candidates belonging to OBC category, certificate should specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer of OBC Category as such candidates cannot avail the relaxation and they must apply under General category.
- Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’/ ‘D’ under the Central Government.
- Candidate from Ex-Servicemen category will be ceased for employment on civil side if he/she has previously availed the relaxation benefits in seeking employment in civil services before applying for IBPS RRB 2020.
- Candidates who have previously served in armed forces shall be categorized as ex-servicemen and they can apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specified term of engagement (from the last date of application) and avail themselves of all relaxations available to ex-servicemen but they shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete their tenure in Armed Forces Union.
IBPS RRB 2021 Educational Qualifications
Candidates applying for IBPS RRB must note that the competent authority has laid down several educational eligibility criteria depending on the post for which a candidate is applying. There are different sets of educational qualifications required for posts such as Officer Scale- I, II and III and Office Assistant, but candidate applying for any of the above-mentioned posts must hold a degree in any discipline by a recognized University or Institution.
Educational requirements for various posts have been elaborately defined in the following table:
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
||Degree in any discipline. Proficiency in local language. Knowledge of Computer skills.
||Degree in any discipline. Candidates having degree in Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisci-culture, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy will be given preference. Proficiency in local language. Knowledge of Computer skills.
|Officer Scale-II General Banking Officer
||Degree in any discipline with minimum of 50% marks. Candidates having degree in Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisci-culture, Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy will be given preference.
||2 Years as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institution
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (IT)
||Degree in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology with a minimum of 50% marks Certificatation in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP etc. will be given preference.
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (CA)
||Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (LA)
||Degree in Law with a minimum of 50% marks.
||2 years as an advocate OR should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Treasury Manager)
||Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India OR MBA in Finance.
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Marketing Officer)
||MBA in Marketing.
|Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Agriculture Officer)
||Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Dairy, Animal Husbandry, Forestry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisci-culture with a minimum of 50% marks.
||Degree in any discipline with minimum of 50% marks. Candidates having Degree/Diploma in Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Pisci-culture, Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy will be given preference.
||Minimum 5 years of experience as an Officer in any Bank or Financial Institution
Read IBPS RRB Syllabus
Some points to keep in mind regarding the educational qualifications while applying for any post by the candidate are
- Candidate must have obtained the degree in any discipline by a recognized university before September 30, 2020.
- Candidate must possess proper documents issued by the university declaring the result of degree obtained by candidate. If the result for particular degree has been declared online, certificate duly signed by the authoritative party must be presented during interview in original.
- Candidate must mention the marks obtained in percentage form. If candidate is awarded with CGPA/OGPA, then it should be converted in percentage as well (As directed in the online application).
- The percentage shall be calculated as marks obtained by the candidate in all subjects/semester divided by the total marks allotted to each subject. This shall apply to honors/optional/additional subject too.
For recruitment of Officer Scale I & Office Assistant (Multipurpose), proficiency in local language as specified below will be considered as an essential qualification:
- Candidates with proficiency in local language of the State as studied in standard VIII or any level above standard VIII in Government recognized Boards of Education will be preferred.
- Candidate having a certificate to the effect for standard VIII or any level above standard VIII would be considered proficient in that local language.
- If a candidate does not meet this requirement at the time of IBPS RRB selection process, he/she will be given a time of six months from the date of joining to acquire the proficiency in local language.
Eligibility Criteria for Person with Disability
IBPS RRB 2021 Eligibility for Person with Disability
IBPS RRB 2021 gives relaxation to various categories in terms of age limit which includes candidates belonging to Persons with Disability. Candidate can apply for IBPS RRB 2020 examination under PwD category if he/she suffers from the disability not less than 40% certified by Medical Board. It is important to carry documents, certifying the claim, issued by authority of medical boards under central/state government. PwD category includes candidates with following disabilities:
- Visually Impaired- This category includes candidates with total blindness, visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses and limitation of the field of vision subtending in angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Deaf and Hearing Impaired- Hearing impairment means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies. Such candidates experience total loss of hearing ability in both the ears.
- Orthopedically Challenged- Candidates who have locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of minimum of 40% can apply for IBPS RRB under this category. Also, candidates who fall in the following categories are eligible to apply for IBPS RRB 2020:
- BL - Both legs affected but not arms OA - One arm affected (R or L), Impaired reach, Weakness of grip, Ataxia
- OL - One leg affected (R and or L)
- MW - Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance
IBPS RRB 2021 Guidelines for Scribe
Candidates belonging to PwD category are expected to adhere to the rules and regulations set by IBPS RRB 2020 if he /she uses a scribe or suffers from locomotor disability and cerebral palsy or has visual impairment. Here are some guidelines for candidates belonging to each of the above-mentioned categories:
Candidates Using Scribe
Candidates whose writing speed is adversely affected due to the disability, can use a scribe at his/her own risk. Candidate who chooses to sit with a scribe must acquaint the scribe with following rules that are applicable in IBPS RRB 2020 examination:
- The scribe will not be arranged by IBPS RRB 2020 examination committee, candidate will have to arrange for scribe at his or her own cost.
- Scribe arranged by the candidate can belong to any stream but if a candidate sitting for the post of Specialist’s Officers arranges for a scribe, he/she must keep in mind that the scribe must be from academically different stream from that prescribed for the post.
- An undertaking must be signed by the scribe as well as candidate confirming that scribe fulfills all the eligibility conditions required by IBPS.
- Those candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour of the examination.
- Scribe requirement must be mentioned in the application form along with the request for time concession.
- If candidate or scribe fails to follow rules and regulations laid down by IBPS RRB 2020, both candidate as well as scribe will be held guilty and the candidature of the candidate shall stand cancelled along with disciplinary actions as applicable.
Guidelines for candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy
Candidate with minimum 40% impairment shall be provided with the concession of 20 minutes per hour in the writing section, if locomotor disability and cerebral palsy hinders performance.
Guidelines for Visually Impaired Candidates
Visually impaired candidates can opt for the contents of the IBPS RRB question paper to be magnified in font. Such candidate shall be given extra 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination. However, the magnifying facility shall not be available for the candidates who opt for scribe.
Check IBPS RRB Cutoff