Bihar Combined Competitive Examination is administered by the Bihar Public Service Commission for appointment to numerous gazetted posts such as Deputy Police Superintendent, Jailer, Block Development Officer (BDO), etc., in different departments of the state government. For both online and offline mode, applicants must fill out the BPSC application form. Applicants should be a graduate from any discipline according to the BPSC Civil Services eligibility criteria. The age limit for specific posts varies according to category. BPSC Civil Services 2020 consists of three phases – preliminary, mains, and personality testing.
Get FREE BPSC 2021 Mock Tests, Sectional Quiz, Previous Years Papers. Click Here
- Check the exam analysis, question papers and expected cut-off for BPSC 2020 Prelims Here.
- Candidate protested regarding alleged paper leaking in Aurangabad. Read more here
- Check the cut-off for all categories in BPSC 2020 Prelims exam Here.
- The admit card for Bihar Urdu translator exam 2020-21 has been released. Read more
- The Admit card for Patna High Court District Judge exam in 2020 will be out soon. read more
- BPSC 2020 admit card has been released. Read more
- BSSC Mains Admit card for 1st inter level exam is out. Read more
- List of rejected candidates for BPSC CCE exam 2020 is out. Read more
- BPSC Motor Vehicle Inspector recruitment exam has been postponed. Read more
- BPSC 31st Judicial Service exam admit card is out. Read more
- BSTC JE Civil Engineering 2020 result is out. Check details here
- BPSC has announced the 64th CCE interview dates. Read more
- BPSC has postponed the exam for Assistant Engineer, Mechanical Stream. read more
- BPSC civil judge admit card for 2020 will be out soon. Read more
- BSSC Stenographer skill test 2020 list has been released. Read more
- The exam timings for BPSC Mains 2020 has been revised. Check details here
- BSSC inter level exam date has been postponed to December 13, 2020. Read more
- Tejashwi Yadav declared that upper Age limit for all BPSC exams will be increased. Read more
- BPSC prelims for 2020 deadline is extended and two seats have been added. Read more
- BPSC Assistant Professor Admit cards for 2020 will be released by end of October. check details here
- 42 vacancies are available in Bihar Planning and Development department. Check details here
- Bihar COMFED recruitment 2020 for 142 vacancies is now open. Check details here
- BTSC has announced 3270 vacancies for different posts including Ayush Medical officers. Check details here
- Application process for BPSC 2020 exam to recruit for 373 vacancies for Auditors will begin this month. Check details here
- Candidates plea for postponement of the PBSC Judicial Services exam at SC. The plea has been granted and both 31st Judicial Service exam and 65th Combined Civil Service Mains exams have been postponed. Check details here
- BPSC 66th application process has started. Check details here
- BPSSC SI Mains 2020 exam Admit Card has been released. Read more here
- Bihar will soon announce 4638 vacancies for Assistant Professor. Check details here
- BPSC exam calendar for exams to be held from December 2020 to March 2021 has been released. Check here for details
- BPSC 66th Prelims Exam date and registration process date has been released. Read More here
- Bihar JE recruitment for 288 vacancies in PHED Bihar. Read more.
- BPSC 31st Judicial Service Exam date on October 7, 2020. Check details here
- BPSC Recruitment for 315 Assistant professor post in Government college- the application procedure has started. Check details here.
- The tentative dates for BPSC Mains exam have been declared. Check Details here
- The prelims exam is qualifying in essence and the marks earned at this point by the applicants are not counted for the final merit list.
- Candidates who qualify for the preliminary test would be called on for the mains test.
- Candidates would be chosen for the personality test based on the cumulative marks obtained in the mains exam.
- The final list of qualifications for selecting candidates for various positions will be prepared on the basis of the mains exam marks and the personality examination.
Refer to the article below to get an overview of the 65th Bihar Combined Competitive Examination to be conducted by the BPSC (Bihar Public Service Commission).
BPSC Civil Services 2021 Important Highlights
- BPSC Mains test date (updated) was shared on BPSC's official website. The 65th BPSC Main 2020 exam will be held on 04, 05, and 07 August 2020 according to the new notice.
- The 65th link for BPSC Mains Online Registration was extended until 24 June, 2020.
- BPSC will post a direct online application link on its official website for the BPSC Mains 2020 exam.
- BPSC is yet to declare the 65th BPSC test date for mains exam.
- The BPSC 65 PT test is focused on the process below:
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
- 65th BPSC Notification 2019 was posted on the Bihar Public Service Commission's official website: bpsc.bih.nic.in
- The Bihar Public Service Commission released the 2019 BPSC 65th PT Notification for numerous posts in the Department of State Government of Bihar.
- The commission has issued the official notification according to the reports in order to fill the 434 posts from:
- Revenue Officer
- Deputy Superintendent of Police
- Rural Development Officer
- As of 10th July, 2019, the online application for 65 BPSC combined Prelims exams began.
- The last date to apply for the BPSC 65 exam online has been extended. 11 August, 2019 was the final deadline for submitting the online application form and the last date was 9 August, 2019 for fee payment.
- There was some revision on the vacancies according to the most recent notice. Under the Reserve section, a total of 11 vacancies were eliminated in Reservation Quota. There are currently 423 vacancies.
BPSC Important Dates
BPSC Civil Services 2021 Important Dates
|Date to Download 65th BPSC Main Admit Card
||15 days before the exam date
|Start Date for Online Registration
||May 04, 2020
|Last Date for Online Registration
||June 24, 2020 (revised)
|Last Date to Registration Fee Payment
||June 10, 2020 (revised)
|Last Date for Document Submission via Post
||June 30, 2020 (revised)
|Last Date for Receipt Printing
||June 10, 2020 by 5:00 PM
|BPSC 65th PT Mains Exam Date 2020
||October 13, 14, 16, 2020
|BPSC 66th Registration Process
||September 28- October 20, 2020
|BPSC 66th Prelims exam date
||December 27, 2020
BPSC Civil Services 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualifications
To register for the BPSC 65th Combined Competitive (Preliminary) Test, you require government-recognized university graduation or equivalent degree.
- Age Limit
- Minimum age (as on 1 August, 2020) - 20, 21, 22 years
- General Category Male - 37 years
- General Category Female/OBC - 40 years
- SC/ST (Male/Female) - 42 years
BPSC Civil Services 2021 Application Process
The BPSC Civil Services application form will be made available in the online mode. Eligible applicants can complete the application form offline as well as online. Applicants must first register on the official web portal. Candidates will then continue to fill out the application form after a successful registration. Applicants should review the steps below for filling out the BPSC application form.
How to register for BPSC 2021?
- Step 1: Applicants have to first register for the exam to apply for BPSC Step 2: Civil Services by clicking on the 'Online Registration' tab.
- Step 3: In the next step, click on 'Apply online'.
- Step 4: Candidates would have to fill in all the information needed.
- Step 5: Click on the 'Submit' button after entry of information.
- Step 6: Username and password would be sent to the registered email address of the candidate.
BPSC 2021: Payment of Application fee
- Step 1: After registration, the fee payment link would be enabled the next day.
- Step 2: Candidates would have to pay the necessary fees digitally once the link gets activated.
|Name of Category
|Woman/SC/ST/Handicapped/Permanent residents of Bihar (All Categories)
Note: Only candidates who have successfully applied to the Bihar Public Service Commission using BPSC's official website will be eligible to access the BPSC Pre 2020 mains admit card.
BPSC Admit Card
BPSC 2021: Admit Card
- The examination conducting authorities will release the prelims exam admit card 15 days before the examination starts.
- Candidates after successfully submitting the application form can access the admit card.
- The BPSC Civil Services admit card mentions applicant name, personal information, exam information, instructions on the day of the test, etc.
- Applicants must also bear one valid proof of photo Identification along with the admit card on the day of the test.
- In the event of any inconsistency in BPSC's admit card, candidates must contact the exam conducting authorities at least one week before the examination begins.
- The BPSC Civil Services mains examination admit card 2020 is given to candidates who qualify for the preliminary examination by securing the qualification as well as the overall cut-off prescribed by the commission and also filled out the mains application form within the specified time frame.
Documents to be carried for BPSC Civil Services 2020 Exam:
Any photo ID card that has been issued by the government must be carried on the day of the examination.
These can include:
- Voter identity card
- Aadhaar card
- Pan card
- Driving license
BPSC Exam Pattern
BPSC 2021: Exam Pattern
The preliminary phase will be objective type for BPSC 65th Combined Competitive Test. The test time is 2 hours, holding 150 marks in total. Make sure you know the latest BPSC Exam Pattern 2020 well before you appear for the exam.
BPSC 2021: Prelims Exam Pattern
||Number of Questions
||Type of Questions
||120 minutes (2 hours)
BPSC 2021: Mains Exam Pattern
||Type of Questions
|General Hindi (Qualifying Paper)
|General Studies Paper I
|General Studies Paper 2
BPSC 2021: Interview/Personality Test
BPSC Civil Services 2020 Merit List
- The BPSC Merit List will be released based on BPSC Mains score (out of 900) + BPSC Interview/Personality Test score (out of 120).
BPSC 2021: Syllabus
Find below the overview of the syllabus of BPSC Prelims and Mains.
BPSC 2021: Prelims Syllabus
- General Knowledge
- National/International Current Affairs
- History of India and Bihar
- Geography of India and Bihar
- Rivers of Bihar
- India's polity
- Indian economy
- Economy of Bihar post-Independence
- Indian Movements and Bihar’s Contribution
BPSC 2021: Mains Syllabus
- Modern History and Culture of India
- Current events of national and international importance
- Statistical graphs, analysis, and diagrams
- Respective optional paper’s syllabus
BPSC 2021: Answer Key
- After reviewing the challenges raised by candidates against the provisional answer key, the commission would release the final answer key to the exam.
- TheBPSC Civil Services answer key for all sets of question booklets will be published online.
- The answer key assists candidates in checking the correct answers to questions asked during the exam.
- Candidates are required to determine their likely score based on the number of correct responses.
- Candidates may apply to challenge later in the event of a difference in the answer key.
- To raise a challenge, candidates have to send to the Combined Secretary-cum-Exam Controller information such as name, roll number, and address through post.
BPSC 2021 Result
Find below the details of BPSC Prelims and Mains Result.
BPSC 2021 Prelims
The results of the preliminary test will be announced for BPSC Civil Services after the test is completed. The result is declared in a PDF having the roll numbers of all qualified candidates. Applicants who qualify for the prelims test would be selected for the mains test. BPSC's preliminary examination is of a qualifying nature. The final result of the assessment by BPSC Civil Services will be announced on the basis of results in the mains test and interview.
BPSC 2021 Mains
Candidates will be chosen for the personality test depending on the results of the mains exam. The final BPSC result 2020 will be declared on the basis of candidate's marks in the mains exam and personality examination. Allotments to the different posts would be made depending on the candidate's position in the merit list.
BPSC 2021 Selection Process
BPSC PT 2020 selection process is based on Preliminary Test, Mains Test, and Interview. Candidates who successfully complete the exams and the interview would get shortlisted for the BPSC PT 2020.
BPSC 2021Cut Off
BPSC cut-off is the minimum qualifying marks that students must achieve in order to qualify for the exam and become eligible for the next round of the selection process. BPSC will separately announce cut-offs for preliminary, mains, and the personality test. Two types of BPSC cut off are available: qualifying and overall cut off. In the official notice, the commission will declare the qualifying cut off of BPSC preliminary and mains tests.
BPSC 2020 Prelims Cut-off
The qualifying preliminary exam cut off for the general category is 40 percent while for OBC, it is 36.5 percent. The qualifying cut off for backward classes, and SC/ST/women/PwD, respectively, is 34 percent and 32 percent. Candidates would need to secure the qualifying cut off to pass the test. In addition, qualifying candidates will need to achieve the overall cut off to qualify for the next round of the selection process. The exam board will choose candidates for the mains exam based on the cut off of the preliminary examination but this cut-off will not be considered for the final merit list.
BPSC 2020 Mains Cut-off
BPSC Civil Services main exam's qualifying cut off for Hindi paper is 30 percent, that is, 30 marks. BPSC Civil Services mains exam cutoff 2020 will decide applicants who are eligible for the personality test. Candidate allocations are made on the basis of the final cut off calculated on the basis of the marks obtained in the mains exam and personality test.
BPSC Civil Services Vacancies 2020
||Name of Post
||Number of Vacancies
||Sub Divisional Officer (अनु मंडल पदाधिकारी)
||Deputy Superintendent of Police (पुलिस उपाधीक्षक)
||Rural Development Officer (ग्रामीण विकास अधिकारी)
||Block Panchayat Officer (ब्लॉक पंचायत अधिकारी)
||District Sanapark Officer (जिला संपर्क अधिकारी)
||Bihar Education Service (बिहार शिक्षा सेवा)
||Labour Enforcement Officer (श्रम प्रवर्तन अधिकारी)
||Food and Consumer Inspector (खाद्य और उपभोक्ता निरीक्षक)
||Election Department (निर्वाचन विभाग अधिकारी)
||SC/ ST Welfare Department (अनुसूचित जाति /अनुसूचित जनजाति कल्याण विभाग)
BPSC 2021 Civil Services Salary
Under BPSC Recruitment 2020, the salary for various posts is INR 9,300 – INR. 34,800 + Grade Pay of INR 5400, INR 4800, and INR 4200. Do remember that depending on the commission, the salary for BPSC PT is subject to change.
BPSC 2021: FAQs
Ques. How much does a BPSC PCS officer earn?
Ans. A BPSC PCS officer's salary for different posts is INR 9,300 to INR 34,800 + Grade Pay of INR 5400, 4800, 4200. As per the pay commission, this salary structure is subject to change.
Ques. How to prepare for BPSC 2020?
Ans. You can start preparation for the BPSC 2020 Exam by going through the syllabus, curating a list of books, and selecting the right BPSC online coaching classes. Compliment your training for the BPSC Exam with BPSC mock tests and online test series.
Ques. Does the BPSC Prelims Exam have any negative marking?
Ans. No, the BPSC Prelims Exam does not have any negative marking.
Ques. What is the paper attempting limit for the BPSC Exam?
Ans. There is no paper attempting limit for the BPSC Exam. Candidates can answer the exam as many times as they wish if they comply with the age limit criteria.
Ques. BPSC 2020 has how many vacancies?
Ans. There are a total of 423 vacancies according to the official notification provided by BPSC 2020.