The UGC NET application form 2021 will be released very soon by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The aspirants, who are willing to join as an Assistant Professor in Universities/Colleges of India, need to earn a fellowship award for UGC NET 2021. CBSE UGC NET 2021 exam will be conducted in two papers, papers I and II.
To appear for the test, the candidates can fill UGC NET application form in online mode by visiting the official website i.e ugcnet.nta.nic.in. Registration fees for the general category are INR 1000, INR 500 for OBC and EWS, and INR 250 for SC/ ST/ PWD and Transgender candidates.
UGC NET Dates 2021
UGC NET 2021: Exam Dates
||For the July session (Tentatively)
||For the December session (Tentatively)
|Beginning of application process
||March 2021, 1st week
||September 2021, 1st week
|Closing of the application process
||April 2021, 2nd week
||September 2021, last week
|Last date for application fee submission
||April 2021, 2nd week
||October 2021, 1st week
|Correction in application form begins
||April 2021, 3rd week
||October 2021, 2nd week
|Last date for form correction
||April 2021, 4th week
||October 2021, 2nd week
|Printing of admit card
||June 2021, 3rd week
||November 2021, 3rd week
||December 2021, 2nd week to 4th week
|Declaration of result
||January 2022, 2nd week
UGC NET Doucments
Documents Need to Keep Ready Before Filling the UGC NET Application Form 2021
- Board/ Institution/ University Certificate
- Passport number/ Aadhaar Card Number/ Ration Card/ Voter ID card number and other Government ID
- Degree certificate of the qualification of the aspirants
- Reservation/ Category certificate (if applicable)
- EWS (Economically Weaker Section) certificate (if applicable)
- Person with Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned image of photo and signature (in JPG format)
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Permanent and correspondence address with pin code
- Need to provide valid email ID and mobile number
- Names of four exam cities according to the preference
- Code of NET subject
- Code of Post-graduation course
How to Fill the UGC NET 2021 Application Form?
Aspirants can fill UGC NET Application Form 2021 by following the steps given below:
(All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate times)
Step 1: UGC NET Registration 2021
- Registration: New users should register on the official website of UGC NET 2021 to apply for the same. Candidates can complete the registration process by filling the required details.
- Log in: Already registered candidates can log in using their Application Number and Password.
- Note: Candidates are advised to go through the Terms and Conditions and then click on "Proceed Further".
Check UGC NET 2021 Exam Pattern
Step 2: Filling UGC NET Application Form 2021
- Enter Your Details: The online application form will be displayed and candidates must enter the required details such as 4 preferences of exam center, NET subject, the course at PG level, reservation category, and other details.
- Submission: Fill all the details and click on the "Submit" option.
- Confirmation: After submission, a Review Page appears where candidates can review the details entered by them. After verification, click the "Final Submit" button to submit the application form. Candidates should save the confirmation page.
- Application Number: Application number will be generated after the submission of the form. Candidates must save the number as it is used to log in and other uses.
Step 3: Uploading Scanned Images
Candidates are required to upload scanned images only in the below-specified format and dimensions: Check How to upload photos and other documents?
||between 10 kb – 200 kb
||between 4 kb – 30 kb
|| 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm
||3.5 cm X 1.5 cm
Step 4: Pay UGC NET Application Fee
- Portal: After the final upload of the photo, the candidates will be redirected to the fee payment portal.
- Payment mode: Candidates can pay UGC NET Registration fees in online mode only.
- Payment Gateway: The fees can be paid using debit card/ credit card/ net banking of SBI/ Syndicate/ HDFC and ICICI bank or through Paytm or UPI.
- Download Confirmation Page: Candidates must save 4 copies of filled in the application form and e-receipt of fee payment. Read UGC NET Syllabus
UGC NET Application Fee 2021
The application fee varies as per candidate’s category:
||Application Fee (Revised)
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender
Note: GST/ Processing charges & GST to be paid by the candidates, as applicable.
UGC NET Application Form Correction 2021
- UGC NET Application Form Correction facility will be provided by NTA.
- The application form correction facility will be available in online mode only at the official website – ugcnet.nta.nic.in.
- An email and SMS are sent to the candidates whose application form requires some rectifications.
- Candidates can edit/ correct only certain fields such as name, parents’ name, date of birth, contact address, category, gender, choice of exam centre, scanned photo and signature, etc.
- Candidates have to upload supporting documents to attest to the edits made and pay the required fees if any.
Steps to Correct the UGC NET Application Form 2021
- Go to the official website of the exam
- Click the option to correct the application form
- The aspirants have to log in by providing the application number and password
- All the candidates are requested to go through the instructions properly before you click ‘I agree’ checkbox.
- Now, you need to click the proceed button
- Make the required changes in the application form
- Click the Submit button
- Review the corrections made and click the checkbox. It will be found at the bottom of the page.
- Click on the Final Submit Button
- Do not forget to take a print out of the revised confirmation page for future reference.
UGC NET Eligibility
UGC NET 2021 Eligibility
Before filling UGC NET Application Form, candidates must consider the important points listed below:
- Age Criteria: For Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) the upper age limit is 30 years as on June 1, 2021. There is no age limit described for the Assistant Professor.
- Age Relaxation: 5 years of relaxation is given in the upper age limit for OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD category. Relaxation will also be provided to the research experience of students.
- Qualifying Exam: Students must have a Master’s degree or equivalent from any recognized university.
- Subjects: The qualifying exam has to be passed in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications and Electronic Science.
- Minimum Marks: General category students must have scored 55% marks in the qualifying exam while 50% marks are required for reserved category students.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who are appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- Relaxation: There is a 5% relaxation for Ph.D. degree holders in aggregate marks. Such students should have a Master’s degree examination completed before September 19, 1991.
Check Detailed UGC NET 2021 Eligibility
UGC NET Registration 2021 Important Points
Candidates can refer to the below-filling criteria for the following details asked:
- Applied for: Select whether Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship or both
- Subject opted for: Select one subject from the 81 specializations available.
- City of examination: Select 4 cities from 224 cities where the test is being conducted.
- Name: Enter name
- Gender: Choose gender
- Reservation category: Choose the Reservation Category properly from the drop-down list available
- Mailing and permanent address: Enter Mailing and Permanent Address
- Education qualification: Enter all the educational qualifications
- Choose a password and security question and answer, which will be used for all future correspondence
- The final submission of the online application form will remain incomplete if step 2 and step 3 are not completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
- The entire application process of UGC NET June 2021 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees, and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates will not require to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ By Hand.
- Candidates are advised to keep visiting the NTA’s website regularly for the latest updates regarding UGC NET 2021.
Download UGC NET Sample Papers
UGC NET FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. In case the Photograph is not having Name & Date of the Photograph, would the form be rejected?
Ans. No, the form will not be rejected. However, it is suggested to have a photo with name and date on it. All the details that need to be kept in mind while filling the online application form will be mentioned in the official notification releasing on March 16, 2020. Before applying, candidates must go through the document.
Ques. Do I have the option of editing my submitted application?
Ans. Yes, NTA will allow you to correct your UGC NET 2021 application form. All the exam-related dates will be out later.
Ques. Whether Aadhaar Card number mandatory for filing UGC NET 2021 application form?
Ans. No, the Aadhaar number is optional.
Ques. Can I apply for UGC NET 2021 exam through offline mode?
Ans. No, only an online application option is there. Candidates have to visit the official website to fill the application forms. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before filling the form and paying online fees.
Ques. I am a candidate appearing for my final year exams in my Master's degree. Can I apply?
Ans. Yes, final year students can apply. All the candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria prescribed by the authorities. General category students must have scored 55% marks in the qualifying exam and the upper age limit is 30 years as on June 1, 2021. There is no age limit described for the Assistant Professor.
Ques. Is the thumb impression necessary to upload with the application form?
Ans. No, thumb impression is not necessary.
Ques. Can I pay the application fee through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO, etc?
Ans. No. Candidates will be able to make fee payments only through the options available on the payment screen. No other method would be applicable for the same. The fees can be paid using debit card/ credit card/ net banking of SBI/ Syndicate/ HDFC and ICICI bank or through Paytm or UPI.
Ques. What subject should I select for UGC CBSE NET?
Ans. The subject in which you specialized in your post-graduation should be chosen for UGC CBSE NET. You can check the application procedure to learn more.
Ques. Is it possible to apply for NET in two different subjects?
Ans. No, you cannot apply for NET in two different subjects and only opt for the NET exam for your post-graduation subject.
Ques. How to change my UGC NET exam centre?
Ans. Once the admit card is published, you cannot appeal for changing the NET Exam centre in any way. However, during the application procedure, if you wish to change the exam centre before final submission, you can do so by simply editing the application form. For more details check UGC NET Application procedure here.
Ques. How many times can we attempt the UGC NET exams?
Ans. For JRF, you can apply only three times within the 30 years age limit. For an assistant professor post, you can attempt as many times as you want- there is no age limit or restriction on attempting.
Ques. In which language will the UGC NET exam be held?
Ans. The UGC NET exam is bilingual and the paper is in English and Hindi language.
Ques. Can a non-collegiate apply for the UGC NET?
Ans. A non-collegiate cannot appear for UGC NET as the minimum qualification required is a master's degree with 55% minimum aggregate.