Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts SSC Junior Engineer (JE) Exam 2020-21 for Paper I between 22nd March - 24th March 2021. The SSC JE 2020-21 Paper II exam date is not out yet on the official website. Applicants who are taking the exam this year must focus on preparing their strategy for SSC JE in 2021 and keep their eyes on the latest updates.
To crack the SSC JE exam, you must have all the knowledge about SSC JE Exam Pattern and SSC JE Syllabus. You should practice SSC JE previous year’s question papers and take mock tests daily. This will help cover all the topics, understand the strengths and manage time. Read further to know the subject-wise SSC JE Preparation hacks to clear the exam with flying colors.
JE Preparation Tips
SSC JE Subject Wise Preparation Tips 2021
SSC JE Paper I comprises three parts,
- General Awareness
- Civil & Structural Engineering (Part A), or Electrical Engineering (Part B), or Mechanical Engineering (Part C).
SSC JE Preparation Tips for General Intelligence and Reasoning
- In this section, most of the questions are coming from arithmetical reasoning topics such as Number Series, Data Sufficiency, Analogy, Linear and Circular Arrangement, etc.
- To prepare the section, the candidates should think rationally and logically.
- To answer the Blood-related questions, the candidates can use real-life relatives. It will help them to answer the logical thinking section correctly.
- Practice the General Intelligence and Reasoning section as much as possible to uplift your speed, accuracy, and power to think.
- The candidates should solve mock test papers daily and make sure they complete the paper within 2 hours.
- Once you complete solving the mock tests, you are advised to analyze your performance regularly and try to overcome the shortcomings which keep you away to achieve the goal.
Check SSC JE 2021 has Released Important Exam Day Guidelines: Check Here
SSC JE Preparation Tips for General Awareness
Preparation of SSC JE General Awareness is a long-term goal. The candidates should have knowledge about the events across the globe. Go through the following content to know more about the SSC JE General Awareness preparation tips:
- Do not waste your time in preparing World History. Better they should devote more time in preparing the Indian History section.
- To keep yourself updated with the current news and events, you should read Newspapers regularly.
- Apart from that, the aspirants can find the latest news on national importance from the Internet.
- The aspirants are referred to good authorized books for preparing the Indian Constitution, General Science, and Geography section.
- To find out the difficulty level of the paper, the aspirants are advised to solve the previous year’s question papers.
Also, read SSC JE 2021 Last Minute Preparation Tips
SSC JE Preparation Tips: Part A Civil and Structural Engineering
Before the aspirants start to prepare the SSC JE Paper I syllabus, they should know that the candidates have to read thoroughly the subject to cover the width of the subject, instead of covering the depth of the concepts. It is the fundamental aspect of preparing the SSC JE Civil Engineering section. Check the below-mentioned content to know more about the preparation strategy of Part A:
- To score high in this section, the aspirants should memorize the formulae, standard values, and basic definitions.
- The candidates should practice more formula-based numerical questions.
- Give extra focus to prepare the ‘Fluid Mechanics” section thoroughly, especially the numerical questions.
- The aspirants should have a clear understanding of the basic terminologies and definitions and also need to memorize the units of various parameters.
- The candidates need to read thoroughly several soil mechanics tests.
- Under soil mechanics, the two most important parts, from where the aspirants get most of the questions for answering are Index Properties and the Interrelationship of different parameters.
- Similar to Hydraulics, the aspirants also require to memorize the basic definitions and formulae of soil mechanics. Click the news to get updates on SSC JE 22nd March 2021 Paper Analysis (Paper-I/Shift-I): Difficulty Level And Good Attempts
- This is the theoretical section, where only a few numerical questions are asked to the aspirants.
- Usually, the difficulty level of this section is moderate to tough. Hence, to score high in this section, the candidates should give extra focus on factual details.
- The candidates should have a good grip on the name of the IS codes.
- Since most of the aspirants find it difficult to memorize the volume of facts of this section, hence, they should practice it regularly.
- Regular practice and repeated revision is the fundamental aspect of scoring good marks in this section.
- The aspirants also get some formula-based numerical questions but do not need to spend much time to prepare the numerical part of Irrigation Engineering.
- Memorize the standard values of water quality parameters.
- The aspirants should know several treatment processes along with the design of sewers.
- Read the standard definitions and factual details.
Estimating, Costing, and Valuation
- Memorize the facts and definitions.
- Also, practice the numerical questions as much as possible.
- The aspirants are advised to practice the estimation process thoroughly.
Go through the following quick links:
- The candidates should cover the theoretical section in a detailed manner.
- In addition, the aspirants should have a good grip on the small factual; details, and formulae for preparing several surveying methods and instrumental knowledge.
Theory of Structures
- It will be wise to work more on the conceptual application rather than remembering the formulas.
- The aspirants should memorize the basic definitions of the theory of structures.
- The aspirants should thoroughly read the Concrete mix design and the properties of concrete apart from memorizing the factual details of other theoretical portions.
- Practice the numerical questions from the concrete mix design section.
- At first, all the candidates should prepare the most scoring subjects. It will help them to score good marks from the Concrete Technology unit.
- Most of the questions of RCC Design are coming from IS 456: 2000. Hence, the aspirants are advised to read the IS code thoroughly.
- The aspirants should a clear understanding of the conceptual subject and the understanding of design concepts.
- It is necessary to read thoroughly the IS 800:2007 code
- All the aspirants should have a clear understanding of the basic terminologies, design concepts, and facts.
SSC JE Preparation Tips: Part B Electrical Engineering
SSC JE preparation for Electrical Engineering is easy, only the aspirants need to provide persistent effort to score well in this section. Before you start preparation, you should read the following tips:
- Once you will have a good grip on the subject, the aspirants should prepare a list of repeatedly asked questions, topics and mark them as important.
- It is wise to prepare a short note on the topics so that the aspirants can memorize them easily.
- From the Electrical Machines, most of the questions are asked from the theoretical part. Hence, to answer most of the questions, the theoretical knowledge of the aspirants should be cleared.
- Approximately 12-15% of questions are asked from the measurement and measuring instruments, which is a combination of theory and numerical parts. The candidates should read this section well so that they can score high.
- Questions on Power System are usually tricky and one should work hard for obtaining good marks.
- From the Basic Electronics part, the questions will be simple formula-based or theoretical, which should not be avoided.
SSC JE Preparation Tips: Part C Mechanical Engineering
- 80% of questions of Mechanical Engineering will be theoretically based, whereas 20% of questions will be numerically based. First, the candidates should clear the theoretical concepts.
- Similar to Electrical Engineering, the candidates should make short notes and formulas, so that it will help the aspirants to memorize the facts easily.
JE General Tips
General SSC JE Preparation Tips 2021
SSC JE exam is a two-tier one. This means that the selection process will have 2 papers.
- Paper I: This is an online test of 200 marks spanning two hours.
- Paper II: This is an offline test of 300 marks spanning for two hours.
For a good SSC JE preparation in 2021, you will need to be well prepared on your core Engineering subjects (Civil or Structural or Electrical or Mechanical) but also in General Awareness, and General Intelligence. Also, check SSC JE Subject Wise Books
Besides being aware of the topics, awareness about the SSC JE exam pattern is required for effective preparation. Check the SSC JE exam pattern below.
SSC JE FAQs
SSC JE Preparation 2021 FAQs
Ques. Is the SSC JE Preparation Tips uniform for all the years?
Ans. Well, the general approach for SSC JE Exam preparation is the same for all years i.e. 2018, 2019 or 2020. What aspirants must note is whether there is any change in SSC JE Exam Pattern and SSC JE Syllabus.
Ques. When should I start preparing for the SSC JE exam?
Ans. Well, you should start preparing at least 1 year to 6 months before the SSC JE exam.
Ques. Which is the best book for the SSC JE preparation in 2021?
Ans. Please refer to some of the book lists mentioned here for SSC JE preparation.
Ques. How to prepare for the SSC JE mechanical exam?
Ans. For SSC JE preparation (Mechanical), attempt to practise 40-50 questions each day. Make sure that you are completely aware of the SSC JE syllabus and exam pattern.