Combined Medical Services (CMS) examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment into different healthcare officer posts of government departments of India. This is one of the prestigious examinations held in India to recruit doctors across the country for various Govt. departments.
- The CMS 2020 exam is being held for the recruitment of Medical Officers and Junior Scale Posts in Indian governmental departments.
- The notification was released for a total of 182 vacancies of Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service. It has released a total of 377 vacancies under Category II.
- The UPSC CMS starting salary will be INR 56100. But the salary will differ for different posts of the UPSC CMS.
- The candidates after the selection process will be on probation for two years which is subject to variation as per the posts.
UPSC CMS 2020 Vacancies
The notification released by UPSC for the recruitment of the Combined Medical Services Examination (CMSE) 2020 discloses the total of 965 vacancies that include PwBD categories. Here is the list of vacancies as per the categories:
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service – 182 posts
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300 posts
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service – 66 posts
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council – 04 posts
- General Duty Medical Officer Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation – 07 posts
UPSC CMS 2020 Post-Wise Salary Structure
All the selected candidates who fall under the final merit list will be eligible for the post and will receive a sum for the work they do as UPSC CMS Salary in hand. The UPSC CMS starting salary will be INR 56100/-. But the salary will differ for different posts of the UPSC CMS.
- The Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways will receive a salary within (INR 15600 - 39100/-).
- The Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance factories’ health Service under The Ministry of Defence will receive Pay level 10 of the pay matrix plus NPA ( as per rate and rules which are amended from time to time).
- The Officers in Junior Scale Post in the Central Health Service will get a salary ranging from (INR 56100 to Rs.177500/-).
- The General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council gets a salary ranging from (INR 56100 to rs. 177500/- plus restricted NPA).
- The General Duty Medical Officer Gr.II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal corporation gets a salary ranging from (INR 15600-39100+ Grade Pay of Rs.5400/-)
UPSC CMS 2020 Duties and Responsibilities
The UPSC CMS Job roles can be found out from the following points:
Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
- Need to serve in any Defence Service or post connected with the Defence of India for not less than four years including the period spent on training.
- He will attend the indoor wards and out patent department daily and as required
- He will carry out a physical examination of candidates and employees in service as per the regulation in force.
- He will look after family planning, public health as well as sanitation in his jurisdiction.
- He will carry out the examination of vendors
- He will be responsible for the discipline and discharge of duties of the Hospital Health Unit Staff
- CMS /MS In-charge, he would aid the CMS/Addl.CMS/MS In charge of all his duties but maybe specifically allotted with some duties as well as responsibilities.
- ADMOs will be required to perform other duties which will be allotted to them from time to time.
Posts of Assistant Medical Officer in the Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service under the Ministry of Defence
- Medical attendance of emergencies, outpatients, and inpatients
- Medical Examination
- Catering occupational health service
- Organizing and supervising the work
- Ensuring proper housekeeping as well as security
- Maintaining equipment and instruments
- Ensuring there is proper biomedical waste disposal
- Also, other duties allotted by the Medical Officer- In Charge.
Junior Scale Post in the Central Health Service
- The posts are temporary but may continue indefinitely.
- They need to attend patients in emergencies, outpatients, and inpatients. They also conduct medical examinations and look after the administration of the medical department.
General Duty Medical Officer in the New Delhi Municipal Council, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation
- Making a tracking of the Clinical Data and analyzing those- They review the records, reports, and exam data so that they can diagnose the patients’ conditions. If they require more information about the patient, then they will order several additional tests by consulting with other physicians and also by contacting the patient’s previous healthcare professionals.
- Researching the Modern Medical Programs and Research- Medical Officers researches data about the most modernized medical programs so that best diagnoses and healthcare treatment can be provided to the patients.
- Planning, Executing Clinical Aid- Medical Officers overview the medical requirements of their patients and with that the functions performed by the medical staff.
- Creating Revised ProgramsWhile reviewing fully the clinical services and programs implemented by the staff, the Medical Officer can understand in which area the services can be improved and make recommendations accordingly.
- Maintaining The Appropriate Documentation- Medical Officers also ensure that appropriate and consistent documentation of medical records for the patients is made.
UPSC CMS 2020 - Perks And Benefits
There are various perks and benefits that the UPSC CMS can expect. They are as follows-
- The candidates will be granted pensions, gratuity as enforced in the Council from time to time.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to get promoted to higher grades depending on their experience.
- Pay scales and allowances attached to the higher grades will be as per the provisions of Railway Medical Services Recruitment Rules, 2000 and the orders and instructions issued by the Ministry of Railway from time to time.
- Candidates can avail leave as and when they require as per leave rules.
Ques. What is the starting salary of UPSC CMS 2020?
Ans. The UPSC CMS starting salary will be INR 56100. But the salary will differ for different posts of the UPSC CMS.
Ques. How long will be the probation period of UPSC CMS 2020 recruited candidates?
Ans. There will be two years of a probationary period.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.