The Combined Medical Services Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. It qualifies and selects eligible candidates for recruitment into different healthcare officer posts of government departments of India.
- UPSC CMS 2020 result is out. Read more here
- AMC staff nurse and other posts related admit card to be released soon. Read more
- ICMR Admit card for Scientist B exam has been released for 2020. Read more here
- Application process for vacancies in Safdajung Hospital is ongoing. Read more here
- GMCH Chandgarh announced 129 vacancies and recruitment is ongoing. Check details here
- GMC Jammu has 105 vacancies for which application process is ongoing. Check details here
- UPSC CMS 2020 notification was issued on July 29, 2020, for a total number of 559 vacancies of Medical Officers and Junior Scale Posts in Indian governmental departments..
- The last date to submit the UPSC CMS 2020 application is August 18, 2020. The notification was first released on the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in.
- Candidates were given opportunities to apply through the official website in the mode of online.
- UPSC is providing the facility to withdraw the application form after the closure of the application window.
- Those candidates who have completed the application procedure will be issued admit cards to appear in the exam.
- Candidates are sorted through a preliminary screening exam and a Personality Test.
- Final results of the CMS 2020 exam are released by the UPSC on the basis of both stages.
Get FREE CMS 2021 Mock Tests, Sectional Quiz, Previous Years Papers. Click Here
- UPSC CMS 2020 exam date and time table has been released. Download the schedule from here.
- The online Applications can be filled upto 18th August 2020 till 6.00 P.M.
- The online Applications can be withdrawn from August 25, 2020, to August 31, .2020 till 6.00 PM.
- UPSC CMS Exam will conducted on October 22, 2020.
UPSC CMS 2020 Highlights
||Combined Medical Services Examination (CMSE)
||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
|Upper Age Limit
||UR - INR 200/- Female and Reserved - Exempted
|Number of papers
- Computer-Based Exam
UPSC CMS Eligibility
UPSC CMS 2020 Eligibility
All Indian candidates (male/female/transgender) who are willing to apply for the exam, should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Here are the major conditions mentioned below:
- A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years as on August 01, 2020, i.e. the candidate must have been born not earlier than August 02, 1988.
- For Junior Time Scale Posts in Central Health Services, the upper age limit must not exceed 35 (thirty-five years) on the aforesaid cut-off date.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for SC, ST OBC, PwD, Defence Service personnel and Ex-servicemen.
- For admission to the examination, a candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- A candidate who has appeared or has yet to appear at the final M.B.B.S. Examination may also apply.
Note: A candidate who has yet to complete the compulsory rotating internship is educationally eligible for admission to the examination but on selection, he/she will be appointed only after he/she has completed the compulsory rotating internship.
Check UPSC CMS 2020 Eligibility for more details
How to Apply for UPSC CMS 2020?
Combined Medical Services Examination is conducted every year for the recruitment of Medical Officers in various government departments. Knowing the application process is important. Here are the steps:
- Visit the official website of UPSC- www.upsc.gov.in
- Click on the “Apply Online” tab.
- Fill all the details in the required fields.
- Pay the UPSC CMS application fees
- Upload documents as per the specifications.
- Preview and submit the application form.
UPSC CMS 2020 Application Fee:
- UR Male category: INR 200/-
- Female and reserved category candidates: NIL
Check UPSC CMS 2020 Application Process and Guidelines to know more.
UPSC CMS Admit Card
UPSC CMS 2020 Admit Card
The UPSC Combined Medical Services Admit Card 2020 will be released online on the official website by UPSC 2 - 3 weeks before the exam date. therefore, those candidates who have applied for the Combined Medical Services Exam (CMS 2020), should know how to download the admit card from the official website of UPSC. here are the steps to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website - upsc.gov.in
- Click on the Admit Cards tab.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- On that page click on the CMS call letter link.
- After clicking on the CMS hall ticket link applicants will be redirected to a new page.
- Here the applicants will have to choose a login option either a registration number or roll number.
- A new page will open where they have to enter their registration number or roll number depending on the login option they have chosen. Along with their date of birth and captcha. And enter submit.
- UPSC CMS 2020 hall ticket will be displayed on the screen.
- Download and take a print out of it for future reference.
Know more about UPSC CMS 2020 Admit Card
UPSC CMS Exam Centres
UPSC CMS 2020 Exam Centres
The UPSC CMS exam centres are allotted the title of UPSC CMS application processing. The candidates need to fill their choice for the exam centre. UPSC CMS exam centres are allotted on the first-come and first serve basis.
The candidates need to fill the UPSC CMS application form as soon as possible so they can get the UPSC CMS exam centre of their choice. The UPSC CMS exam is a nationwide exam and the exam centres are located across the nation.
||Prayagraj (erstwhile Allahabad)
The UPSC CMS interviews are conducted in the UPSC officer premises in Dholpur House, New Delhi. The candidates irrespective of their place of residence need to come to New Delhi to appear in the UPSC CMS interview.
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern
UPSC CMS 2020 Exam Pattern
- The computer-based written test consists of Paper-I & Paper-II making a total of 500 marks.
- Each paper of CMS Exam comprises two main sections carrying a total of 250 marks.
- Each paper is of 2 hours duration.
- Each wrong answer will deduct (1/3) marks assigned to that question.
||No of Questions
To know the section-wise exam pattern, check UPSC CMS 2020 Paper-wise Exam Pattern and Syllabus
UPSC CMS Syllabus
UPSC CMS 2020 Syllabus
- The Paper I of the computer-based test shall be of 250 marks to be attempted in two hours duration wherein 120 total number of questions shall be asked.
- The general medicine questions shall be 96 in number while 24 such questions shall be asked only from the Paediatrics section.
- The syllabus for the General Medicine has been listed pointwise in the officially released detailed notification declaring the UPSC CMS 2020 revised exam syllabus online.
- The Paper-II of computer-based written test shall have subdivided three sections of Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics and Preventive & Social Medicine having 40 questions from each section making it a total of 120 questions in the Paper 2 as well.
- The Paper-II of the UPSC CMS 2020 exam shall also be of 250 marks of 2 hours duration each.
- The syllabus for the Personality test carrying 100 marks includes testing of general knowledge and awareness along with the candidates’ analytical and critical prowess.
- Social behaviour, mental alertness, and integrity of character shall also be tested in the interview.
Check UPSC CMS 2020 Syllabus and Best Books to get the detailed syllabus and best books on each topic.
UPSC CMS Cutoff
UPSC CMS 2020 Cutoff Marks
UPSC CMS Cut off 2020 is calculated by UPSC based on the number of vacancies, several candidates appeared, the difficulty level of UPSC CMS 2020 exam and more. Knowing the expected UPSC CMS cut off marks helps create a good preparation strategy. Here are the expected cutoff marks of written test of UPSC CMS 2020:
||Cut off Marks (Out of 500)
||Final Cut off Marks (Out of 600)
To know about other facts of cutoff marks, the previous years’ cutoff marks, check UPSC CMS 2020 Results and Cutoff Marks - Expected Cutoff & Previous Years Cutoff
UPSC CMS Selection Process
UPSC CMS 2020 Selection Process
The details of the selection process have been declared in the official notification by UPSC. Candidates under UPSC CMS recruitment will be selected based on their performance on 2 stages:
- Computer-based Examination(Written Test of 500 Marks)
- Personality Test (Face-to-Face Interview of 100 Maks)
- Physical Fitness (Qualifying In Nature)
Candidates have to clear a written test and on qualifying this stage, they appear in an interview. Final selections are made based on total marks scored in both the stages. It is really necessary to prepare well for both the stages to crack it.
Check UPSC CMS 2020 Selection Process - Written Test, Interview & Probationary Period
UPSC CMS 2020 Preparation Tips
To crack a tough entrance exam like the UPSC CMS, sincere dedication is not enough as the candidates have to balance between hard work and smart work to achieve their desired result. Here we are providing some of the best ways to approach UPSC CMS 2020:
- Know your syllabus and exam pattern.
- Make a suitable Study plan.
- Prioritizing the topics.
- Make and read your notes and highlights.
- Selection of Right Study Materials.
- Practise previous year papers and mock tests.
- Focus on your personality and communication skills
- Keep yourself updated
To know more about the preparation strategies and tips for the written exam and personality test, check UPSC CMS 2020 Preparation Tips and Strategies
UPSC CMS Vacancies
UPSC CMS 2020 Vacancies
The official notification which was released for the recruitment of CMS officers discloses the total of 965 vacancies that include PwBD categories. Here is a list of the vacancies as per the categories:
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Service – 182 posts
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300 posts
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service – 66 posts
- General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council – 04 posts
- General Duty Medical Officer Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation and South Delhi Municipal Corporation – 07 posts