SBI PO 2021 Syllabus is stipulated by State Bank of India, the conducting body of the exam. Based on the topics in syllabus of SBI PO 2021, the question paper for the exam will be set. Syllabus and difficulty level of Prelims and Mains exam vary. Check SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern
Get FREE SBI PO 2021 Mock Tests, Sectional Quiz, Previous Years Papers. Click Here
Even though SBI PO 2021 syllabus is similar to the other banking exams, it focuses more on Quantitative Ability Section and Computer Aptitude. other segments are English Language and General awareness which focus primarily on topics related to economy and Banking.
Download SBI PO Previous Years’ Question Papers
SBI PO Exam Pattern
SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern
The SBI PO exam consists of Prelims, Mains and Interview rounds. The Prelims is objective type and has section-wise cut-off as well as time limit. The SBI PO Mains exam comprises both of objective and descriptive type of questions. There is negative marking for both exam. The syllabus for SBI PO 2021 Prelims and Mains are similar but comparatively more detail-oriented for the Mains.
Check Complete SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern
SBI PO Syllabus
SBI PO Exam-Topic-wise Syllabus
SBI PO Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
Candidate must attempt questions that they find easy to solve, less time consuming and most importantly, scoring. To help candidates identify those concepts we are providing here a list of topics which can be solved easily in short span of time:
- Simplification: (5-10 Questions)- BODMAS rule, fractions, approximation, decimals and surds & indices
- Number System: (0-1 Questions)- Divisibility & remainder, multiples & factors, integers, LCM & HCF
- Average: (1-2 Questions)- Average weight/height/age/marks, average money expenditure, average temperature etc.
- Percentage: (1-2 Questions)- Calculation oriented basic percentage problems
- Ratio and Proportion: (1-2 Questions)- Simple ratios, compound ratios, componendo and dividendo, proportions
- Interest: (1-2 Questions)- Simple interest, compound interest as well as mixture of both SI & CI
- Number Series: (3-5 Questions)- Simple AP, GP, AGP or more complex patterns
- Profit and Loss: (0-2 Questions)- Successive selling, partnerships, discount & MP and dishonest dealings
- Speed, Time and Distance: (1-2 Questions)- Relative speed, average speed, problems based on trains, boats and stream
- Algebra: (3-5 Questions)- Problems based on quadratic equation and linear equations
- Mensuration: (1-2 Questions)- Areas of square, rectangle, circle, semicircle and parallelogram
- Data Interpretation: (5-10 Questions)- Line graphs, bar graphs, pie charts, tables and other miscellaneous infographics- triangular graph and radial graphs appear rarely
- Permutation and Combination
- Mixture Problems- Mixture of two or more entities
- Data Sufficiency Can be based on all the above-mentioned topics
SBI PO Books for Quantitative Aptitude Preparation
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations
||R S Aggarwal
|Shortcuts in Quantitative Aptitude with 4 eBooks for Competitive Exams
|Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude Chapterwise Solved Papers
|Chapterwise Solved Papers 2000-2015 Bank PO QUANTITATIVE APTITUDE
SBI PO Reasoning Ability Syllabus
Reasoning ability is to judge a candidate’s ability to apply reason in solving a particular problem. The candidate must begin with solving some easy questions to secure those marks at least without wasting much time on them. Here is the list of topics under this category:
- Coding & Decoding: (1-5 Questions)- Coding and decoding by letter shifting, coding by analogy and coding letters of a word.
- Inequalities: (3-5 Questions)- Direct mathematical inequalities problems
- Ordering and Ranking: (1-3 Questions)- Arranging by age, floor, rank, the order in row etc.
- Directions & Distances: (0-2 Questions)- Simple problems that can be solved by just plotting all the given information on paper. The questions under this concept are rarely asked in SBI PO examination
- Arrangement & Pattern: (0-2 Questions)- Random sequence of alphabets, number arrangements and dictionary or alphabet-based arrangements-Questions related to this topic are less likely to appear in SBI PO examination
- Analogy: (0-2 Questions)- Meaning based, letter-based and number-based questions
- Classification: (0-2 Questions)- Letter-based and meaningful words based questions- can also be GK based but less likely to come in the exam
- Syllogisms: (5 Questions)- Problems with numerous statements and multiple conclusions can be dealt with. Questions are asked whether the conclusions follow or not. Mostly possibility based questions will be asked.
- Blood Relations: (1-3 Questions)- Question-related to family and coded blood relation
- Input-Output: (0-5 Questions)- Words and numbers are arranged based on some pattern which is to be identified and applied to the question statements to arrive at the output.
- Data Sufficiency: (0-5 Questions)- Blood relations, ordering & ranking, coding in fictitious language, circular arrangements, directions & distances, ages & birthdates
- Circular Seating Arrangement: (5 Questions)- This concept basically includes uni-directional and bi-directional problems (i.e. facing inside, outside or in both directions). Sometimes, tough square/rectangular/hexagonal table problems also asked. These questions may be paired with blood relations or some other double line-up information along with circular arrangement information which makes the problem more difficult and time-consuming.
- Linear Seating Arrangement: (5 Questions)- Double line-up type problems with information sorting
- Double Line Up: (0-5 Questions)
- Scheduling: (0-5 Questions)- Questions in this category are less likely to appear. The problems in this category are very similar to double line-up problems
- Grouping and Selection: (0-5 Questions)-These are the questions that are less likely to appear. Problems on teams and committees asked under this category
- Verbal Reasoning: (0-2 Questions)- Cause and effect, course of action, statement and assumptions, statement and arguments, statement and inferences, statement and conclusions, and critical reasoning questions
SBI PO Books for Reasoning Preparation
|Bank PO Reasoning: Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 to till Date 7330+Objective Questions
||Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan, Pratiyogita Kiran, KICX
|Bank PO Reasoning Chapterwise Solved Papers
|Chapterwise Solved Papers 2000-2015 Bank PO REASONING
|Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams (Objective with Subjective)
||Soumya Ranjan Behera
Check Sectional Tests- Mains during the preparation time of SBI PO 2020
SBI PO English Language Syllabus
The third concept in the SBI Preliminary examination is that of the English Language. Here are several topics that will be covered in this concept:
|Fill in the Blanks: (5 Questions)
||Double blank type questions. Vocabulary based questions. Answers can be easily picked by eliminating options and understanding the context of the sentence
|Reading Comprehension: (10-15 Questions)
||Likely the RC will consist of one passage of 10 questions, including 3-4 questions on vocabulary. The topics you should look out for are moral stories, banking & economy, business, education, technology and social issues. Synonyms, antonyms and meanings of phrases will be asked in vocabulary-based questions. Theme and main idea based questions can also be asked.
|Para Jumbles: (5 Questions)
||A set of 6 sentences will be given to be rearranged and form a meaningful paragraph. All questions will be based on this single test. Sometimes, the correct order is asked. The passage can be on any general topic.
|Cloze Test: (5-10 Questions)
||A single passage with 5 or 10 blanks. Passage could be on any topic ranging from banking & economy to social issues. Words are usually easy to moderate, but there are always one or two tough words.
|Error Spotting: (5 Questions)
||Questions in this category could be asked either from the grammar or vocabulary section. Important topics covered under this are tenses, subject-verb agreement, article-noun agreement, correct part of speech, correct use of prepositions, parallelism, phrasal verbs, easily confusable words, contextual usage, sentence construction, degree of comparison, conjunctions, finite and non-finite verbs.
|Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction: (5 Questions)
||Mostly grammar-based- The questions sometimes test a candidate's standard construction of sentences, the order of words etc.
|Phrase Idiom Meaning
||The phrases will be given and the candidate will need to select the correct meaning of the given phrase
||Candidates will have to choose the word that is correctly spelt or wrongly spelt from the given options.
|Sentence/ Paragraph Completion
||Candidates will be given an incomplete long sentence with four options to choose from to complete the sentence meaningfully.
SBI PO Books for English Preparation
|Bank PO English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers
|Objective English for Competitive Examination
||Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Sinha
|Objective General English (Old Edition)
||R S Aggarwal
SBI PO Computer Knowledge Syllabus
- Basics of Computer
- Hardware and software
- Operating system
- MS Word and MS Excel
- Generation of Computer
- The internet, etc.
- Short forms (Eg. Jpeg, mp3, pdf)
- Android and Apple related news
SBI PO General Awareness Syllabus
- News related to RBI (Reserve Bank of India) and other Banks
- Awareness regarding Union, State and Railway Budget
- Current Affairs- A candidate must be aware of National and International awards, sports, author and books, summits, etc.
SBI PO Marketing Syllabus
- Basics of Marketing and its strategies
- Market Segmentation and Management
- Marketing Mix and Products Life Cycle
- Developing stage of organization
- Brand and Advertising
- 4 P’s and 4 C’s of marketing
SBI PO Mains Syllabus
SBI PO Exam- Descriptive Test Syllabus
This is Level 2 in the Main exam of SBI PO. It will commence immediately after candidates complete the objective test. Listed below are the highlights of SBI PO descriptive test.
- The exam is conducted in online mode i.e. candidates are allotted a desktop in which they are supposed to type their annswers.
- Candidates are given 30 minutes to complete Descriptive paper
- There are a total of 2 questions in this section namely Letter writing and Essay Writing
- The letter and essay could be asked to be written on any topic relating to banking reforms, social/political or economic policies.
- Each question is of 25 marks which brings the total marks to 50.
Note: Descriptive paper of a candidate will be checked only if they qualifies in the Objective test as per the qualifying marks decided by the Bank.
Also check- SBI PO 2021 selection process
SBI PO Interview Topics
SBI PO 2021 Group Discussion/ Interview syllabus
- Is Right to Freedom being misused?
- Cleanliness should be the fundamental duty of every citizen.
- What are the merits and demerits of One Rank One Pension scheme?
- What measures should be adopted for avoiding NPA?
- SBI Merger: Pros and cons?
- What do you think about reservations in education and jobs?
- How is Swaach Bharat Abhiyan currently important for India?
- NSG is the need of the hour for India.
- Rail budget should have merged into the general budget much earlier.
- Women employment is possible through mass awareness rather than launching programs.
- Is government just renaming the old schemes?
- Wind power Vs Solar Energy?
Read Detailed SBI PO 2020 Selection Process