SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2021 mandates a candidate to hold a Bachelor's Degree and must be within 21 to 30 years of age to apply for the exam. There are several levels and types of relaxation for reserved categories, but only candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions can proceed towards filling SBI PO Apply Online which will be released in April 2021 (tentatively). Those who are going for SBI PO Exam 2021, must have SBI PO Vacancy 2021 in their mind. SBI had offered 2000+ vacancies in total including the reserved vacancies for reserved categories in last year. Before the aspirants appear for the SBI PO exam, they should go through SBI PO Previous Year Question Paper.
With the SBI PO notification, the aspirants will get to the eligibility criteria, which is depending on the three factors:
- Age limit
- Number of attempts
- Educational qualification
- No of Attempts
The aspirants can also check the detailed information related to the Upcoming Banking Exams 2021, to know more click here.
|Date of Application Form
||April 2021 (tentative)
||Graduation or any equivalent degree
||21 to 30 years
||SC/ST- 5 years
OBC (NCL)- 3 years
|The number of attempts:
SC/ST – No Limit
SBI PO Eligibility
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2021 will be declared with the official date of release of the Application Form. Those candidates who are appearing in SBI PO Prelims or Main should know every detailed description of SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2021 because if at any stage it is found that any candidate fails to meet the criteria, his/her application will be discarded right away.
Candidates applying for SBI PO Exam should be one of the following:
- Citizen of India
- The subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugees who came to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO) who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Vietnam or East African countries of Zaire, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, with the intention of permanent settlement in India Candidates belonging to the category 2, 3, 4 must have a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. of India in their favor.
The age limit for every candidate is 21 to 30 years for general candidates. But there are relaxations for other categories:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)
|People affected by the 1984 riots
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)
|Ex-servicemen, ECOs, SSCOs who have rendered 5 years of military service.
Candidates who are aiming to apply for the SBI PO Exam 2021 and filling up the online Application Form, should meet any of the Educational Criteria listed below.
- Candidates having any Graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from any University/ Educational Institution which has been recognized by Central Government is eligible to apply for SBI PO Exam 2021.
- Candidates who are in their final year/semester also can fill the SBI PO 2021 Application Form. But they have to show the passing certificate of that particular degree mentioned in the Application Form which has been issued before August 31, 2021. They might need to show their certificate in the SBI PO Interview. Check SBI PO Selection Process
- Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2021.
- A candidate who possesses the qualification of Chartered Accountant is also eligible to apply for SBI PO 2021.
- There is no minimum limit of marks for filling the SBI PO 2021 Application Form.
Note: For more detailed eligibility criteria visit the official website [https://bank.sbi/careers. or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers]
- The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate from University/ Institute.
- If the result of any examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute and a certificate is issued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website, it will be taken as the passing date.
- The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all the semester(s)/ year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of Honours/ optional/ additional optional subject if any.
- The above rule will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/ Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
- The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
- Candidates should mention the percentage of their graduation degree calculated to the nearest two decimals in the SBI PO 2021 Application Form.
- Where CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, the same rule of percentage calculation should be applied and should be indicated in the SBI PO 2021 Application Form.
- If called for an interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of these norms.
SBI PO Attempts
A candidate cannot have as many attempts as a candidate requires. The following chart can easily give an idea about the number of attempts to any aspiring candidate who has an aim to crack SBI PO 2021 Exams.
||Number of Attempts
Points to remember
There are a few points to remember about the restrictions of attempts-
- The number of attempts has been decided as per the Category of the candidates.
- The candidates who have crossed the Age Limit are ineligible to apply.
- The number of attempts will be counted from the examination held on and after 18.04.2010.
- Appearing in Preliminary Examination will not be counted as a chance.
- Candidates with a record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues / or against whose name adverse reports of CIBIL or other external agencies are available are not eligible for appointment.
- Candidates against whom there is/ are adverse report regarding character & antecedents, moral turpitude is not eligible to apply for the post.
PO Reserved Category
- The candidates who don’t have any kind of certificate for their caste or category will fall under the General Category.
- Those who have a Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe Certificate declared by the Indian Government, should specify it in the SBI Application Form 2021 but they will have to show it in Exams and Interview.
- Under the Category of OBC, only the candidates coming under “Non-Creamy LAYER” will be treated as OBC.
- Under the EWS category, the Benefit of reservation can be availed upon production of an ‘Income and Asset Certificate’ issued by a Competent Authority in the format prescribed by the Government of India.
- Candidates who are under PwD Category, need to mention their Caste if there is any.
- They should indicate their category as 'GEN' or 'GEN (LD)' or 'GEN (VI)' or GEN (HI) or GEN (d&e) (as applicable).
4% horizontal reservation has been provided to Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as per section 34 of “Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”. The post is identified as suitable for the Persons with disabilities elaborated below as defined in the Schedule of RPWD Act 2016:
Locomotor Disabilities (LD): A person's inability to execute distinctive activities associated with the movement of self and objects resulting from affliction of the musculoskeletal or nervous system or both, including Cerebral Palsy, Leprosy Cured, Dwarfism, Muscular Dystrophy, and Acid Attack Victims. Orthopedically challenged persons are covered under locomotor disability with the following benchmark:
- OA- One arm affected (Right or Left)
- OL- One leg affected (Right or Left)
- OAL- One arm & One Leg affected)
- BL- Both legs affected but not arms
*Persons with OA and OAL category should have normal bilateral hand functions.
- "Leprosy cured person” means a person who has been cured of leprosy but is suffering from:
- Loss of sensation in hands or feet as well as the loss of sensation and paresis in the eye and eye-lid but with no manifest deformity;
- Manifest deformity and paresis but having sufficient mobility in their hands and feet to enable them to engage in normal economic activity;
- Extreme physical deformity as well as advanced age which prevents him/her from undertaking any gainful occupation, and the expression "leprosy cured" shall be construed accordingly;
- “Cerebral palsy" means a Group of non-progressive neurological conditions affecting body movements and muscle coordination, caused by damage to one or more specific areas of the brain, usually occurring before, during, or shortly after birth.
- "Dwarfism" means a medical or genetic condition resulting in an adult height of 4 feet 10 inches (147 centimeters) or less.
- "Muscular dystrophy" means a group of hereditary genetic muscle disease that weakens the muscles that move the human body and persons with multiple dystrophy have incorrect and missing information in their genes, which prevents them from making the proteins they need for healthy muscles. It is characterized by progressive skeletal muscle weakness, defects in muscle proteins, and the death of muscle cells and tissue;
- Acid attack victims" means a person disfigured due to violent assaults by throwing acid or similar corrosive substance.
- Visual Impairment (VI): Only those Visually Impaired (VI) persons who suffer from any one of the following conditions, after best correction, are eligible to apply.
- The total absence of sight; OR
- Visual acuity less than 3/60 or less than 10/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with best possible correction; OR
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of less than 10 degree
- Low Vision:
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/18 or less than 20/60 up to 3/60 or up to 10/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with best possible corrections; OR
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of fewer than 40 degrees up to 10 degrees.
- Hearing Impaired (HI):
- Deaf: This means a person having 70 DB hearing loss in speech frequencies in both ears.
- Hard of Hearing: It means a person having 60 DB to 70 DB hearing loss in speech frequencies in both ears.
- “Specific Learning Disability” (SLD) means a heterogeneous group of conditions wherein there is a deficit in processing language, spoken or written, that may manifest itself as a difficulty to comprehend, speak, read, write, spell, or to do mathematical calculations and includes such conditions as perceptual disabilities, dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, dyspraxia, and developmental aphasia.
- “Mental Illness” (MI) means a substantial disorder of thinking, mood, perception, orientation, or memory that grossly impairs judgment, behavior, capacity to recognize reality or ability to meet the ordinary demands of life, but does not include retardation which is a condition of arrested or incomplete development of mind of a person, especially characterized by subnormality of intelligence
- “Multiple Disabilities” means multiple disabilities amongst LD, VI, HI, and SLD & MI.
Note: Only those persons with benchmark disabilities would be eligible for reservation. “Benchmark disability” means a person with not less than 40% of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes the persons with a disability, where disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority.
A person who wants to avail of the benefit of reservation will have to submit a disability certificate issued by a Competent Authority as per Government of India guidelines. Such certificate will be subject to verification/ re-verification as may be decided by the competent authority.
An SBI PO aspirant must have a thorough understanding of the latest notifications, eligibility criteria, selection process, exam pattern and syllabus, cut-off knowledge of prior years before he/she starts the exam preparation.
SBI PO FAQs
Ques. Is every person with a disability eligible?
Ans. No, not every person with a disability is eligible. For more details, read “SBI PO Eligibility and Reservation for PwD candidates”.
Ques. What is the official website of SBI PO 2021?
Ques. What is the age limit for SBI PO?
Ans. The age limit for general candidates is between 21 and 30 years. Some relaxation is provided for reserved categories.
Ques. Can a 20-year-old apply for the exam?
Ans. No, the minimum age requirement for a candidate is 21 years.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer to the official website of the exam.