UPSC will release IAS 2020 admit card for prelims in the month of April 2020 (tentatively). Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the official website – upsc.gov.in by logging in with their registration number/ roll number and date of birth.
After downloading the admit card, candidates should check and verify all the details mentioned in the admit card. In case of any discrepancy, you must report it to the authorities by email to email@example.com.. Along with IAS 2020 admit card, candidates must carry a valid photo ID while appearing for the exam. Check IAS Exam Centers
IAS prelims exam is scheduled to be conducted on May 31, 2020. IAS Admit Card consists of important details like the candidate’s name, father’s name, DOB, photograph, signature, address of the allotted IAS Exam Centre. For better preparations, candidates can download practice papers. Read the article to know how to download admit card, exam day instructions, and list of permissible photo ID proof.
Direct Link to Download IAS 2020 Prelims Admit Card
Steps to Download Admit Card
How to Download IAS Admit Card 2020?
The admit card for IAS Exam will be issued online and candidates have to download it from the official website. Here is a list of requirements to download IAS Admit Card 2020:
- Registration Number and Date of Birth or
- Roll Number and Date of Birth
Steps to Download IAS 2020 Admit Card:
Step1: Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
Step 2: Click on the link ‘Download IAS Admit Card 2020’.
Step 3: Enter either Registration ID or Roll Number. Click on Login.
Step 4: You will be redirected to your IAS Admit Card 2020.
Step 5: Save the admit card and take its print out.
What after Downloading IAS Admit Card?
- Once you have IAS Main Admit Card in your hand, cross-check all the details mentioned on it.
- In case of any incorrect detail, you must contact the authority immediately.
- In case, your photograph/ signature is blur, carry a photograph to the exam hall along with a photo ID in original.
Read Preparation Tips for IAS Exam
Detials on Admit Card
Details Mentioned on IAS Admit Card 2020
IAS Admit Card specifies all important information about the candidate and the exam they are appearing for. They must verify all the particulars and ensure that every detail mentioned on IAS Admit Card is accurate and true. Information on admit card of IAS is given below:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s roll number
- Candidate’s date of birth
- Name of the candidate’s father
- Photograph of the candidate
- Date and timing of the exam
- The venue of the test center
- General Instructions for exam
Check IAS 2020 Syllabus
Discrepancy in UPSC Civil Services Admit Card 2020
In case there is any discrepancy in the details mentioned on IAS Admit Card, a candidate should immediately contact the concerned authorities for its remedy. If you do not alert the authorities before the examination, you might have to face problem on the exam day.
You can contact the concerned authorities in the following cases:
- If your name is misspelled in IAS Admit Card
- If your PwD/ DA status is incorrect in IAS hall ticket
- If a different test city is allotted rather than the one filled during IAS Registration.
- If your photograph is not visible on admit card
- If you are unable to download admit card despite successful registration
In all these cases, you must immediately contact UPSC, the exam conducting authority. You can contact the helpdesk from Monday to Saturday between 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The facilitation counter is located at the commission’s office or contact over the phone through the numbers that have been listed below:
- 011- 23385271
Check IAS 2020 Exam Pattern
Documents Required at IAS Exam Center 2020
- A candidate is required to bring an original and Xerox copy of a valid photo Id proof along with UPSC Civil Services (Main) Admit Card.
- Candidates applying under reserved categories are also advised to carry the original copy of their Caste/Disability certificate on the day of the exam.
- Those who have changed their names with due procedure should also carry their respective document along with their IAS Admit Card.
Candidates appearing for IAS 2020 should carry any one of the following documents as their photo identity proof to IAS Exam Center:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar UID
- Driving License
Items Barred at IAS Exam Center
- Any electronic material such as a watch, microphone, Bluetooth, earphone, mobile, health band, calculator, pager and pieces/bits of paper, pencil box, etc. is not allowed inside the exam hall.
- It is recommended to wear open footwear not closed shoes.
- Candidates are also advised not to put mehendi or any cosmetic color on their hands as it may cause an error while doing digital fingerprint scan recording on the exam day.
- They cannot sit for the exam unless they clear the fingerprint scanning.
Exam Day Instructions
IAS 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Candidates though know about the basic instructions and disciplinary rules followed during the exam and at IAS Exam Center. The candidates can go through some specific set of instructions related to IAS Exam 2020. Candidates must keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Candidate must remember to carry UPSC Civil Services (Main) Admit Card in each session of the IAS Exam.
- IAS Admit Card must be preserved till the IAS Recruitment is over.
- Candidate must reach IAS Test Center well before the specified time to avoid any trouble.
- If an orthopedically or visually impaired candidate has opted for a scribe, they will need to produce a separate IAS Admit card for the scribe as well.
- The candidate must not possess mobile phones, electronic gadgets, digital watches, calculators, and any other such devices, while inside the IAS exam hall.
- Use of unfair means inside the examination hall is strictly prohibited.