IES Admit Cards 2020 for prelims exam have been issued by UPSC on December 11, 2019 at its official portal – upsc.gov.in. Candidates can download the admit card by logging in with their IES 2020 Registration Number or Roll number and Date of Birth.
- It is mandatory to carry IES Hall Ticket to the exam hall, without which candidates will not be allowed to enter the hall.
- Candidates also have to carry an original Photo ID proof and its copy with the admit card.
- IES Admit Card will contain candidate’s details and exam related details such as date, time, and IES Exam Center.
- In case of any discrepancy found in the hall ticket, candidates may contact UPSC facilitation centre.
Direct Link to Download IES 2020 Admit Card
IES Admit Card Highlights
The key points about IES Admit Card 2020 are highlighted below:
|IES Admit Card Issuing body
||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
|Mode of availability
|ESE Admit Card can be downloaded from
|IES Hall Ticket can be accessed using
||Registration ID, Roll Number, and Date of birth
|Details on IES/ ESE Admit Card
||Candidate’s name, Application number, test center, date & time, category, photo and signature
|Documents to carry along with Admit Card
Original Photo ID proof
|UPSC Helpline Number
||011-23381125 | 011-23385271
Download IES 2020 Sample Papers
IES Admit Card 2020 Dates
Important dates regarding the release of admit card for IES 2020 are tabulated below:
|Last day to Submit IES Application Form 2020
||October 15, 2019
|Issue of IES Admit Card 2020 for Prelims exam
||December 11, 2019 (Released)
|IES 2020 Prelims exam date
||January 5, 2020
|Issue of IES Admit Card 2020 for the Main exam
|IES 2020 Main exam date
||June 28, 2020
|Issue of IES Admit Card 2020 for Interview Round
|IES 2020 Interview Round date
Check IES Cutoff
How to Download IES Admit Card 2020?
UPSC releases IES Admit Card separately for all the three stages- Prelims, Main exam and Interview round. IES Admit Card 2020 for Preliminary examination is now available for download at the official website. Candidates have to follow the given steps in order to download their IES Admit Card:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UPSC – upsc.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on the ‘Examinations’ tab.
Step 3: In the examinations section, click on e-admit cards.
Step 4: There will be a link for the ‘UPSC Engineering IES 2020 Admit Card’.
Step 5: Click on IES 2020 Admit Card.
Step 6: Read the Instructions and click “Yes”.
Step 7: Enter IES Registration number/ Roll Number, Date of birth, and Captcha in the provided field.
Step 8: Click on the “Submit” button.
Step 9: IES Examination Admit Card 2020 will appear on the screen.
Step 10: Download and take a printout of the admit card and carry it with you on exam day.
For more details, check IES Eligibility Criteria
Details on IES/ ESE Admit Card 2020
UPSC IES Admit Card specifies important information about the candidate and the exam he is appearing for. One must remember to verify all the particulars and ensure that everything mentioned is accurate.
IES 2020 admit card will contain the following details:
- Personal details of the candidate (Name, father’s name, DOB, address, etc)
- Date and time of the examination
- Venue and complete address
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Registration number
- Roll number
- Email ID
- General instructions to be kept in mind while attempting the examination. Check IES Exam Pattern
Documents Required with IES Admit Card 2020
Candidates are supposed to carry an original photo ID proof with IES Admit Card to the exam center. Any one of the following documents will serve as photo identity proof:
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Any other government- issued photo Id proof
Discrepancy in IES Admit Card 2020
- Post downloading ESE Admit Card, candidates are advised to check all the mentioned details and verify them properly.
- In case, there is any discrepancy in the given information or if the admit card has not been displayed on the official website till one week prior to the exam, candidate must immediately contact UPSC in this regard.
- In case of non-receipt of UPSC IES Admit Card, the candidate can contact the Facilitation Counter located in the UPSC Office either in person or by phone.
- In case of discrepancy or errors in IES Admit Card, the candidate must get in touch with the appropriate authority, requesting to issue a new one. The request must contain the following particulars:
- Name and year of the examination
- Registration ID (RID)
- Roll Number (if received)
- Name of candidate (in full and in block letters)
- Postal Address as given in the application
- Failure to mention any of these details will result in ignorance/non-consideration of the candidate’s request. Hence, applicants must be vigilant about this issue.
- The authorities can be reached at the following address:
E-mail: email@example.com (for technical problem)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (for applicant data problem)
Read IES Syllabus
IES Exam Centers 2020
- UPSC has notified 42 prelims exam centers and 24 main exam centers for IES 2020.
- Candidates can choose one exam center each for prelims and main exam during IES registration.
- UPSC tries to allocate the preferred exam centers to candidate, however, it reserves the right to allot center other than the one preferred by the candidate.
- The allotted IES Exam Centers will be mentioned on the admit card.
IES/ ESE Prelims Exam Centers 2020
IES/ ESE 2020 Main Exam Centers
IES Exam Day Instructions 2020
- Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
- Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
- Bring this e-Admit Card in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall.
- You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card, the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
- Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates should note that any omission/mistake/discrepancy in encoding / filling in details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
- You will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- If you appear at a centre / sub-centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in your e-Admit Card, your answer scripts will not be evaluated and your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Read the "Special Instructions for candidates admitted to the examination" given in "Rules for the Examination" available in Examination Notice and "Poster" containing instructions displayed outside the Examination Hall.
- Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
- Mobile Phones, Calculators, IT Gadgets, and any other Communication device such as Bluetooth, etc. are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any Infringements of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations
- There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type Question Papers.
- Answers other than those made by Black Ball Point Pen would not be evaluated.
- Candidates are advised not to bring any valuables/costly items and bags to the Examination Halls, as safekeeping of the same can not be assured. The Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the e-admit card will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Adhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voter I Card, etc. and two passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.
- Orthopaedically /Visually Impaired candidates, who have opted for their own scribe, may note that their own scribe will be allowed for the exam only with a separate e-Admit Card for such scribe. The e-Admit Cards for the own scribes will be issued separately.
IES Exam Day Instructions in Hindi
IES 2020 Instructions for Scribe
- Visually Impaired candidates (Visually impairment 40% or more) and the candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy where (dominant writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) are entitled to a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour in both the sessions.
- Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will be allowed to avail the assistance of such Scribe, only if he/she carries a valid Scribe Admit Card duly issued by the Commission for such purpose.
- Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will not be allowed to change their Scribe subsequently.
- The scribe will read out the question to the candidate and on the candidate’s instruction, mark, and shade the appropriate circles on the objective type OMR sheet. The candidate will clearly indicate to the scribe as to which of the four responses in his/her estimation, is the correct response so that the scribe can mark the answer accordingly by blackening the appropriate circle with Black Ball Point Pen.
- The scribe will make no gestures, sounds, or any other response or communication designed to indicate to the candidate the correctness or otherwise of the answer being recorded by him/her. Any such attempt would entail disqualification of the candidate and stringent action against both the candidate and the scribe shall be taken.
- The peace in the examination hall or of the other candidates seated in the examination hall should not be disturbed while the scribe reads out the questions to the candidate or when the candidate indicates the correct response to the scribe for marking in the answer-sheet.
- Candidate and the scribe will sign a declaration that they are aware of/have read the Commission’s instructions regarding the conduct of the candidates and their scribe and they undertake to abide by these instructions.
- No TA/DA or any remuneration will be paid by the Commission either to the candidates or the scribes brought by them.
- Violation of any of the instructions shall entail cancellation of the candidature of the candidate in addition to any other appropriate action that may be taken by the Commission against the candidate/scribe. Both the candidate and the scribe shall be subject to the rules of examination and action will be taken against them for violation of the same as per rules of the examination.
IES 2020 Instructions for Scribe in Hindi