IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern is determined by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The clerical recruitment exam is conducted through two phases – Preliminary exam and Main exam. The exams are conducted in online mode and have multiple-choice questions. IBPS Clerk 2021 Preliminary exam will be held on December 7, 8, 14, and 15, 2021.
- IBPS Clerk Prelims exam consists of 100 MCQs on English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability. Check IBPS Clerk Syllabus
- IBPS Clerk Main exam will comprise 190 MCQs on General/ Financial Awareness, General English, Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude, and Quantitative Aptitude.
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Question Papers will be set in English and Hindi language except for the English test.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 of the allotted marks in the exam.
- There will be separate sectional timings and sectional Cutoffs as well for each test.
IBPS Clerk Highlights
IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
The key points about the paper pattern of the IBPS Clerk 2021 exam are highlighted below:
|IBPS Clerk Exam Phases
||Preliminary and Main exam
||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection
|Mode of Exam
|Medium of Exam
||English and Hindi
|Duration of Exam
||Preliminary- 1 hour,
Main exam- 2 hours 40 minutes
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern
Also, check the IBPS Exam Calendar for 2021-22
IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam Pattern
- IBPS Clerk 2021 will be a computer-based test and have multiple-choice questions.
- One question will have 5 answers as options, candidates have to choose the most appropriate one.
- Each section will have a specified time duration, candidates have to attempt each section in the specified duration only.
- IBPS Clerk 2021 is conducted in two phases: Preliminary & Main exam. IBPS basically tests the Aptitude, Problem Solving Skills, Analytical Skills, and Language Proficiency of the candidates.
- Candidates have to score overall as well as sectional cutoffs in order to clear the exam.
IBPS Clerk Prelims
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for Prelims Exam
IBPS Clerk 2021 Preliminary exam will have a total of 100 multiple choice questions of 100 marks with a time duration of 1 hour. Sectional distribution of a number of question, marks, and sectional timing are described below:
||No. of Questions
Note: Candidates have to qualify IBPS Clerk Prelims exam in order to appear for the Main exam.
IBPS Clerk Mains
IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern for Main Exam
IBPS Clerk 2021 Main exam will contain 190 Multiple choice questions of 200 marks with a time constraint of 160 minutes. The exam will have 4 sections with different weightage and duration as mentioned below:
||No. of Questions
|General/ Financial Awareness
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
IBPS Clerk Marking Scheme
IBPS Clerk 2021 Marking Scheme
- IBPS Clerk has a different marking scheme for prelims and main exams. However, a negative marking of 0.25 of the allotted marks is applicable in both the exams.
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Preliminary question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Each question will carry one mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- IBPS Clerk 2021 Main question paper will be of 200 marks.
- Each question from the General/ Financial Awareness, General English, and Quantitative Aptitude sections will carry 1 mark while an incorrect answer will cost you 0.25 marks.
- Each question from the Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude section will be of 1.20 marks and 0.30 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in this section.
- Candidates will have to clear the overall cutoff and sectional cutoff separately in both prelims and main exams.
Note: Only marks obtained in the Main exam will determine the merit list of candidates for final selection.
IBPS Clerk Instructions
IBPS Clerk 2021 Important Instructions
These are some important instructions laid down by IBPS that candidates have to follow on the exam day:
- Candidates have to carry their IBPS Clerk Admit Card along with an original photo ID proof and its photocopy.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination center/hall after the commencement of the examination.
- After the invigilator has verified IBPS Clerk 2021 Admit Card of the candidate, he must sign on the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator and mention the hall ticket number also.
- The candidate should follow the instructions given by the invigilators in the examination room
- Candidates should not indulge in any argument with the invigilators or other staff involved in the examination duty at the examination center.
- The candidate should neither talk to each other nor discuss any matter during the examination.
- The candidate should not disturb other candidates in the examination room and maintain complete silence during the examination.
- Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic device and study material at examination hall like (Mobile, Bluetooth, Pager, watch, test series, books, model papers, etc.)
- The decision of IBPS shall be final in all matters.
Also read- IBPS Clerk application process 2021
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.