Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission each year announce the notification for the Tamil Nadu PSC Exam aimed at selecting eligible candidates for several posts in Class 1, class2, class3. The candidates who have obtained a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute are eligible to apply.
GET FREE TNPSC 2021 Mock Tests, Sectional Quiz, Previous Years Papers. Click Here
The applicants appearing for TNPSC exam have to visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) to initiate the application process. The applicants should provide basic information like their name, home address, contact details, contact number, e-mail address, etc. while filling the application form. For future use, it is advisable to take a hard copy of the TNPSC Recruitment application form and keep it handy.
- TNPSC OTR Fees has been increased from INR 50 to INR 150.
- It will be valid for 5 years from the date of enrolment.
- The matriculation must be renewed by paying the recommended fee.
TNPSC Important Dates
TNPSC Group 1 Exam 2021 Important Dates
|Application releases on
||January 3rd week, 2021
|Last date to apply
||February 3rd week, 2021
||March 2nd week, 2021
||April 1st week, 2021
|Results – prelims
|Main exam date
|Results – Mains
TNPSC One Time Registration
The candidates who want to give the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission recruitment exam have to create the login ID by doing a one-time registration. The OTR system will not be considered as an application form for any TNPSC recruitment examination, rather the candidates have to apply separately for each recruitment based on their qualification using Login Id and password.
Important points to remember
- The basic monthly salary of TNPSC group 1 officer begins at INR 56100 (TA, DA, and HRA will be extra) and the candidates can get up to INR 177500 for a cabinet secretary.
- The minimum and maximum age limit to apply for this exam are 21 to 32 years.
- 5 years age relaxation is granted to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/BC/MBC category.
- Since this is one of the toughest exams, candidates can take more online mock tests to boost their performance.
- The TNPSC Group 1 exam fee is INR 100 while the registration fee for general category aspirants is worth INR 150.
- To qualify the TNPSC Group 1 Prelims Exam, the aspirants should get a minimum of 90.
TNPSC Application Process
Steps to fill up the TNPSC Application Form
To fill up and submit the TNPSC Application Form for different recruitments, the candidates are suggested to adhere to the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, log in at the official website, tnpsc.gov.in.
- Now candidates need to complete the one-time registration by filling the Login and personal details and submit.
- Candidates must upload all other important details like community details, SSLC details, and address, contact information, etc.
- Once all these details are submitted, candidates need to upload the photograph and signature in the described format.
- In the next step, the candidates have to pay their application fees. The fee is varies based on their category.
- After paying the application fees, candidates have to submit the completed application form and take a print of the form.
TNPSC Application Form Important Credentials
While applying for different TNPSC recruitments, the candidates need to mention personal, academic, and other details in the TNPSC application form.
- Login Id
- Email id
- Name of the applicant’s
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Applicant’s place of birth
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Father’s place of birth
- Certificate number
- Education board
- SSLC registration number
- Month/year of passing
- Full address
Photograph and Signature Specifications
Photograph and Signature Specifications varies from one recruitment to another, all the candidates need to refer to the set standards mentioned at the official website.
- For photograph- 5 x 4.centimeter
- For signature- 6 x 3 centimeter
- Size- 20 KB - 50 KB
- Format: jpg/jpeg
TNPSC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria required while applying for Tamil TNPSC exam include:
- Only Indian citizens are allowed to apply.
- Candidates must have obtained a graduation degree or any other equivalent three years’ degree from a recognized institute.
- Students in the final year are also allowed to apply for these posts.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years for Tamil Nadu Civil Services Exam 2021
- The maximum age limit for the candidate to give the exam is 32 years.
- While the maximum age limit for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/MBC category candidates is 37 years.
- PWD category candidates get 10 years age relaxation.
- Candidates applying for Deputy Superintendent of Police and District Officer jobs must meet additional physical qualifications.
- Candidate must be an expert in the Tamil language.
TNPSC Admit Card
TNPSC Admit Card
The admit card for the TNPSC recruitments is issued separately by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Candidates are asked to open the official site in order to download the admit card which must be carried to the examination hall. Candidates will not get their admit card via post or in any other way.
TNPSC Selection Process
TNPSC Selection Process
- 1st Stage: The marks obtained in the first stage of the exam will be considered and required for qualifying and appearing to the second round of the test.
- 2nd Stage: The aspirants have to answer 3 papers in the second round test and the shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview round.
- 3rd Stage: The interview that is the third stage of the exam will be held only for the qualifying students of second stage mains exam. The merit list will be prepared based on teh total score of mains and interview round.
TNPSC is a department of Tamil Nadu government which is responsible to take care of the recruitment of the students into the state's public service. The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission takes charge of all the duties and responsibilities mentioned in Article 320 of the Constitution of India. TNPSC advises state government on all matters concerning to framing of recruitment rules, principles to be followed while appointing candidates for different roles.