SSC JHT Eligibility Criteria 2021: Check Age, Educational Qualification and Nationality
The SSC JHT Exam 2021 will be conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. The aspirants must know the SSC JHT Eligibility criteria before they appear for the exam. The SSC JHT eligibility 2021 is depending upon certain set of guidelines, these are age limit, nationality and educational qualification.
SSC JHT Exam is held to complete the recruitment process of SSC Junior Hindi Translator (JHT), Senior Hindi Translator and Hindi Pradhyapak for several Departments, Ministries/ Organisations under the Government of India.
SSC JHT Nationality
SSC JHT Eligibility Criteria 2021: Nationality
The aspirants should be either:
- Indian Citizen, or
- Subject of Nepal, or
- Subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee, who came to India before 1 January, 1962, and have intention to permanently settle in India, or
- The Indians, who have migrated from Burma, East African countries (Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Zanzibar, Malawi, Zaire, Zambia, Vietnam), Sri Lanka, Pakistan and have intention to permanently settle in India.
If the aspirants will have come from the above mentioned countries, should have an eligibility certificate, issued by the Indian Government.
SSC JHT Age Limit
SSC JHT Eligibility Criteria 2021: Age Limit
The age limit should be between 18 years to 30 years as on 1 January 2021. The aspirants should not be born before 1 January 1991 and not later than 1 January 2003, if they are willing to apply for the SSC JHT exam 2021.
||SSC JHT Age Relaxation
|PwD + OBC
|PwD + SC/ ST
|Jammu & Kashmir Migrants
SSC JHT Education
SSC JHT Eligibility Criteria 2021: Educational Qualification
The post-wise educational qualification is evaluated as on 1 January 2021. The post wise education qualification is analysed in the following:
For postcodes A to D
- The candidates should complete their Master’s degree in Hindi with English as a compulsory subject or as the examination medium at the degree level. or
- The aspirants should complete Master’s degree in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the examination medium. Or
- The applicants should complete Master’s degree in any subject other than Hindi or English, with English medium and Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level. Or
- The applicants should complete Master’s degree in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at the degree level. Or
- Recognized Diploma or Certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and vice versa.
- The aspirants should have two years’ experience as a translator from Hindi to English and vice versa in State Government or Central Government Office, including the Government of India undertaking.
For postcodes E (Senior Hindi Translator in several Central Government Ministries/ Offices/ Departments)
The eligibility criteria of this post is similar to post A to D except the years of experience. If the aspirants want to apply for the post, the candidates should complete their recognized diploma or certificate course in translation from Hindi to English and Vice Versa, or
The aspirants should have three years of experience in translation work from Hindi to English and Vice Versa in State or Central Government Office, including the Government of Indian Undertaking.
SSC JHT Guidelines for Scribe
- If the aspirants have benchmark disabilities in the category of kindness and locomotor disability (both arms affected BA) and cerebral palsy, then the aspirants will be provided a scribe.
- If the candidates have physical limitations to write, then scribe is necessary to write the exam on their behalf.
- The aspirants will have the choice of selecting their own scribe or the exam conducting authority will provide Scribe to the candidates. When the aspirants fill their SSC JHT application form, they need to provide the choice in this regard.
- When the candidates will choose their scribe, they should select their scribe one step lower the qualification of the aspirants. In addition, the scribe cannot be an application for this SSC JHT exam.
- The disabled candidates who will choose their scribe on their own, they need to submit the details of their scribe to the Commission before appearing for the exam.
- In addition, the aspirants have to submit the photocopy of the ID proof of the scribe and need to be signed by the aspirants and scribe. If the candidates will forget to mention the qualification of the scribe, then the candidature of the applicants will be rejected.
- The candidates, who will bring their scribe, will get a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour of the examination.
- No attendant other than the scribe will get permission to enter into the examination hall.
- One-eyed aspirants and partially blind applicants, who are capable of reading the Question paper set with or without magnifying glass and will like to write the answers with the help of magnifying glass, will be allowed to use it in the examination hall. In this case, the candidates will be capable of bringing their own magnifying glass to the SSC JHT Examination hall.
- The PWD candidates should bring the relevant documents of availing the facility of Scribes/ Passage Reader during the time of Document Verification.
SSC JHT FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques. What is the minimum and maximum age limit for applying for the SSC JHT exam?
Ans. Minimum age: 18 Years
Maximum age: 30 Years
Ques. What is the educational qualification required to be eligible for SSC JHT recruitment?
Ans. To apply for the SSC JHT exam, the aspirants should qualify post-graduation.
Ques. How can I apply for the SSC JHT recruitment?
Ans. The aspirants can apply through online mode for the SSC JHT Recruitment.
Ques. Is there any limit of attempting for the SSC JHT Recruitment?
Ans. No, there is no limit of attempting the SSC JHT exam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.