The SSC CPO 2021 Exam is a golden opportunity for everyone who wishes to join Police (Delhi) and paramilitary forces (CRPF, BSF, CISF, ITBP, and SSB) as Sub-Inspectors and ASI (Executive) in CISF. Hence, the aspirant must know the eligibility criteria before they start applying for their dream job. SSC CPO has multiple levels in their eligibility criteria which includes Age, Educational qualification as well as physical and medical standards.
All conditions are specially designed to choose deserving candidates who fit both physically and intellectually.
Check SSC CPO 2021 Application Process
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has already published a notice regarding the eligibility criteria for all kinds of candidates. The aspirants must satisfy the multi-level eligibility criteria which include conditions on age, educational qualification and nationality. Both female and male candidates should check the eligibility criteria before applying for SSC CPO 2021.
SSC CPO Eligibility - Nationality
- A citizen of India,
- A subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary will be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.
Note: a candidate belonging to 2nd category above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
SSC CPO Eligibility - Age Limit and Relaxation
- The age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on January 01, 2021i.e. Candidates should not be born before January 02, 1996, and not later than January 01, 2001.
- There is certain age relaxation depending on the category of candidates. Here are the details of the age relaxations:
||3 years (after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date)
|For the posts of SI and ASI in CAPFs only
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989
|For Group ‘C’ Posts only
|Female Candidates ( Widows, divorced, women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married)
|SC / ST Female Candidates ( Widows, divorced, women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not re-married)
|For Departmental candidates of Delhi Police against vacancies in Delhi Police only
|Departmental candidates (Unreserved) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.
|Departmental candidates (OBC) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.
|Departmental candidates (SC/ ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years of regular and continuous service as on closing date.
- The date of birth should be documented in the Matriculation/ Secondary Examination Certificate and provided in the application form accordingly.
- The period of "Call up Service" of an ex-serviceman in the Armed Forces shall also be treated as service rendered in the Armed Forces for purpose of age relaxation as per rules
SSC CPO Eligibility - Educational Qualification
- Candidates must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or equivalent.
- Candidates who have pursued their degrees/diplomas through open and distance learning mode of education can apply for the exam.
Note: Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification as on 1st January 2021 will not be eligible and need not apply.
SSC CPO Eligibility - Additional Qualification
- For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only, Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests.
- The candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
SSC CPO 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Physical and Medical Test
SSC CPO 2021 Eligibility - Physical Standard Test(PST):
This test is common and mandatory for every candidate who will qualify the Paper-I exam. Such qualified candidates will be called for PST to check their eligibility as per the table mentioned below:
|Male candidates belonging to Hill areas of Kumaon, Garhwal, Himachal Pradesh, Dogras, Gorkhas, Marathas, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, Kashmir Valley, North-Eastern States and Sikkim
|Female candidates belonging to Hill areas of Kumaon, Garhwal, Himachal Pradesh, Dogras, Gorkhas, Marathas, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, Kashmir Valley, North-Eastern States and Sikkim
- There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for female candidates.
- Ex-Servicemen applying for the posts are not required to undergo PET.
- Weight standards for the candidates would be corresponding to the height standards for all posts.
- Height and Chest standards relaxation are applicable for only those who would be producing a certificate in Proforma as prescribed in Annexure VIII from the competent authorities of the candidate’s home district.
- Candidates failing to meet the standards of PET can appeal to the highest appellate authority on the PST/PET ground. The Appellate authority’s decision would be final, and no further appeals will be entertained.
SSC CPO Eligibility - Physical Endurance Test (PET)
The PET of SSC CPO contains such tasks which candidates should accomplish to qualify for the next stage. Here are the details of PET:
For male candidates only:
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 km race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs.): 4.5 metres in 3 chances
For female candidates only:
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres in 3 chances.
- High Jump: 0.9 metres in 3 chances.
SSC CPO Eligibility - Medical Examination
All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade-I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary. Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the
prescribed time limit of 15 days. The decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
- Eye Test: Without wearing glasses, the minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 and near vision should be N6 and N9 of two eyes without correction. It will be a complete eye check-up and will include tests like Near sight vision, FarSight Vision and Irish Check. Candidates cannot use lenses on the day of the exam as the officials will check for them by rubbing the eyes. The candidate should possess high colour vision and must not have squint in eyes.
- Lasik Surgery: Candidates undergone Lasik surgery are disqualified in medical exam. However, a doctor cannot determine if a candidate has undergone a Lasik surgery unless he or she admits to it. It can only be identified by a machine test and doctors conducting SSC CPO medical tests are not allowed to do it. So, answer accordingly.
- Colour Blindness Test: Candidates would be asked to read numbers in a colour dotted Book to check for colour blindness.
- Flat Foot and Knock Knee Check: Knock Knee test is done to determine whether a candidate’s Knees touch each other when standing at 90-degree angle. If they do, then the candidate is disqualified. In the Flat Foot test, the shape of a candidate’s foot is checked. It should be having a curve shape. If the foot is flat instead of curved, the candidate is disqualified.
- Urine Sample Collection – It is like a routine check-up.
- Sharp sensibility Checkup Test of Nose-Ear-Mouth and Teeth.
- Blood Test: This is to check haemoglobin, STD, any other such diseases and CBC Report.
- Physical Body Check: Candidate’s B.P, balanced weight and height, BMI calculation and the whole body is examined under this test.
- X-Ray of Chest: This test is not done for female candidates as they do not have any chest criteria.
- Hand Movement Test: Candidates are required to have efficient movement of hands and perfect hand carrying angles.
Apart from the above tests in SSC CPO Medical Test, the following are small tests which are also done during the SSC CPO Medical Test:
- Ear Check:(must remember to clean your ears using buds before the medical test)
- Teeth: Your teeth must be proper and countable.
- Varicose Veins: These veins are found from feet to stomach. These are responsible for Varicocele.
- Arms: Arms should be properly movable.
- Hydrocele and also piles problem should not be there.
- Backbone: Your backbone should be in proper and straighten up the order.
Ques. Will Bachelor’s Degree from IGNOU be accepted as an eligible degree?
Ans. Yes, B. Tech. degree/ diploma in Engineering awarded by IGNOU shall be treated as valid.
Ques. Can a final year student be eligible for SSC CPO 2021?
Ans. Yes, Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/ University in support thereof as on 01-01-2021 will also be eligible.
Ques. Is the Sub-Inspector job suitable for Females?
Ans. The applicant must ensure that she satisfies the eligibility criteria as per the SSC official declaration. In the selection process of SSC CPO, candidates will be minutely checked and if it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled by the Commission. Therefore, candidates are sincerely advised to look thoroughly at the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, before applying for SSC CPO.
Ques. What is the meaning of the term “ Ex-serviceman”?
Ans. An Ex-serviceman means a person:
- Who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union,
- Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement, otherwise than at his own request, or by way of dismissal, or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity, and includes personnel of the Territorial Army, pension holders for continuous embodies service or broken spells of qualifying service
- Personnel of the Army Postal Service who are part of Regular Army and retired from the Army Postal Service without reversion to their parent service with the pension, or are released from the Army Postal service on medical grounds attributable to or aggravated by military service or circumstance beyond their control and awarded medical or other disability pensions.
- Personnel, who were on deputation in Army Postal Service for more than six months prior to the 14th April 1987
- Gallantry award winners of the Armed forces including personnel of Territorial Army
- Ex-recruits boarded out or relieved on medical ground and granted medical disability pension.
Ques. What marks are required in the Bachelor’s degree to be eligible for SSC CPO?
Ans. SSC has not specified any particular grade or marks. The graduation degree or any equivalent degree is enough to apply.