SSC CHSL 2021 Preparation Tips
SSC CHSL Exams are one of the most competitive exams in India due to the high number of applicants. Hence, it becomes necessary for candidates to prepare a strategy to crack this Exam.
For that, the first step is to understand the syllabus of SSC CHSL. Exam Pattern is equally important to understand. Understanding these two can help the candidates in preparing for the exam in a comparatively easier way.
SSC CHSL consists of three levels known as tiers.
- Tier-I - Computer-based online Test (MCQ-type)
- Tier-II - Pen and Paper Test
- Tier-III - Typing Test
SSC CHSL: Tier-I Preparation Tips
In order to qualify, you have to get the minimum cut-off marks in tier-1 and tier-2. Following are some important tips for the preparation of this exam.
- Read and practice at least one comprehension per day as it is a vital part of the English section.
- For the cloze test, try and understand the logic behind the passage and what the most suitable phrase for the blank seems. If you fill one blank correctly, you can find the answers for the rest easily.
- Read the entire passage once. After that, practice reading the question first and then looking up the passage for the answer- it will be quicker.
- For synonyms and antonyms, practice new sets of words every day by referring to the dictionary or making note of words you hear or read around you.
General intelligence and reasoning
- Keep practicing the puzzles and number games to get habituated with such questions.
- Pick specific topics at a time and solve them till you are fluent in understanding these specific types of problems.
- Practice the patterns you find in previous years questions as they are often repeated.
- Memorize all the formulas relevant to your syllabus.
- Practice mental calculation and avoid using calculators.
- Questions are of usually similar nature each year. Hence, analyzing them can be a good option.
General awareness and knowledge
- Read the newspapers daily to stay updated about current affairs.
- Subscribe to current affairs magazines like Manorama.
- Watch the national news channels as well.
- Specifically take note of topics related to Business, Politics, and Economics.
Read More about the SSC CHSL Application Process: Click Here
CHSL Tier II
SSC CHSL: Tier-II Preparation Tips
- It is a descriptive type test where candidates are supposed to write their answers in the answer sheet provided. Hence, Candidates are advised to keep practising answer writing at home.
- For static topics, candidates are advised to refer to the standard books and answer the question provided.
- For the dynamic part, candidates should keep reading the newspaper and form questions from the articles, and try to answer them.
- They will be in the lines of National Interest, Finance & Economy, Ecological Issues, Social Issues, Politics, Schemes, and Governance, etc.
CHSL Tier III
SSC CHSL: Tier-III Preparation Tips
- This exam is of just qualifying nature. It is there just to test the basic computing skills of the candidates.
- Hence candidates are advised to keep working on their typing speed. The required speed are:-
- Data Entry Operators (DEO) - 8000 Key Depressions per hour on the computer.
- PA and Court Clerks Candidates - English medium typing speed of 35 words per minute. (Only for those opting English Medium)
- PA and Court Clerks Candidates - Hindi medium typing speed of 30 words per minute. (Only for those opting Hindi Medium)
Salary Structure of SSC CHSL: Click Here
SSC CHSL: Reference Books
SSC CHSL 2021 will primarily entail questions of 10+2 standard syllabus set by CBSE. However, for better preparation here are some Recommended Books for SSC CHSL 2021.
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning
||R S Aggarwal
||M K Pandey
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations
||Tata McGraw Hill
|Quick learning Objective General English
||RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
|Mathematics from Grade 6 to 11
|Objective General English
|Manorama Yearbook 2020 (English and Hindi)
For practice papers of SSC CHSL: Click Here
Ques. Is it necessary to go through the recommended books in the above list?
Ans. No. it is not necessary as the exam will be of Class XII Level. But since the competition is tough, these books are suggested to give you an extra advantage.
Ques. Is it possible to clear SSC CHSL having a job already in hand?
Ans. Yes. Candidates can clear this exam even with a job. All you need is to focus on the exam and be confident about your preparation. You must follow the exam pattern and be ready for that.
Ques. What if I am not able to clear Tier-III of SSC CHSL?
Ans. Tier-III is qualifying in nature. Hence, it can be said to be the easiest amongst them all. However, if you are not able to clear it, you’ll not be recruited for the post.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.