SBI CBO Recruitment 2021: Eligibility, Application, Exam Pattern, Exam Centre, Admit Card & Result
The State Bank of India had published the CBO recruitment 2021 notification for 3850 vacancies. SBI has recently announced the date of the exam, which will be held on 28 November 2020. SBI has released exam patterns and dates for Circle Based Officers. Candidates who have applied for the post need to submit their choice of the test center.
- January 12, 2021: SBI Apprenticeship exam for 2021 is likely to be conducted in January. Read more
Highlights of the Exam
||State bank of India
|Name of the Exam
||SBI circle Based Officer
|Name of Post
||Circle Based Officer (CBO)
||November 28, 2021
||Online Test & Interview
|Mode of Application
Important Dates of SBI CBO 2021
The SBI CBO 2021 notification has not been published yet. The last update was the commencement of SBI CBO 2020 exam on November 28, 2020.
|Date of commencement of online registration
||to be notified
|Date of closure of registration
||to be notified
|The last date to edit the application
||to be notified
||to be notified
SBI CBO Eligibility Criteria
- Essential Academic Qualifications:
- The aspirants have to complete their graduation from any authorized University or other similar qualification accepted by the Central Government as such.
- The percentage obtained in graduation measured at the nearest two decimal places in the online application should be indicated by the applicant. If CGPA is awarded, the same percentage should be translated and indicated in the online application. If an interview is required, the applicant may have to produce a certificate issued by the relevant authority specifying, inter alia, the university requirements relating to the conversion of the grade into a percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in relation to those standards.
- The percentage of marks is calculated by dividing the cumulative marks obtained by the applicant in all the subjects in all the years by the overall maximum marks obtained in all the subjects. The percentage fraction thus arrived is overlooked, i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
- Age Limit: Not above 30 years as on 01/08/2020. Applicants must be born no earlier than 02/08/1990.
- Experience: The applicants should have at least 2 years experience in any of the Regional Rural Bank or in the Scheduled Commercial bank.
- Local Language: Applicants applying for vacancies in a State must produce a 10th or 12th standard mark sheet, indicating that they have learned as one of the subjects the particular local language of the State in question.
- Aspirants with a record of default in repayment of loans/ credit card dues and/ or against whose name adverse reports of CIBIL or other external agencies are available are not eligible for appointment.
- Candidates against whom there is/ are adverse report regarding character & antecedents, moral turpitude is not eligible to apply for the post.
SBI CBO Application Process
Eligible candidates should register their names online through the official website https://www.sbi.co.in/careers. You can pay the registration fee online mode by debit card/ Internet banking etc. after the successful registration.
List of the documents which is required to submit the application form.
- Recent Photograph
- ID Proof (PDF)
- Proof of Date of Birth (PDF)
- Brief Resume – detailing educational/ professional qualification, experience and assignments handled
- Educational Certificates: Relevant Marksheets/ Degree/ Certificate (PDF)
- Professional Qualification Certificate (e.g. MBA, CA, CFA, ICWA, etc.), if any.
- JAIIB/ CAIIB certificate (if any)
- Experience certificates (PDF)
- Form-16/ Salary Slip (PDF)
- Proof of having learned as one of the subjects the stated local language of the applied State 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/certificate.
- Candidates are required to have a scanned copy of their documents. The photo and signature of the candidate should be clear. No blurred photo or signature will be accepted.
- First, scan the image and the signature as detailed in the scanning instructions. Then visit https://www.sbi.co.in/careers and open the Online Application Form, available under 'Current Openings’.
- The data will be accessed by candidates before the application is entirely completed. The data already entered will be saved in the event that applicants are unable to fill out the data in one go.
- The software will generate and display a provisional identification number and password on the monitor when the data is saved. The applicants should accept the identification number and the password.
- Using the registration number and password, the stored data will be reopened and the details edited if necessary. No updating /edit is enabled afterward. Registration is provisional at this stage.
- Applicants after verifying the details of the application form, pay fees through the payment gateway provided with the paper, following the instructions available on the computer.
- Once the transaction is completed successfully, an e-receipt and application form will be produced, which can be printed for record. DO NOT submit the printout of the application form to the bank.
- Please register again and do the payment if the online transaction is not successfully completed.
- The e-Receipt and registration form containing fee information may also be reprinted by applicants at a later stage.
CBO Exam Pattern
SBI CBO Pattern & syllabus
Pattern and the syllabus of the exam is as follows-
|Name of the Test
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness/ KYCAML/ Preventive Vigilance/ Legal Issues
|Data Analysis & Interpretation
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
||2 hrs. 30 minutes
There will be a negative marking for wrong answers. For each wrong answer given by the candidate, 1/4 marks will get deducted. If the candidate does not answer the question there will be no negative marking for that.
SBI CBO Test Center
The details about the test centers are yet to be released for SBI CBO 2021. Candidates have to choose three test centers while registering for the exam. The option is available on the 'Career' website of SBI and will remain active till the admit card is released. Please notice that the SBI retains the right to select any center other than the candidate's option of the center. Admission to the online exam would be strictly provisional without the applicant's document/eligibility being confirmed.
SBI CBO Selection process
- The shortlisting and interview will be the basis of the selection. The Bank, however, reserves the right to carry out written examinations. The simple fulfillment of minimum credentials and experience does not grant the candidate any right to be called for an interview.
- The shortlisting criteria will be determined by the Shortlisting Committee formed by the Bank and thereafter, an appropriate number of applicants, as decided by the Bank, will be shortlisted and called for an interview. The decision of the bank to call the applicants for an interview is absolute. No correspondence in this respect will be entertained.
- On the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the online exam, the state-wise & category wise merit list will be drawn. No sectional cut-off will be made and wise sectional marks will not be retained.
- The Interview from the top of the State wise & Category wise merit list will be required for applicants counting up to 3 times (approximately) of the State wise & Category wise vacancies according to a candidate scoring the necessary aggregate qualifying score.
- Subject to a candidate scoring the required qualification points in the interview, the State-wise & Category wise merit list will be drawn on the basis of the interview score (out of 100). Based on the interview ranking, selection for each state & category will be made from the top of the above merit list.
- In order to be considered for final placement, the applicant is expected to score the minimum qualifying mark in the interview, out of 100. Candidates who apply for an interview under the form 'OBC' should request an OBC certificate containing the clause Non-Creamy Sheet.'
- Documents that need to be submitted at the time of interview.
- Identification card – Aadhar/PAN/ Voter Id card with duly attested Photograph/ Identity Card issued by School or College Officer in the official letterhead in original as well as a self-attested Photocopy thereof
- Interview call letter
- There will be a Biometric verification of the candidates who will be called for an interview. Bank will capture photo and thumb impressions for the biometric verification.
- If the documents submitted by the candidate found false or fabricated. Action will be taken against this kind of candidates
CBO Admit Card
SBI CBO Admit Card
By entering their registration number and password/date of birth, the applicants who are called for an online test will have to download their admit from the bank's website. There won't be a physical copy of the call letter delivered by post.
Steps to download the Admit Card.
- Visit official website https://www.sbi.co.in
- On the job, opening the portal enter your registration number and Password.
- Click on download to get the Admit card.
Admit Cards will be available soon.
SBI CBO Result
How to check the result?
- Visit official website https://www.sbi.co.in
- On the menu bar go to join SBI.
- Click on the current openings. You will be redirected to the openings page.
- There will be all the openings and their results.
- To check the result click on the SBI CBO result.
Ques. When is the exam for SBI CBO 2020 Scheduled?
Ans. The online exam is scheduled on 28th November 2020
Ques. How many vacancies SBI released for the post of Circle Based Officer?
Ans. There are a total of 3850 vacancies.
Ques. What will be the mode of the SBI CBO Exam 2020?
Ans. The mode of examination for SBI Circle Based Officer Recruitment 2020 will be online.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for SBI Circle Based Officer (CBO) 2020 exam?
Ans. An applicant who has a degree or equivalent from any recognized institution and has at least 2 years of experience as an officer with any Scheduled Commercial Bank or Provincial Rural Bank.
Ques. What is the last date to apply online for the SBI CBO 2020 exam?
Ans. The last date to apply online for SBI Circle Based Officers (CBO) is 16th August 2020.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.