RBI Grade B Application Form will available from September 21, 2020. Candidates can fill the application form in online mode only at the official website – rbi.gov.in. The last day to register for the RBI Grade B exam is October 11, 2020.
Practice Sectional Tests-Phase I for free before RBI Grade B 2020 Exam
Direct Link to RBI Grade B Application Form 2020
- Candidates must check RBI Grade B eligibility criteria, mentioned below in the article, before applying for the exam.
- Candidates have to register online, fill the form, upload scanned documents, and pay registration fees.
- RBI Grade B Registration fees are INR 850 for general/ OBC/ EWS category and INR 100 for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates.
- Successfully registered candidates will be issued RBI Grade B Admit Card for the Examination.
RBI Grade B 2020 Registration Highlights
Important points about RBI Grade B 2020 Application are given below:
||Reserve Bank of India
||National Level Recruitment Exam
||Grade B officer: General/ DEPR/ DSIM
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Fee Payment
||General/ OBC/ EWS: INR 850, SC/ ST/ PwD: INR 100
Download RBI Grade B 2020 Official Notification
RBI Grade B 2020 Registration Dates
RBI has announced exam schedule along with registration dates and deadlines:
|Release of RBI Grade B 2020 Notification
||September 20, 2020
|RBI Grade B 2020 Registration Began on
||September 21, 2020
|Last day to submit RBI Grade B Application Form
||October 11, 2020
|RBI Grade B Preliminary exam date
||November 9, 2020
|RBI Grade B Main exam date
||December 1- 2, 2020
Check RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B 2020 Eligibility Criteria
RBI has prescribed eligibility criteria for candidates to be eligible to apply for the Grade B examination. These conditions are pertaining to nationality, age limit, educational qualification and number of attempts.
RBI Grade B Nationality
- Citizen of India OR
- Subject of Nepal OR
- Subject of Bhutan OR
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India OR
- Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
RBI Grade B Age Limit
- Minimum age limit: 21 years (he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd September 1989)
- Maximum age limit for General: 30 years (he/she must have been born not later than 1st September 1998)
- Maximum age limit for M.Phil. qualification: 32 years
- Maximum age limit for Ph.D. qualification: 34 years
Check Current Affairs 2020 before appearing for the exam
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit as per their category is given in the table below:
|PwD (SC/ ST)
||To the extent of service provided by them to Armed Forces+ 3 years additional (Up to 50 Years)
|Divorced women/ Widows/ Women judicially separated and not re-married
|Jammu and Kashmir residents in the period January 1, 1980, to December 31, 1989
|Candidates, holding working experience of RBI
||Years of Experience (Maximum 3 years)
RBI Grade B Educational Qualification Requirements
The educational qualifications for various posts as prescribed by the Board for RBI Grade B Examination 2020 are tabulated below:
||Minimum Educational Qualifications
Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - (General)
At least 60% marks in aggregate for all semester/ years (50% for SC/ ST/ PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations from recognized University and Boards respectively.
|Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) – DEPR
A Master's Degree in Economics/ Econometrics/ Quantitative Economics/ Mathematical Economics/ Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade. SC/ST/PWD candidates are allowed a relaxation of 5%
|Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - DSIM
Essential: A Master's Degree in Statistics/ Mathematical Economics/ Mathematical Statistics/ Statistics & Informatics/ Econometrics from IIT-Kharagpur or Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/ years or an equivalent grade OR
Master's Degree in Mathematics with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/years and 1-year PG Diploma in Statistics or related subjects from reputed institute OR
M. Stat. from Indian Statistical Institute with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years OR
PG Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) jointly offered by ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur and IIM Calcutta with at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semesters/years or equivalent grade.
Note:For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum marks required in Master's Degree above is 50% in aggregate of all semesters/ years or an equivalent grade.
RBI Grade B Number of Attempts
- Maximum number of attempts for General Category is six times for Phase-I Examination.
- No such restriction applies to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD, if the posts are reserved for them. Download RBI Grade B Exam Sample Papers
Solve Sectional Tests (I) as much as possible during your preparation time
How to fill RBI Grade B Application Form?
RBI Grade B 2020 Application Form is available at the official website of the bank – rbi.org.in from September 21 – October 11, 2020. Candidates need to follow the below given steps to fill the form:
- Step 1: Online Registration
- Step 2: Filling RBI Grade B Application Form
- Step 3: Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Step 4: Application Fee Payment
The steps to be followed are briefed in the sections below.
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit the official website – rbi.org.in.
- Click on the link for RBI Grade B 2020 Application.
- Candidates have to click on ‘Click Here for new registration’ if he/she has not registered already.
- Those who registered already and got their provisional ID and password can skip the above step.
- The candidate will be redirected to a new window for registration. Here enter basic information like name, category, date of birth, email ID, contact number, academic details etc.
- Upon successful registration, a provisional id and password will be generated and displayed in the web page.
- Note down the registration number and the password displayed on the screen. This will be needed for filling up of the RBI Grade B Application form.
Step 2: Filling RBI Grade B Application Form
- Candidates have to fill all the personal, educational, work experience details, along with the choice of paper, position applied and exam center city.
- There will be no scope to correct the details in the form later hence fill the details very carefully.
- Once filled and reviewed, click on the ‘Save and Next’ button. Check RBI Grade B Cutoff
Step 3: Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Applicants have to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature, left thumb impression and a hand written declaration in the application form.
- The images should be uploaded as per the required dimension.
- An error message will be displayed if upload didn’t occur properly.
||20 – 50 KBs
||200 X 230
||10 – 20 KBS
||140 X 60
|Left Thumb Impression
||10 – 20 KBS
||140 X 60
|Hand Written Declaration
||20 – 50 KBs
||140 X 60
Guidelines for Photograph
- Upload your recent passport size photograph, clicked against a light-colored/white background.
- Ensure there is no “red-eye” on the photograph.
- If the applicant wears glasses normally, ensure that there is no reflection or glare on the glass and eyes are clearly visible.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable.
- Religious head wear is allowed but it must not cover the face of applicant.
Guidelines for Signature, Left Thumb Impression and Hand Written Declaration
- Sign with a black pen on a white paper in running handwriting and not in Block Letters.
- The applicant has to put his left-hand thumb impression on a white paper with a black or blue ink.
- A declaration has to be hand written in English only by the candidate on a white paper with a black pen.
- The text for the declaration is as follows “I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- Signature obtained on the admission letter and attendance sheet at the time of the examination should match with the uploaded signature.
Practice Sectional Tests (II) for free before appearing for RBI Grade B 2020 Exam
Step 4: Application Fee Payment
- The final step in filling RBI Grade B Application Form is to make fee payment and saving the e-reciept and application form copy.
- The application fees can be paid in online mode only through debit/ credit card/ Netbanking/ IMPS/ cash cards and mobile wallets.
- An e-receipt will be generated after successful payment of fees which should be saved by the candidate along with the application form.
- In case of failed transaction, candidates have to restart the fee payment process.
RBI Grade B Application Fee
|SC/ ST/ PwD
||Intimation Charges only
|GEN/ OBC/ EWS
||Application fee including Intimation Charges
Pre-Exam Training for SC/ST/OBC/PwD Candidates
RBI organizes a free of cost pre-examination training for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD candidates only for the post of Officers in Gr B (DR)-General Only.
- It is a combined pre-examination training for prelims and main exam of RBI Grade B Exam.
- It is conducted at some of the centers where the bank has its offices.
- Candidates can apply for this training during RBI Grade B Registration itself.