LIC ADO 2021 Section-wise Preparation Tips for Prelims & Mains
The recruitment process for the posts of Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) is expected to begin in the month of March, 2021. The expected number of vacancies is 1130 for all Indian candidates.The application process will be done on the official website.
The selection process of LIC ADO 2021 consists of three stages such as prelims, mains, and interviews. The prelims exam will be conducted in the online mode. There are three papers - Reasoning, numerical Ability and English language. To have a better understanding of the exam, the candidates must go through previous years’ papers.
On the other hand, the LIC ADO exam pattern for Mains consists of three papers such as Reasoning Ability & Numerical Ability, General Knowledge & English Language and Insurance Marketing. In the following article, the preparation strategy for each section of both Prelims and Mains exams has been discussed.
LIC ADO Numerical Ability Preparation Strategy
As it is crucial to learn all the topics of the Numerical ability in the syllabus, following the order of the syllabus is also beneficial while preparing because the topics are interrelated. Here are the preparation tips and strategies for the numerical ability:
- Brush up the basics from the NCERT books of Class 8 to 10.
- Try to work on the speed and accuracy of the calculation. One can learn and memorize the tables upto 25, square roots up to 30 and cube roots up to 20 to speed up the calculation process in exams as well as at the time of preparation.
- Practice the previous years’ papers and give importance to the previous years’ trend of the questions.
- Formals, tables, cubes, squares, square roots, cube root etc. must be revised.
- Solve the word problems such as average, ratio and proportion, partnership, time & work, and work & wages, pipes and cisterns, allegation or mixtures, simple interest, compound interest, permutation and combination, probability, mensuration, and data sufficiency accurately since these topics are scoring.
LIC ADO Reasoning Preparation Strategy
The reasoning section of the LIC ADO Exam can be learned if not have been practiced or acquainted with. Here are the strategy for this section:
- Blood Relation, Coding-Decoding, Inequalities, Alphabets, Ranking, and Direction etc are very scoring.
- Prioritize the reasoning quotations. Start preparation from the easy questions and then move onto difficult ones.
- Reasoning Puzzle Mania book contains of nemours tricks and tips for the questions of reasoning. These should be practiced to speed up the process of question solving.
- Give at least 2-3 mock tests each week. One can attempt mock tests on the weekends or on alternate days.
- Revise each concept 2-3 times before the exam.
LIC ADO English Preparation Strategy
- Questions in this section will be asked basically from reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, error detection, para-jumble, synonyms, and antonyms, etc.
- 2 - 3 reading comprehension should be practiced on a daily basis.
- While practicing, candidates can go through the questions and then read the passage. This will help you to pick out the answer from the passage.
- Do not forget to pin down important keywords while going through the passage.
- There are around 40-50 % questions which will be asked from English Grammar rules. Generally questions of type “ Find Error” and “Improvement” come in this category.
- For the vocabulary, practice Antonyms and Synonyms of every word that come across during the preparation. New words from the newspapers, practice papers and previous years papers should be noted down for revision.
- For Idioms, Phrases and One word type questions, revise 15 minutes on a daily basis.
- For the Cloze test, develop a habit of reading. Practice at least 3 Cloze tests from today to be a master before the exam.
Along with these LIC ADO Preparation Tips, candidates can go through the LIC ADO Books for preparation. While preparing, candidates must learn time management otherwise, they will not be able to answer the questions during the exam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.