JKPSC (Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission) Syllabus 2021
Jammu & Kashmir State Public Service Commission, JKPSC has also begun to recruit for various government agencies in the state. JKPSC owns its official website jkpsc.nic.in and is the consulting agency for the state government’s recruitment of civil servants. The committee is responsible for the annual recruitment of state government civil service examinations. JKPSC Recruitment 2021 is just to provide well-known positions if you plan to apply, then please collect the complete information mentioned here.
JKPSC Recruitment 2021 Key Points
- Exam Name: Check Jam and Kashmir joint service competition exam
- Agency: Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission
- Frequency: Once a year
- Examination stage: preliminary, main and personal interview Number of vacancies: 796
- Exam fee: 1000 rupees/-
- Application method: Online
- Exam mode: Offline
- Official website: jkpsc.nic.in
JKPSC 2021 Selection Process
- Joint competitive (preparatory) examination (objective type) to select candidates for the main examination Combine competitive (main) examinations (written examination + interview) to select candidates for various services and positions.
- The preliminary exam will consist of two objective essays (multiple choice questions) with a score of 450 points. This exam serves only as a screening test.
- The scores obtained in the preliminary exam will help candidates shortlisted for the main exam. The main examinations include written examinations and interviews.
- The written test will consist of descriptive questions. Those who meet the minimum passing score in the written part of the main exam as determined by the committee in any or all essays will be required to interview
- The interview will help judge the candidate's psychological quality. Qualities such as mental alertness, the key force of assimilation, the balance of judgment, clear and logical discourse, diversity and depth of interest, social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity will be judged in the interview.
JKPSC Syllabus 2021
The committee published a detailed curriculum for the comprehensive competitive examination through its website. The syllabus is suitable for both the preliminary examination and the main stage examination. Since the test paper is based on the syllabus determined by the committee, it must be prepared concerning the syllabus. Here, we provide information about the indicative curriculum.
||JKPSC KAS Syllabus 2020
- National & International Current Affairs
- History of India
- Indian National Movement
- General Science
- Indian and World Geography–Physical, Social, Economic Geography
- Indian Polity and Governance–Constitution, Panchayati Raj, Political System, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
- Economic and Social Development– Poverty, Demographics, Sustainable Development, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- Environmental ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change
- General mental ability
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc.–Class 10th level)
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.–Class 10th level)
JKPSC KAS Syllabus 2021 for Mains Exam
The JKPSC KAS mains exam 2020, there will be 6 major subjects and 2 options papers. Check the detailed JKPSC KAS syllabus 2020 for major subjects below. However, for optional subjects, candidates have advised the prepare the graduation level topics of the respective subject-
||JKPSC KAS Syllabus 2020
- Usage & vocabulary
- Precise writing
- Short Essay
|Paper 2- General Studies 1 (Indian Heritage and Culture, History, and Geography of the World and Society)
- Art Forms, Literature and Architecture
- Modern Indian history
- The Freedom Struggle
- History of the world including the industrial revolution, world wars, colonization, political philosophies like communism, socialism, etc
- Role of women and women’s organization
- Diversity of India
- Physical geography
- Effects of globalization on Indian society
- Social empowerment
|General Studies 2 ( Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- Indian Constitution
- Comparison of the constitutional schemes
- Responsibilities and Functions of the Union and the States
- Parliament and State Legislatures
- Government policies
- Role of civil services in a democracy
- Welfare schemes
- Development processes and the development industry
- Effect of policies and politics of different countries
- Important International institutions
|General Studies 3 (Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Indian Economy and issues
- Government Budgeting
- Food processing and related industries in India
- Land reforms in India
- Science and Technology
- Disaster and disaster management
- Various Security forces
- Effects of liberalization on the economy
- Investment models
|General Studies 4 (Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude)
- Ethics and Human Interface
- Emotional intelligence-concepts
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration
- Probity in Governance
- Case Studies
JKPSC KAS 2021 Optional Subjects
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical science
- Political Science & International Relations
- Public Administration
- The literature of any one of the given languages: Arabic, Hindi, Dogri, English, Persian, Punjabi, Kashmiri, Sanskrit, and Urdu
JKPSC 2021 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted in English only.
- The exam will start in offline mode The essay will have target type questions
- There will be two papers Each exam time is 120 minutes.
- Paper, I will account for 200 marks, and Paper II will also account for 200 marks.
- The exam will be in English language only.
- The exam will be commenced in offline mode
- The Paper will have Descriptive Type Questions
- There will be 8 papers
- The exam duration will be 180 minutes each.
- Paper I will be for 200 marks and Paper II will also be for 200 marks.
- English (Qualifying) will be for 300 marks.
- Paper I (Essay) will be for 250 marks.
- Paper-II (GS-I) will be for 250 marks.
- Paper III (GS-II) will be for 250 marks.
- Paper IV (GS-III) will be for 250 marks.
- Paper V (GS-IV) will be for 250 marks.
- Paper VI (Optional Paper-I) will be for 250 marks.
- Paper VII (Optional Paper-I) will be for 250 marks.
||Essay in English
|Paper III and IV
||300 marks (each paper)
|Paper V, VI, VII and VIII
||Any two optional subjects
JKPSC 2021: Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The age of the candidate must not be less than 32 years old and greater than 21 years old.
- Candidates must have a degree in any subject
Those who apply for recruitment to the Gazette Police Station must pass the following physical standards:
- The height of the male should be 165 cm, and the height of the female should be 150 cm.
- Chest 84 cm (male) and 79 cm (female)
- Both male and female candidates are enlarged by 5 cm.
Applicable to candidates for Leh/Kargil:
- The height of the male should be 160 cm, and the height of the female should be 145 cm.
- The chest of male and female candidates should be 79 cm.
- Both male and female candidates are enlarged by 5 cm.
JKPSC 2021: How to apply?
Candidates need to apply from the official website jkpsc.nic.in to check Jam and Kashmir PSC recruitment 2021. Ensure that the eligibility requirements are met.
- Please visit the website jkpsc.nic.in to apply.
- Use the link to apply for JKPSC KAS 2021 and click on it.
- Register your mobile phone number and related email ID and other details as required.
- Fill in the detailed information requested in the application form.
- Pay the application fee and upload the required documents.
- Submit the application form after one inspection. Keep the printed application form for future use.
- Registration fee: Candidates in the general category will pay an application fee of Rs 1,000 Candidates in the reserved category will pay an application fee of 500 rupees. However, candidates in the disabled category will not be required to pay
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.