West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC) is the governing body that conducts the West Bengal Service Commission Exam (WBCS). The WBPSC recently released tentative dates for the 2021 Prelim Exams. Due to Covid-19, there has been a delay in the process of releasing notifications and results but tentative dates are finally out.
Candidates who wish to appear for WBPSC 2021 should keep checking the official website, http://pscwbapplication.in/. Candidates can apply for enrollment, registration, and pay fees only through the official site after passing the eligibility criteria.
WBPSC Highlights 2021
WBPSC 2021 Application Highlights
- Tentatively the application process will begin from November 2020.
- The date for Prelim 2021 has been declared on 7th February 2021.
- Submission of both online and offline fees submission will possibly take place in the month of November 2020.
- An official notification from WBPSC in regards to registration and application are yet to be released.
- The Application Process is Enrollment > Form Filling > Uploading Photograph and Signature > Payment of Fees.
- Candidates of SC/ST and PWD category are exempt from paying any fees whereas the General and OBC category must pay 215/- as fees for choosing an online mode and 230/- if selecting offline.
- Candidates can pay the fees through Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Net Banking or by submitting e-challan at the Bank.
WBPSC Important Dates
WBPSC 2021 Important Dates
|WBPSC 2021 Notification
||Yet to be released
|WBPSC Application Online 2021 Starting Date
||1st Week of November 2021
|Last Date of WBPSC 2021 Online Application
||Last Week of November 2021
|WBPSC 2021 Online Fee Submission
|WBPSC 2021 Offline Fee Submission
|WBPSC 2021 Prelim Examination
||7th February 2021 (Tentative)
WBPSC Application Process
How to Apply for WBPSC 2021?
Candidates who are planning to appear for WBPSC 2021, here is a detailed, step-by-step procedure of application for WBPSC 2021:
Important Points to Note before Registration:
Before beginning the application procedure, here are a few aspects every candidate must keep in mind:
- Scan the photograph and signature to accuracy to ensure that no errors are faced during the application.
- The dimension, size, and file format for submitting a photograph as well as the signature are the same.
- Keep all your results handy to avoid last-minute issues while filling the last exam marks in the form.
- Do not forget to check and recheck all the details after saving and proceeding.
- Make sure to print and download the payment receipts as well as note down the enrollment number.
Step 1: Enrollment
- Go to WBPSC Official Website [ http://pscwbapplication.in/ ]
- Click on ‘Examination Name’ on the left-hand side
- Click on the link ‘Enroll Yourself’
- Then fill the Enrolment Form with all the mandatory details and click on ‘Sign Up’
- Validate the OTP Code received on the entered mobile number
- Enrolment Number along with Enrolment Successful will be displayed
Step 2: Application Procedure of WBPSC 2021
- Sign in to the portal with submitted credentials
- Selected ‘Application Form’ on the dashboard
- Select Examination Name under ‘My Applications’
- Then check the Eligibility Criteria
- Click ‘Continue’ if fulfilled all the criteria’s
- On clicking ‘Application Details’ the form will appear on-screen
- Fill the blank fields with required details
- Once all the details have been carefully filled, click on ‘Save & Continue’ to proceed
- Now update all the previously passed examination details cautiously, modify if required, and once again click on ‘Save & Continue’
- Now Choose the Centre of Preference, this is only applicable for some posts. Choose a Centre that has easy access and click ‘Save & Continue’
- Then go through all the details submitted once again to ensure no mistakes have been made and after thorough check move on to check, ‘I agree that all the information provided here, are correct according to my knowledge’
- Proceed to click on ‘Confirm & Submit’ after having ensured all the submitted details are accurate.
- Once the form has been submitted and confirmation given, click ‘Back to my application’.
- After selecting the applications that need to be paid for, select the mode of payment.
- Select ‘Continue for ONLINE Payment’ for online payment and ‘Cash Payment through UBI Bank’ for offline payment.
- If ‘Online Payment’ mode selected, then click on the preferred choice of Payment Gateway i.e. Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking. Now select any one payment gateway and proceed with ‘Pay Now & Submit Application’.
- If Offline Payment selected, then click on ‘Generate & Print Challan’ this will generate the Union Bank of India Challan with all the necessary details.
- Print the Challan and submit it with the fees at the Bank.
Step 3: Procedure for Uploading Photograph & Signature
- The photographs, as well as scanned Signature, must be uploaded separately through a link provided on the dashboard.
- On the left side panel select, ‘Upload Photograph and Signature’.
- Resize the scanned photos if facing any difficulty while uploading it.
- Right-click and select Microsoft Office Picture Manager in Open With, click resize on the top, and choose width 138px and height 177px, these sizes and dimensions are applicable to the scanned Photograph as well as Signature.
- Now click 'ok' to complete the resizing.
- Click ‘Upload Photo’ and ‘Upload Signature’ to complete the process and then click on ‘Save & Continue’.
Step 4: Application Fees of WBPSC
- Application Fees for WBPSC can be paid Online as well as Offline.
- Online Payment can be made using Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking whereas the Offline Payment can be done with the help of printing the e-challan of Union Bank of India.
- To make the payment, select ‘Back to my Application’ after confirming and saving all the details.
- Don’t forget to keep an extra copy of the e-challan to avoid any last-minute hassle.
- The fees vary depending on the category the candidate falls in as well as the mode of payment.
|General & OBC
|SC & ST
|Persons with Disabilities (40% or above)
WBPSC 2021 Guidelines for Photograph & Signature
- The Photograph, as well as the Signature, must be scanned before uploading
- The pixel for width is 138 and height 177 i.e. 138X177 for both photographs as well as signature.
- The images must be in.JPG/ JPEG file only.
- The size of the photograph, as well as the signature, must not exceed 100kb
- If the candidates notice an error while uploading the images then they must right click on the images and resize it to the given pixel.
|Scanned Photograph (3.5 X 4.5 cm)
||138 X 177 pixel
||Less than 100kb
|Signature (3.5 X 4.5 cm)
||138 X 177 pixel
||Less than 100kb
WBPSC Important Notes
- If the file size of the photograph and signature do not match with the aforementioned sizing then the screen will display an error.
- The photograph and signature have to be uploaded separately.
- After filling the form select ‘Back to Application’ to then proceed with the payment procedure.
- Once the details have been submitted, they cannot be changed, thus make sure to double-check before proceeding with the final submission.
- After successful completion of payment and registration, make sure to take a printout of the same.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.