NDA Salary Structure, Pay Scale, Allowance and Benefits 2021
The National Defence Academy is an academy for joint services of Indian Armed Forces. This academy provides for the training to the cadets of Army, Navy and Air Force. NDA is considered as one of the most aspiring examinations among the students who aim to serve the nation. It is one of the most sought after defence entrance exams in the country. The exam is conducted twice a year to provide the opportunities to various students as in nearly 4 lakhs candidates appear for NDA every year. Apart from great fame and honour, the selection in NDA provides with better salary and other allowances which generally fascinate most of the students and act as reinforcement for the officers. Below mentioned are some of the important points regarding NDA examination.
Get FREE NDA 2021 Mock Tests, Sectional Quiz, Previous Years Papers. Click Here
- The NDA exam is a national level examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit the candidates in army, navy and air force.
- The NDA exam is held twice a year as NDA I and NDA II, the candidates applied for NDA I are not eligible to apply for NDA II.
- The online application for the same examination is available for the students to apply.
- The entire selection process for NDA includes various physical tests as well including height and weight standards varying for different departments like that of army, navy and air force.
- The educational qualification includes the minimum passing of 10 + 2 examination from a recognized board.
Let us now have a look at some of the other important benefits provided to the army, navy and air force officers as a part of their job.
Salary Structure / Pay Scale of NDA cadets
|Lt to Maj
||Lt : Level 10 ( Rs. 56, 100 – 1, 77, 500)
Capt : Level 10 B ( Rs. 61, 300 – Rs. 1, 93, 900)
Maj : Level 11 (Rs. 69, 4000 – Rs. 2, 07, 200)
|Lt Col to Maj Gen
||Lt Col : Level 12A ( Rs. 1, 21, 200 – Rs. 2, 12, 400)
Col : Level 13 ( Rs. 1, 30, 600 – Rs. 2, 17, 600)
Brig : Level 13A (Rs. 1,39, 600 – Rs. 2, 17, 600)
Maj Gen : Level 14 ( Rs. 1, 44, 200 – Rs. 2, 18, 200)
|Lt Gen to HAG Scale
||Level 15 ( Rs. 1, 82, 200 – 2, 24, 100)
|HAG + Scale
||Level 16 ( Rs. 2, 05, 400 – Rs. 2, 24,400)
|VCOAS / ArmyCdr / Lt Gen (NFSG)
||Level 17 ( Rs. 2, 25, 000 ) (fixed)
|Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lt to Brig
||Rs. 15,500 pm (fixed)
- Dearness Allowance: Given to every personnel from time to time at the same rates and under the same conditions.
- Kit Maintenance Allowance: Subsumed into the newly proposed dress allowance of Rs. 20, 000 per annum.
- HAFA: Available for the post of the Lt. and above at level 10 and above. It consists of up to Rs. 16, 900 ( R1H2 ).
- Field Area Allowance: It is given to the officers of rank Lt and above at level 10 and above. This is of Rs. 10, 500 ( R2H2 ).
- Mod Fd Area Allowance: It consists of 60% of R2H2 that is Rs. 6, 300.
- Siachen Allowance: It is given in the form of Rs. 42, 500 per month.
- High Altitude Allowance: Given to the Lt and above ranks of Rs. 3, 400 per month ( R3H2 ), it is CAT I. For CAT II, Rs. 5, 300 per month ( R3H1 ) is given. For, CAT III, Rs. 25, 000 per month is provided.
- Free Ration: Officers posted in the area that is peaceful are given the Ration Money Allowance (RMA) every month. Whereas the defence officers who are posted in the Fd areas are provided with the rations itself.
- Transport Allowance: The transport allowance is given to the pay level of 9 and above. For the defence officers posted in the higher TPTA cities, the allowance of Rs. 7, 200 + DA thereon is given. Whereas the defence officers who are placed at other places are given the allowance of Rs. 3, 600 + DA thereon.
- Flying Allowance: The army aviators in Lt and level 10 or above serving in the army aviation corps are provided with the allowance of Rs. 25, 000 (R1H1 OF Risk and Hardship Matrix).
- Children Education Allowance: This allowance is given to every officer having children for up to class 12th. It is given only to the two eldest surviving children. It includes Rs. 2, 250 per month.
NDA Important Points
- The Dearness Allowance payable as per the revised pay scale goes up by 50%.
- Higher TPT cities are Hyderabad, Patna, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Surat, Bangalore, Indore, Jaipur, Chennai, Lucknow, Greater Mumbai, Nagpur, Ghaziabad, Kolkata, Kochi, Kozhikode, Pune and Kanpur.
- The transport allowance shall not be permissible to that personnel who are already provided with the facility of government transport.
- The special facility is provided to the officers in pay level 14 or above who are entitled to use the official car. These officers shall have the option to avail car facility provided by the government or to draw the transport allowance at the rate of Rs. 15, 750 + DA thereon.
- Physically disabled personnel shall continue to be paid at double rate, subject to a minimum of Rs. 2, 250 + DA.
- In case of disability, the monthly ex – gratia amount of Rs. 9000 along with the ex – gratia disability award of Rs. 16, 200 per month is given.
- In the case of 100% disabled as per the recommendations of Invaliding Medical Board, the constant attendant allowance of Rs. 6750 per month is given.
- In case of death during the service, the ex – gratia amount of Rs. 12.5 lakhs is given to the NoK.
- Various other insurances and policies are also mandated for the defence officers. For instance, in case of relegation, the additional premium of Rs. 1160 per relegated term shall be paid.
Ques. What are the leave policies?
Ans. Leave shall be permissible in accordance with the force from time to time.
Ques. What are the retirement benefits?
Ans. Pension, gratuity and casualty pensionary award shall be given as per the ranks of the post of the officers.
Ques. What are promotional benefits?
Ans. Various officers of different departments are promoted on the basis of distinct contemporary rules. Some are promoted within the time period of one year while others within the time period of six months depending upon their ranks.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.