GPSC (Gujarat Public Service Commission) Preparation Tips
The GPSC popularly known as the Gujarat Public Service Commission, the main duty is to conduct recruitment exams for various posts in the state administration. The candidates must be well aware of all the criteria before appearing for the examination. Aspirants must be well aware of the syllabus and the eligibility criteria before filling in the application forms.
The candidates appearing for the Gujarat Public Service Commission examination have to clear the stages to seek a post in the state. The examination is conducted in two languages i.e English and Gujarati. The three stages consist of the prelims stage in which objective-type questions are asked, the second round is the mains which is a written stage and the last round is the personal interview round.
Important points to Remember
- The candidates must be well prepared mentally and physically before appearing for the GPSC exam.
- Every candidate should set their goals, and prepare accordingly
- All the subjects shall get an equal amount of time, and it should be planned properly.
- All the aspirants appearing for the GPSC must go through the eligibility criteria for the examination.
- The exam pattern must be clear to all the candidates appearing for the GPSC examination
||Name Of The Exam
- Another very important fact about the preparation for the GPSC examination is that the candidates must be well aware of the syllabus and should have an understanding of the entire syllabus.
Gujarat Public Service Commission examination Preparation Tips
Proper Time Table
- All the candidates should start their exam preparation by making a proper time table and following it
- A proper timetable will make your preparation very crystal clear & it will be completed on time.
- The time table shall consist of deadlines and the candidate will have to work harder to meet their deadlines
Well aware of the Syllabus
- The aspirants must be well aware and should go through the entire syllabus before they buy any books or study materials.
- The aspirants must complete the entire syllabus provided by GPSC for the Preliminary & Mains examination
- The candidates must look at the exam pattern to understand the syllabus better.
Make proper Notes
- The candidates should make all the important notes of all the topics from previous years
- These notes are very helpful for the candidates in final and last minute revision for the GPSC examination
- Revision of these notes is very important daily.
- The notes must be short and precise.
Previous Year question papers must be solved for the GPSC Examination
- The candidates must go through the previous year question papers to analyze their preparation
- Solving the previous year’s question papers will help the candidates to find all the important topics for the exam which have been asked in the previous years
- After finishing every topic and revising it the candidates should solve practice questions papers
- If the candidates solve the previous year’s papers it is easy to predict the difficulty level of the GPSC examination
Must go through the Mock Tests
- Once the candidates are thorough with the syllabus they should start taking online mock tests.
- Many Mock tests are available online for the candidates
- To get better practice and increase your question-solving ability and speed taking mock tests is a must.
- Practicing mock tests will help the candidates solve the question paper on time.
Revision is one of the most vital things
- Revision of every topic and subject is a necessity for the GPSC examination.
- If the candidates keep on revising they would not forget what they have studied earlier.
Preparation Tips for Current Affairs section
- The aspirants must follow the recent trends and the recent happenings to figure out how and what questions are related to current affairs.
- The candidates must appropriately follow a National newspaper – preferably - The Hindu newspaper to be updated
- Along with a newspaper, the aspirant should also follow a monthly magazine so that they are well aware of the current happenings
DOs & Don'ts
Do & Don’ts for the GPSC examination
- The candidates should not skip the time of the revision,
- The aspirants must not learn any new topics at the very last moment before the examination
- Sleep healthy food are two vital things before any examination
- Intake of water is very important
- Stress can make your morale go down, so do not take any stress
- The candidates should take small breaks every hour.
- Revise all the topics frequently so that you are well prepared
- Always stay optimistic, positive & confident.
Study Material for GPSC Prelims
The candidates must have the study material for the GPSC exam, here are all the important details-
- GPSC Examination Books in Gujarati
- Books in English
- Yojana Magazine, Kurukshetra Magazine, The Hindu, Press Information Bureau (PIB)- Current Affairs
- NCERT Books and its Notes must be with the candidates
Best Books for preparation of GPSC Examination
Here is a list of all the important books the candidates must-have for the preparation of the GPSC exam:
- Gujarat No Itihas (In Gujarati) by Hiren- Gujarat History
- Bipin Chandra- Modern History
- Majid Hussain- Geography
- Ramesh Singh- Economy
- Laxmikanth- Indian Polity
- India Year Book
Prelims Exam Pattern
The prelims exam of Gujarat Public Service Commission consists of two papers – general studies 1 and general studies 2. The prelims examination is an objective type examination of 200 marks. The duration for each paper is 2 hours and the question paper will be in two languages that are Gujarati or English language.
|Exam Paper Name
|General Studies 1
|General Studies 2
|Total Marks allotted
Mains Exam Pattern
The candidates will only be allowed to appear for the mains once they clear the prelims and will have a total of six papers in the main examination. All the mains papers are completely descriptive in nature and the duration of each paper is 3 hours. The marks for each paper is 150 marks and the total marks are 900.
|Name of the exam paper
|General Gujarati language
|General Studies-1 paper
|General Studies-2 paper
|General Studies-3 paper
|Mains Exam (Total Marks)
This is the last stage of the GPSC examination, the candidates will only be allowed after clearing the mains examination, candidates will be called for an interview/personality test and will have to be physically present for it. The interview round will be out of 100 marks making the total to 1000 marks.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.