UPSC EPFO 2021 Topic-wise Preparation Tips
UPSC EPFO has officially released the 421 vacancies for the candidates. Now the exam has been postponed. Therefore, it is high time to start preparing for the examination. Due to the lockdown in coronavirus pandemic, it has been a great time for the candidates to prepare for this examination in the best and easiest way at home. They can also download and solve previous years’ question papers in the extended time given to them. So, let’s talk about the most crucial question - how to crack UPSC EPFO 2020 examination?
In this article, we all be discussing what are the major step that needs to be taken to prepare each topic of UPSC EPFO 2020 syllabus and how to obtain the desired marks in the RT of UPSC EPFO.
UPSC EPFO Preparation Tips for Indian Freedom Struggle
- For beginners, candidates should choose to pick 12 Class NCERT for Indian History.
- It will help you in covering every topic of Modern Indian History
- After clearing the concepts, choose books that provide more detailed information.
- Take mock tests after finishing up a topic.
- Try to cover the syllabus within 2-3 months.
UPSC EPFO 2020 Preparation Tips for Current Affairs
- Current affairs are one of the most important topics because of the vast range of the syllabus.
- Try to dedicate at least 30 - 40 minutes on a daily basis.
- Keep up making notes of the important events which made an effect on India as well as the world.
- For current affairs, candidates can rely on apps and television as well along with newspapers and magazines.
UPSC EPFO 2020 Preparation Tips for Indian Polity
- Indian polity is not Indian politics. It is about the Constitution, individual’s rights, duties, and responsibilities to structure, power, functions and responsibilities of various institutions of administration. Therefore, note down a proper syllabus.
- Keep an eye on the latest updates on new acts, bills, news, laws, etc. and note them.
- A good understanding and a proper approach for Indian Polity is a must
- The questions will be straightforward. However, the range of predictable topics is definitely vast.
- The difficulty level of this section is easy to moderate
Read UPSC EPFO Recruitment 2020 Syllabus
UPSC EPFO 2020 Preparation Tips for Economy
- Economics can be very tough to cover depending on your area of interest and academic background.
- Therefore, begin your preparation with NCERT Class X – Understanding Economic Development and NCERT Class XI – Indian Economic Development
- Follow up newspapers as it is crucial to stay updated on day to day economic development of our country.
- Mock tests are must for the preparation of Indian Economy.
UPSC EPFO Preparation Tips for General Mental Ability & Quantitative Aptitude
- This is a section which does not require any kind of gathering information.
- You just can dedicate your leisure period to this section as it will help to release the stress as well as you are sticking to your studies.
- Take as much as mock tests you can. Look for problems and try to solve them on your own.
- The speed with accuracy is one key to get a good score in this section.
UPSC EPFO 2020 Preparation Tips for Social Security in India
- Clear your concepts on basic EPFO, financial awareness, social security in India, provident fund, NPS etc.
- Stay updated through all news articles on Social Security.
- Study in depths so that you have a better understanding of each topic of the syllabus.
UPSC EPFO 2020 Preparation Tips for General English
- Start reading newspapers in English such as The Hindu and Indian Express.
- This reading will lead you to 2-3 new words in every article. Note them down and try to increase your vocabulary accordingly.
- Synonyms/Antonyms will require you to go through a long list of words which you will need to walk through daily and memorize them.
- Start practising your 10th - 12th standard grammatical exercises. Or simply dig out your old grammar books and go over the rules and practice papers.
UPSC EPFO Preparation Tips for General Accounting Principles
- Make a list of topics with which you should start your preparation for General Accounting unless you will lose the track of study.
- Understanding every topic is very essential.
- Dedicate at least 1 hour to this section on alternative dates.
UPSC EPFO 2020 Preparation Tips for General Science
- For core science subjects (chemistry, physics and biology), refer to the NCERT books from class VI to class X.
- Like in every other subject, scout the newspapers and science magazines for the latest in scientific developments in India
- Analysis of recent question papers reveals that a question in current affairs can be headed under general science.
- If any concept confuses you or you don’t understand it well enough from the NCERTs, look it up on the Internet.
Last but not least keep practising MCQs and Mocks tests to develop your speed and accuracy in each section. Hope the information provided above will help you in your exam preparation. Stay tuned for more exam related information.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.