CAPF AC 2021 Subject-wise Preparation Tips and Strategy
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the CAPF AC Exam once a year. CAPF AC written examination exam is the Stage-I of the CAPF AC selection process. The written examination comprises 2 papers, Paper I and Paper II.
Paper 1 will consist of multiple-choice questions on general ability and intelligence having four alternatives. Paper 2 is of descriptive type and questions are on General Studies, Essay and Comprehension.
CAPF Paper I
Subject-wise Preparation Tips for CAPF Paper I
Before you start preparing for the CAPF AC 2021 exam, take a printout of the updated CAPF AC 2021 syllabus and exam pattern. Further in the article Preparation Tips for effective study are mentioned.
General Ability and Intelligence
- Concentrate on quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning with additional stress on numerical ability and data interpretation.
- Constantly practice topics like profit and loss, time and distance, graphs, analogy, pi-charts, mathematical tables, etc. to gain an edge in this section.
- Candidates must always be up-to-date with day to day happenings in India and across the world.
- Regularly read newspapers, magazines and watch television for a daily news update to help build in this area on a daily basis.
- Making notes of the peace initiatives between nations, the treaties signed between nations, the honours won in various fields like sports, science, music, and arts, the economic conditions of the nations, and changes in policies in various countries.
- Concentrate on the latest advancements taking place in Science.
- Refresh your knowledge on the importance of science in our daily lives.
- To qualify for General Science, the best material that applicants can refer to is the NCERT Notes.
- Candidates will get sufficient knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology by going through the NCERT Notes itself.
Learn about How to Prepare Science for CAPF AC 2021?
- Focus on the diverse eras in Indian history, various years, and dates.
- Regularly revise different rulers and their reigns.
- Have an out-and-out understanding of the freedom movement, and the social and economic changes in India.
- Take help of books like Lucent, history books by renowned authors, and NCERT Books.
- Concentrate on the geographical aspects related to India and the world, including global warming, the latest treaties, climate change, etc.
- While studying geography, align it with general science and economy.
- Reading the NCERT textbooks on Geography will provide good conceptual knowledge for beginners.
Politics and Economy
- Concentrate on the overall political and economic status of India.
- This would include the political constitution of India, the public works undertook, the complete economic state of India, national and international menaces, the dialogues that are going on, various business policies, the role of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Keep on making notes on the current affair related to economic growth, downfalls, etc.
CAPF Paper II
Subject-wise Preparation Tips for CAPF Paper II
- An essay topic can be on any topic for example politics, general awareness, etc.
- Be up-to-date with the newest events in India.
- Center on the activities that have taken place in the past.
- Memorize the dates, trends of various events, and also statistical data. It will benefit in coming up with a factual, comprehensive, informative essay.
- Use various grammar books to brush up on English. It will benefit you in comprehension and language skills.
- Practice precis writing and comprehension on a regular basis.
Lastly, Practicing question papers is the best way to get a hold of speed in solving the paper. Moreover, solving CAPF AC previous year papers will also make you familiar with the structure of the paper and the types of questions asked in the exam.
CAPF AC Interview Tips
- Candidates need to maintain respect and calmness.
- The board members try to instigate the candidates to test their patience, as the position is the commanding officer, remember patience is the key quality to check in the interview.
- As the Detailed Application Form (DAF) has all the information regarding the academic and professional qualification of the candidate, therefore the majority of the questions will be based on DAF only.
- Also, the questions in the interview are more inclined towards current affairs.
While converging on finishing the paper within the time limit, candidates tend to mark answers without reading the questions completely. This may result in the marking of the incorrect option. Avoid such mistakes and understand the questions completely.
Candidates should not forget to carry the CAPF AC Admit Card 2021 along with the Photo ID Proof and Photograph to the exam centres.
CAPF AC FAQs
Ques. How can one increase time and accuracy?
Ans. Perform multiple tests and exercise writing answers regularly. Practice mock papers, recognize your mistakes, and the area where you need to brush up. This is a fundamental part of regular preparations for successful candidates. And undoubtedly it helps to increase your speed to solve the exam on time.
Ques. What kind of topics can be asked in Geography?
Ans. Anything from the syllabus can be asked. Some of the relevant topics that can assist candidates in their preparation are listed as follows:
- Neighbouring Countries of India
- List of Languages of the World
- List of Highest Mountains/Peaks in India
- List of Longest Rivers in the World
- List of Longest Bridges in India
Ques. How to prepare for Current Affairs?
Ans.To prepare Current Affairs for the CAPF exam candidates should read magazines, newspapers, and ready latest blogs. A list of some magazines and newspaper which candidates can refer are listed as follows
- Yojana Magazines,
- The Hindu newspaper
- Press Information Bureau articles
Ques. Where can I find the previous years’ papers?
Ans.The previous years’ papers can be found on the official website of UPSC or you candownload them herefree of cost.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.