Uttar Pradesh Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Exam, popularly known as UPPSC, is the most important exam for the appointment to various posts in higher Government offices. It is conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Provincial Civil Service Commission (UPPSC). Every recruit is involved in the service of the Uttar Pradesh State Government and for the people of the state and the country, at large. The exam is held once every year in offline mode.
This year, in 2020, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, there has been a lot of confusion regarding the UP PCS exam dates, and the uncertainty still remains. Nonetheless, it can be hoped that things will get better by 2021 and the exam will be held under normal conditions.
July 31: Notice released for UP PCS 2020 candidature withdrawal.
July 31: UP PCS 2019 Mains Examination again postponed to 18th-22nd October 2020.
July 28: Link for exam centre change for UP PCS (Mains) 2019 activated.
July 14: Interview dates for UPPSC PCS 2018 rescheduled.
July 7: New schedule for Interview for UPPSC PCS 2018 released.
June 24: Result for UPPSC PCS 2018 – Mains declared.
June 16: UPPSC PCS 2019 (Mains) postponed.
June 10: New dates for UPPSC PCS 2020 released; to be held on 11th October 2020.
UPPSC PCS Important Highlights
||Uttar Pradesh Combined State/ Upper Subordinate Exam (UPPSC)
|Exam Conducting Authority
||Uttar Pradesh Provincial Civil Service Commission (UPPSC)
|Frequency of Exam
||Once in a year
|Mode of Application
|Mode of Exam
|Acceptability of Exam
||Across the state of Uttar Pradesh
|Stages of Selection
||Preliminary Exam → Mains Examination → Interview
UPPSC Application Process
UPPSC PCS 2021 Application Process
As UPPSC has not yet released an official notification inviting applications for UP PCS 2021 exam, let us take a look at the tentative dates of the exam. This information will be updated with time.
|UPPSC PCS Events
||Dates in 2021
|Release of Official notification
||3rd week of April
|Accepting of application form starts
||3rd week of April
|Last date of Application Fee payment
||2nd week of May
|Closure of Application Form acceptance
||3rd week of May
|Admit card issue for Preliminary exam
||At least 15 days prior the exam
Now, let’s have a look at the procedure for applying for the UPPSC PCS 2021 exam.
Before starting the application process, candidates must go through the official advertisement which shall contain all information regarding the examination. They should also check the instructions for filling up the online form. Now, to start with the procedure, click on Apply and proceed.
Step 1: Registration
- On clicking Apply candidates will be directed to a page for Candidate Registration. This is common for all exams.
- Candidates will be asked if they have appeared for any post previously conducted by UPPSC. They will have to affirm yes or no and may proceed further.
- Select the post applying for.
- Provide all details, as asked.
- Make sure to double check the information provided.
- Click on Validate and Preview.
- A preview of the form will be displayed.
- Check the details again; if not satisfactory click Back button and edit the form, otherwise click on Submit Application.
- After this a registration confirmation page will be displayed with the credentials provided. This completes the registration process.
Step 2: Application Fee Payment
- On the registration confirmation page, the amount payable as application fee will be specified. Click on Pay Fees.
- A small dialogue box will pop up asking if any changes are to be made with regard to domicile, caste category, etc.
- If Yes is selected, a page will appear to make the necessary changes as required, then click the Update button.
- The final amount to be paid will appear on the screen.
- Click on Pay.
- Candidates will be directed to a payment module powered by State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS).
- Select the payment mode, that is, Net Banking/Card Payment/Other Payment Mode.
- Make the fee payment for application.
Application Fees- Until an official notification on UPPSC PCS 2021 is released, it is difficult to specify the application fee that is to be paid by the applicants. It might remain the same as for the year 2020 or change, as might be decided by the Commission.
||Fees (in INR) for UPPSC PCS 2020
|Physically Handicapped (PH)
Step 3: Application Form
- Open Submit Application Form link on the Home Page of UPPSC.
- Provide the bank transaction details pertaining to application fee payment and click Submit.
- Upload Photograph and Signature according to the directions of the Commission.
- Click on Final Submission of Application.
- Click on the checkbox to confirm that the candidate has read all instructions and the official notification.
- A detailed preview of the application form will be displayed.
- Verify all information and Submit.
- On confirmation of application form submission, an application slip will appear on the screen, containing Application ID, Registration number, Candidate’s Name and DOB.
- Print this application slip and download a soft copy of the application form for future use.
Modification of Application Form
Candidates will be given only one chance to modify errors, if any, on the submitted application form. Corrections can be made in cases other than the basic credentials.
- Open Modify Submitted Application under online application process for candidates.
- Candidate’s personal details will appear.
- Fill in the verification code.
- Click on Proceed.
- OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number; fill it up for authentication.
- Proceed further and the original submitted application form will appear.
- Make the necessary changes and submit.
UPPSC PCS 2021 Guidelines for Uploading Documents
- Paste a passport size photograph on a white sheet of paper. Sign below the photograph such that it fits within the width of the photo (dimension of the complete image including photograph and signature= 3.5 cm * 6.0 cm).
- Scan the photograph along with the signature and store it in.jpg/.jpeg/.gif/.tif/.png.
- Ensure that the size of the image (scanned) is within 50 kb; if more, adjust.
- Signature must not be in initials or in capital letters. Full signature is must.
- Avoid forging signature; otherwise, application will be rejected.
- If there is no match between the signature given in the form and the one made at the time of the exam, the candidate will be disqualified.
UPPSC Important Points
UPPSC PCS 2021: To be Noted
- Candidate will be disqualified if any wrong information is provided on the application form and he/ she fails to produce relevant documents to substantiate the claims.
- The High School certificate will serve as the birth certificate for the candidates. Date of Birth mentioned on it should be entered in all the forms in the application process.
- At the time of the Mains examination, self-attested copies of mark sheets, certificates and degrees must be attached with the application form.
- Physically handicapped applicants must produce a certificate of being handicapped, duly signed by any higher Medical authority.
- Ex-Army personnel willing to apply must be discharged from duty within the last date of application.
- Date, time and venue of the examination will be conveyed through e-Admit cards only and by no other means. No changes can be made regarding date, time or venue.
- Candidates who have applied but found to be ineligible will be disqualified straight away.
- All information asked for in the application form must be provided correctly, or else, candidature will be cancelled.
- Submitting the application form ensures only provisional admission of the candidate. It does not confirm final selection.
- All rights of cancellation of candidature lie solely with the Commission. If any candidate violates rules and regulations or is involved in any unfair means, his/her candidature will be cancelled to the extent that he/she might not be allowed to sit for future examinations.
- Candidates finally selected for appointment will have to undergo Medical Examination.
- 13 candidates for each vacancy will be shortlisted for Mains examination on the basis of Preliminary exam and 2 candidates for a vacancy will be selected for interview on the basis of Mains exam.
- Only black Ball Point pen should be used to mark the responses on the OMR sheet.
- OMR sheet should be filled correctly. In case of any mistake, the candidate should not use whitener, blade or rubber, etc.
- Candidates will be provided with an original copy of the OMR sheet and a candidate’s copy. Only the original copy is to be submitted to the examiner and the candidate’s copy is to be kept with self.
- In case of wrong answers, one-third of the marks, that is, 0.33 will be deducted. For two or more responses for the same question, the answer will be considered wrong and marks will be deducted in the same scheme. If any question remains unattempted, there will be no negative marking.
- The minimum marks to be obtained to qualify are 35% for SC/ST and 40% for other categories.
- Such minimum marks scheme will be applicable for the compulsory paper of General Hindi.
- In paper II of Preliminary examination, candidates will have to secure at least 33% for qualification.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for Mains exam on the basis of both papers in Preliminary examination.