TSPSC Group I (Telangana Public Service Commission) Syllabus
The Telangana State Public Service Commission (TSPSC) is an association created by the Constitution of India to select people for civil services in the Indian state of Telangana. Candidates who wish to apply for the posts through TSPCS Group 1 Examination can get the detailed syllabus here. The most important for any examination is to cover the correct and complete syllabus. With detailed syllabus, here you can also check other basic details.
Get FREE TSPSC Group I 2021 Mock Tests, Sectional Quiz, Previous Years Papers. Click Here
TSPSC Group I Highlights
|Name of the exam
||TSPSC Group I exam
||Telangana State Public Service Commission
||Will be notified in the notification
|Mode of application
|Mode of exam
|Stages of exam
||Across Telangana State
TSPSC Exam Details
TSPSC Group 1 Exam Details
Some basic details of TSPSC Group 1 exam include eligibility criteria, age limit, exam selection process and exam fees.
- Eligibility: Candidates who have completed an undergraduate/graduate degree in relevant specialization from any recognized university or board are eligible to take the examination with minimum marks.
- Nationality: A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Age limit: The minimum age limit for general category candidates is 18 years and maximum age limit is 34 years.
- Selection Process: Candidates will be selected on the basis of the preliminary examination, written test and oral interview.
- Examination Application Fee: Candidates are required to submit Rs. 125 for the application fee.
TSPSC Exam syllabus
Preliminary exam syllabus
- Current Affairs: Regional, National and International.
- International Relations and Events.
- General Science; Achievements of India in science and technology
- Environmental Issues: Disaster Management: Prevention Strategies and Mitigation Strategies.
- Economical and Social Development of India.
- Geography of World, Geography of India and Geography of Telangana State.
- History and Cultural Heritage of India.
- The Constitution of India and Politics.
- Governance and Public Policy in India.
- Telangana State Policies.
- Society, culture, heritage, art and literature of Telangana.
- Social Exclusion: Rights and issues such as gender, caste, tribe, disability etc. and inclusive policies.
- Logical Reasoning: Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
Mains exam syllabus
- General English (qualifying test)
- Spotting errors: Punctuation and spellings
- Fill in the blanks -Verb tenses, Conjunction and Prepositions.
- Re-write sentences - Active and Passive voice; Direct and Reported speeches; Vocabulary usage
- Jumbled up sentences
- Thesis writing
- Letter writing
Paper-I: General Essay
(Candidate have to write three essays, selecting one from each section. Each section has three questions. Each essay contains 50 marks.)
- Contemporary Social Issues and Social Problems.
- Issues in Economic Development and Justice.
- Dynamics of Indian Politics.
- Historical and Cultural Heritage of India.
- Developments in science and technology.
- Education and Human Resource Development.
Paper-II: History, Culture and Geography
- History and culture of India with special reference to the modern period (1757 to 1947 AD).
- History and Cultural Heritage of Telangana
- Geography of India and Telangana
Paper-III: Indian Society, Constitution and Governance
- Indian society, structure, issues and social movements
- The constitution of India
Paper–IV - Economy and Development
- Indian Economy and Development.
- Telangana Economy
- Development and environmental problems
Paper-V - Science and Technology and Data Interpretation
- Role and impact of science and technology.
- Modern trends in the application of scientific knowledge.
- Data Interpretation and Problem Solving
Paper-VI - Telangana Movement and State Formation
- The idea of Telangana (1948–1970)
- Mobilization Phase (1971 –1990)
- Formation of Telangana State (1991-2014)
TSPSC Exam Pattern
TSPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2020
The pattern of TSPSC Group 1 Exam Preliminary, Mains Exam and Interview are given below.
Preliminary exam pattern
- The structure for the preliminary exam includes objective type questions.
- This exam will be conducted for two and a half hours and a maximum of 150 marks.
- The preliminary examination will consist of general knowledge studies and mental aptitude questions.
- For objective type test, TSPSC has negative marking in which they will deduct 1 / 3rd mark for each wrong answer.
Mains exam pattern
- The candidates who pass through this preliminary examination are allowed to take the main examination, which will be General English, with a qualifying examination conducted for 150 marks for a period of three hours.
- There will also be six other papers in the main examination.
- The total marks in the combination of all papers in the main examination will be 900 qualifying papers excluding English.
An interview will be conducted for shortlisted candidates for 100 marks, making a total of 1000 marks. As a first step of the selection process, applicants will have to undergo an objective type preliminary or screening test. After this, they have to undergo the main traditional type of written examination. Only those candidates will be selected who will participate in the selection process from prelims to mains.
Then, candidates selected from the main have to be obtained through oral examination or interview. The marks obtained in the oral examination and the main examination will be considered along with meeting the eligibility requirement for the final selection of candidates for Group I posts.
In the case of posts with multiple fields, the candidates will be selected on the basis of preference. For some positions, candidates have to meet physical fitness standards.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.