SBI clerk exam consists of the Prelims and Main. Unlike SBI PO, there is no GD or interview round for this exam. However, the syllabus is vast and preparation calls for adequate time and dedication.
There is also a test of the local language proficiency. As per the latest news on the exam, the SBI Clerk result is out. The exam for SBI Clerk 2021 prelims will be conducted in July. Hence, it is high time to start with the preparation and download the previous years’ papers as well.
SBI Clerk Prelims Preparation tips
The prelims exam has three sections which are English, numerical ability and reasoning ability. The English language has 30 marks weightage and there are 35 marks each for the other two sections.
SBI Clerk Preparation tips- English for Prelims
- The preparation for the English language section depends largely on your conception. If your basics are good, then you will not need much effort with this section.
- Read newspapers and any other reading material which are comparatively refined in their language to improve your vocabulary of the language.
- Give mock tests and find out the types of questions you have trouble solving the most. Accordingly, plan your preparation for this topic.
- If your grammar is weak, practice from Wren and Martin daily which is one of the best books to improve grammar basics.
- Whenever you come across new words, jot them down along with the meaning so that your vocabulary is enhanced.
SBI Clerk Preparation tips- Numerical ability
- Numerical ability tests your calculation and accuracy along with speed. The practice is the key if you have to get the minimum cut-off within 20 minutes.
- Understand the types of questions that have maximum weightage, can be solved with a formula quickly and you already have familiarity with- practice these as much as you can so that you are able to solve the question paper quickly.
- Give time to preparing the numerical ability section every day and do as many variations of the problem as you can.
- Give mock tests frequently- if needed, for the same topic to analyze your progress with it.
- Avoid using calculators while practicing at home or giving mock tests so that your mental math improves.
SBI Clerk Preparation tips- Reasoning Ability
- This is another section that is solely based on practice and your mental ability to picture the problem quickly.
- Solve variations of puzzles that are of the same genre to familiarize yourself with the different types of questions.
- Previous year question papers should be solved particularly for this section as there are often common questions- at least a common pattern.
- Topics like a family tree, direction, seating arrangement, syllogism, blood relation, coding-decoding, number series, are some of the important and frequently asked questions.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips for Mains
There are four sections in the SBI Clerk Mains exam that are the English language, Quantitative aptitude, general and financial awareness, reasoning ability and computer aptitude.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips for General Awareness
- This is not a topic that has a static syllabus. Hence, you have to keep studying new events and topics relevant to it from the past year.
- The best way to prepare is daily reading newspapers attentively and even magazines on topics like finance and economy.
- Make notes of the events simultaneously. Focus on all events related to budget, finance, economy, banking policies etc.
- You will also have to prepare static GK on bank operations and policies.
- Take note of abbreviations related to banks and the economy- names of organizations in these sectors also are important.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips for the English Language
The syllabus for Mains in English is similar to that of a clerk and hence the study pattern remains the same. In fact, you can prepare this topic for both prelims and mains clubbed together. The only difference is that the questions in Mains are comparatively trickier.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips for Quantitative Aptitude
This is actually numerical ability but comparatively difficult problems from the same topic are there. Also, several more topics are covered in the syllabus for the SBI Clerk mains Quantitative aptitude section. Practice is the key and understands the pattern of the exam. This way you can determine the topics which have maximum weightage and skip the practicing section which is not as important.
SBI Clerk Preparation Tips for Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
While the reasoning section is similar to the prelims paper, there are additional questions to test your computer ability in the mains exam. Questions from computer aptitude are primarily diagram and graph-based. You can also get questions on computer applications with relation to your post. But the questions are few and hence the main focus should be on reasoning ability questions.
General Prep Tips
SBI Clerk General Preparation tips
- Revise the topics which have the maximum weightage in the exam.
- Take the help of online materials and video tutorials to complete topics quickly.
- Familiarise yourself with the pattern and syllabus of the exam.
- Have a thorough understanding of the marking scheme of the exam so that you can smartly answer the questions and avoid negative marks.
- Avoid doing guesswork in the exam.
- Do not stay stuck on a question for too long.
The SBI Clerk prelims and mains are easy to crack if you dedicatedly study the syllabus. If you start the preparation from now, you will get enough time to complete the syllabus as well as revise it thoroughly.