Rajasthan Administrative Services or RAS is a state-level civil services examination. Rajasthan Public Service Commission or RPSC is the body in-charge for conducting the exam. The objective of this entrance test is to recruit candidates for state and subordinate services of Rajasthan. RAS examinations are conducted offline for a duration of 3 hours.
The entrance exam is conducted once a year in both languages- English and Hindi. The application fee is rupees 250 for general category candidates, rupees 150 for Other Backward Class candidates and rupees 50 for SC/ST/PWD candidates. RAS is conducted in three stages: preliminary, mains and interview. The preliminary stage is conducted for the selection process. Recruitment and allotment of positions happen on the basis of candidates’ performance in mains and interview.
- Admit card for ARO, Physiotherapist and inspector has been released. Check details here
- RPSC Agricultural Officer and research Officer admit cards are out. Read more
- RPSC RAS interview schedule is out. Read more
- NHM Rajasthan CHO admit card for 2020 is out. Read more
- The application process is ongoing for 918 vacancies for Assistant professors through RPSC. Read more
- The admit card for Rajasthan NHM CHO will be released on November 4, 2020. Read more
- Rajasthan NHM CHO 2020 exam will be conducted on November 10, 2020. Read more
- 918 vacancies for Aisstant professors has been notified by RPSC. Read more
- Rajasthan High court Clerk admit card for 2020 is out. read more
Get FREE RPSC RAS 2021 Mock Tests, Sectional Quiz, Previous Years Papers. Click Here
RPSC RAS Highlights
Highlights of RPSC RAS 2020
|RAS Conducting body
||Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC)
|Frequency of exam
||Recruitment for state and subordinate services of Rajasthan
||English and Hindi
||250 INR for General Category 150 INR for Other Backward Classes 50 INR for SC/ST/PWD
||Preliminary, Mains, Interview
RPSC RAS Important Dates
Important RAS dates 2020
|RPSC RAS Events
||RPSC RAS Dates (Tentative)
|RAS Prelims exam
RPSC RAS Eligibility
RPSC RAS 2020 Eligibility
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.
- Candidates should be a minimum of 21 years of age and a maximum of 40 years of age as of January 1, 2020. On the other hand, for the non-gazetted employees’ post, the aspirants should belong from the age group of 25 years to 45 years as per 1 January 2020.
How to apply for RAS
The candidate has to follow the steps given below to register themselves for RAS exams.
- The candidate will first have to register herself/himself on the official website using a valid email id and phone number
- The candidate will then be required to fill all the fields in the application form with valid information
- Documents required for RAS entrance examination are aadhaar card, voter ID card, pan card, driving license, government-issued id card for employees, photo identity card of university/college/institute.
- The form will require the candidate to upload the necessary scanned photograph and signature.
- After completing the payment procedure, a RAS id will be generated.
- Documents required for counselling are class 10 mark sheet, class 12 mark sheet, degree certificate, caste certificate (if applicable).
|RPSC RAS Category
||RPSC RAS Application Fee
|Other Backward Class (OBC)
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe)
RPSC RAS Exam Pattern
RAS Exam Pattern
Before starting preparation, it is important to understand how the RPSC has laid out the RAS exam pattern for the year 2020. Understanding the RAS exam pattern will help the candidates plan their preparation strategy accordingly. The preliminary examination is entirely based on general knowledge. The total marks for this examination are 200 and the candidates are given 3 hours to answer all the questions. There are 150 multiple choice questions in the paper.
Next stage in the RAS entrance exam is mains. This stage consists of four papers- paper 1 (general studies I), paper 2 (general studies II), paper 3 (general studies III), paper 4 (general Hindi and general English). The total marks for mains are 800 which means 200 for each paper. Candidates are given 3 hours for each paper. In this stage, the questions will follow an essay or a descriptive pattern. Candidates must remember the following points while preparing for main exams.
Short Answer Questions:
- Word limit: 15
- Marks for each question: 2
- Paper 1: 25 questions; Paper 2: 15 questions, Paper 3: 25 questions
Medium Answer Questions:
- Word limit: 50
- Marks for each question: 5
- Paper 1: 16 questions; Paper 2: 14 questions; Paper 3: 16 questions
Long Answer Questions:
- Word limit: 100
- Marks for each question: 100
- Paper 1: 7 questions; Paper 2: 10 questions; Paper 3: 7 questions
The final stage in the RAS entrance examination is an interview which many also term as a personal viva. The total marks for this stage are 100.
|Paper 1: General Studies I
|Paper 2: General Studies II
|Paper 3: General Studies III
|Paper 4: General Hindi and General English
RPSC RAS Syllabus
RAS Syllabus 2020
The highly competitive RAS examination requires sound knowledge and thorough preparation. In order to achieve that, candidates must understand the nuances of the syllabus. The candidates must cover the following topics while preparing for the preliminary stage. Please note that this is a brief of all the topics that are covered in the preliminary stage.
- History, Culture, Art, Literature, Tradition of Rajasthan
- Indian History - Ancient, Medieval and Modern
- Geography: India and the world
- Administrative and Political system of Rajasthan
- Constitution of India, Political System and Governance
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Indian Economy and Basic Economic Concepts
- Science and Technology
- Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Current Affairs (Rajasthan)
- Current Affairs (events of national and international importance)
Mains, the second stage in the RAS entrance examination is a bit more complex as there are four papers. However, knowing the allocation of topics will make it easier for the candidate to strategize. Here is a paper-wise allocation of topics.
General Studies I
- Sociology, Accounting, Management, Auditing
General Studies II
- Administrative Ethics
- General Science and Technology
- Earth Science
General Studies III
- Indian Political System, World Politics, Current Affairs
- Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
- Sports and Yoga, Behaviour and Law
General Hindi and General English
- General Hindi: Grammar and usage, Comprehension, Translation, Composition and Letter Writing
- General English: Grammar and usage, Comprehension, Translation, Composition and Letter Writing
It is a little difficult to quantify the topics covered in the RAS interview. It is a stage that puts the candidate’s personality, aptitude and presence of mind to test. It is on this stage that the candidate is assessed whether she/he is suitable for the post or not.
RPSC RAS Admit Card
RPSC RAS Admit Card
To download the RPSC RAS Admit Card, the aspirants have to open the official website that is https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/. Next, the aspirants have to click the ‘Exam Dashboard’ to get the detailed information of the aspirants. Now the candidates have to go to the Rajasthan State and Subordinate Services exam table for downloading the admit card.
Once you click the link, you can see a screen and you have to provide the login credentials to download the admit card. Now you are able to download the RPSC RAS Admit card. It is wise to take two printouts of the admit card after you complete the download for your future reference.
RPSC RAS Tips
Preparation tips for RAS aspirants
We understand that dealing with competitive exams can be a stressful affair. It requires consistent study and smart work. While preparation can be an enriching experience for any aspirant, it can also cause stress, leading to mental roadblocks which can eventually have a negative impact on preparation. This coupled with shut down coaching classes and institutes due to the covid-19 outbreak only adds to the already bad situation. Here is a list of a few tricks that candidates can include in their preparation strategy to remain motivated throughout the preparation process.
- Dig out previous years’ question papers of RAS: In order to prepare properly, candidates need to understand the changing patterns and latest trends. Solving previous years’ question papers is one of the best ways to prepare for any competitive exam. It helps you understand where you stand and how you are going to deal with questions during the exams. If you find yourself struggling, you can always form another strategy to prepare, something that works better for you. Nothing can tell you your strengths and weaknesses better than previous years’ question papers.
- Arranging study material: Attending coaching classes is one thing but making the best use out of them without spending too much money is another. Given the circumstances, no offline coaching classes are being held for any competitive exams. Keeping the sensitivity of the situation in mind, it would be a good idea for candidates to arrange study material from different coaching classes. Study material is curated by experts who have seen the pattern of question paper evolve over the years. Their expertise can be very helpful for RAS aspirants. Some study material also involves quizzes that make learning a fun activity.
- Mock tests: Another important part of RAS preparation is taking mock tests. Candidates do not necessarily need to enrol themselves in coaching centres to get their hands on mock test series. They can simply buy the mock test series from different coaching centres to have a wide range of permutation combinations of questions available. Take mock tests in a time-bound manner. Do not feel demotivated if mock test papers seem too difficult as that is the purpose behind attempting it. Mock tests prepare you for the worst-case scenarios so that you are able to deal with any possible situation during the actual exam.
RPSC RAS Result
RPSC RAS Result
All the aspirants need to qualify all the rounds of RPSC RAS Exam for being finally selected. Go through the following content to know more about the steps to check the RPSC RAS exam result:
- Go to the official website of RPSC that is https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/
- From the News and Event Section, the candidates have to click on the RAS Result Link
- Once you click the link, you will find the RAS Result in PDF Format
- Now you can download the result and can print it out for your future reference.