The Bihar Public Service Commission has released a notice regarding 315 vacancies for Assistant Professor in various State Government colleges for departments like Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, and Mechanical engineering departments. The online registration begins from September 10, 2020 and the last day to register is September 29, 2020. The last date to fill the application form online is October 12, 2020. The detailed notification is available on the official website of BPSC. Also read- BPSC 65th Mains exam date
There are 263 vacancies for Electrical and Electronics Engineering, 34 vacancies for Computer Science engineering and 18 vacancies for Mechanical engineering. All are positions for Assistant Professor. The newly recruited teachers will all be posted at Government Engineering Colleges under the Science and Technology Department. The pay scale will be Level-10 and annual payment of INR 57,700,00.
The following are important factors for applying for the post:
- The candidate must have BE/B.Tech/BS/B. Sc. (engineering) and ME/M. Tech./M.S or integrated M.Tech. in the relevant field.
- Candidates who have experience as Assistant Professor in the relevant field on a contractual basis will be preferred.
- The minimum age limit is 22 years but there is no maximum upper age limit for the applicant.
- The candidates have to register and apply online only- there is no other mode for application.
- The application fees is INR 750 for general category candidates and INR 200 for all the reserved category candidates.
- Once the fees payment is done and the application has been successfully submitted online, a print out of the same along with all the relevant hard copy of the documents must be sent before October 19, 2020. It should be sent in the following address-
Joint Secretary Exam Controller, Bihar Public Service Commission, 15, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg (Beli Road), Patna 800001
- Documents that need to be attached to the form include, 10th mark sheet, postgraduate degree and certificate, PhD certification if applicable, degree mark-sheet and certificate, domicile certification, SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS certifications if asked for.
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of verification of the documents and mark sheet which carries 20 marks, a written exam of 40 marks, and an interview of 15 marks. The merit list for selection will be prepared based on the marks obtained out of the total, that is, 75 marks.
- The final selection result will be published on the BPSC website.
Click here for the official notice
Click here for the official advertisement
Check the latest BPSC news here
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.