January 11, 2021: Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is conducting the RRB NTPC 2020-21 Examination in several phases from December 28, 2020, to March 2021. The Phase-1 of the RRB NTPC 2020-21 Exam started on December 28, 2020, and will conclude on January 13, 2021. The Phase-2 of the RRB NTPC 2020-21 CBT 1 Exam will commence from January 16 which will be continued till January 30, 2021.
RRB is conducting this recruitment drive to fill in a total of 35,000 vacancies for various posts available under the Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC). A huge number of candidates have applied for the aforesaid posts of the recruitment of RRB NTPC 2020-21. Therefore, a proper plan must be created and then implemented, in order to get selected for the aforesaid posts.
Check: RRB NTPC 2020 (January 11): Check Shift 1 Detailed Exam Analysis, Cutoff, and Difficulty Level Here
RRB NTPC 2020-21: Selection Process
There are certain stages of selection that must be qualified by the candidates to secure a position in Indian Railways.
- RRB NTPC CBT 1 (Computer Based Test) Exam
- RRB NTPC CBT 2 (Computer Based Test) Exam
- Typing Test (for the posts of Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist, Senior Time Keeper, Senior Clerk cum Typist)
- RRB NTPC Aptitude Test (for the posts of Assistant Station Master & Traffic Assistant)
- Document Verification Process
- Medical Fitness Test
- Final Selection
The exam pattern for both the Prelims and Mains of RRB NTPC 2020-21 Exam are same which are as follows,
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
Check: RRB NTPC 2020: Selection Process - CBT-I, CBT-II, Skill Test, DV & Medical Test
RRB NTPC 2020-21: Preparation Tips For General Science
The General Science section of the RRB NTPC 2020-21 Exam contains questions taken from basic sciences including Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Follow the tips provided below to prepare for this section.
- Go through the science books of high school level eg Class 9 & 10
- Refer the NCERT textbooks of certain subjects
- Ensure a clear understanding of all the concepts & topics
- Must have a good level of conceptual knowledge
- Make sure to remember all the various formulas, reactions, equations, and others at your fingertips
- Revise questions for all the chapters
Check: RRB NTPC 2020 Subject-wise Preparation Tips - Quantitative, General Awareness & Reasoning
RRB NTPC 2020-21: Preparation Tips For General Awareness
This section of General Awareness has questions related to the current affairs of national and international importance. The GK level of the candidate will be determined from this section.
- Revise NCERT books of History, Civics, Geography, and Political Science books
- Make sure to have an understanding of Indian Laws, Constitution, History (modern, medieval, history of India), Parliament, Polity, Economy, Budget (Railway budget)
- Read newspapers and magazines daily to know the current status
- Focus on Business, Polity Science, Technology, Economy, and Sports
- Plan and study for this section daily at least an hour of revision is a must
- Refer last year's books and yearbooks from respectable publications
- Gain a knowledge about Books & Authors, Awards, Honours & Recognitions, Countries Capital and Currencies.
Check: RRB NTPC 2020 - Exam Pattern & Syllabus of Stage-I & Stage-II
RRB NTPC 2020-21: Preparation Tips For Reasoning
- Proper knowledge of theories and sufficient practices are required for this section
- Revise the easy topics first such as Number & Alphabet, Classification, Distance & Directions, Blood Relations, Series, Analogy, etc
- More practice is needed to solve the questions in reasoning
- Move on to Difficult topics such as Syllogism, Statements & Assumptions, Statements & Conclusions, Seating Arrangements, Puzzles, etc
- Understand the underlying theory first to solve the puzzles
- By practicing regularly, problem-solving ability will improve
- Cultivate the habit of drawing diagrams before solving questions
Check: RRB NTPC 2020 Cutoff Marks - Expected & Previous Years’ Cutoff marks
RRB NTPC 2020-21: Preparation Tips For Arithmetic
Most of the questions in these sections are of high school-level Mathematics. Formulas must be applied to solve the questions, however, the calculations will be trickier sometimes.
- Understand the theoretical concepts of this section
- Identify the concepts tested in a particular question
- Easy chapters such as Ratios & Proportions, Profit & loss, Simple & Compound interest, percentage, etc must be at the fingertips
- Focus on difficult topics such as Distance & Speed, Time & Work, Mixtures & Alligations, Ages, Boats & Cisterns, Time, etc
- Understand the logical and analytical approaches to solve the formulas
- Practice all the chapters of this section and memorize all the formulas
Go through all the preparation tips as mentioned above and prepare well for all the phases of RRB NTPC 2020-21 Exam.
Check the Latest Railways Recruitment News HERE