Reserve Bank of India released an official notice asking candidates to fill the vacancy of one unreserved post of Medical Consultant in RBI, Gangtok. The post is to be filled on a contractual basis with working hours mentioned. RBI released the notice on October 12 on the official website- opportunities.rbi.org.in/Scripts/index.aspx. The notice stated the eligibility criteria for the applicants and informed them about the duties and remuneration. The application forms for the post are out and must be submitted on and before October 27, 2020, within 17:00 hours.
Read: RBI Grade B 2020 Interview dates (Postponed), Notification, Exam Dates, Application, Eligibility, & Syllabus
RBI Recruitment for Medical Consultant: Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must know the eligibility criteria before applying for the RBI MC recruitment.
The eligibility criteria are given as under:
- Applicants must have attained MBBS Degree from a varsity recognized by the Medical Council of India in the Allopathic system of medicine.
- Candidates having a Master’s degree in Medicines are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have gained experience of a minimum of 2 years after qualification in practicing the Allopathic system of medicine in any hospital or clinic as a Medical Practitioner.
- The applicant must have his residential location or working place(dispensary) in a radius of 2-5 km from the bank’s dispensaries.
RBI Recruitment for Medical Consultant: Remuneration and Contract
The notice laid the following details about the remuneration and the contract details:
- The contract will highlight the remuneration to be paid to the candidate. The person who fits for the vacancy will be paid Rs.1000 on an hourly basis. Apart from the services rendered, a total of Rs.1000 will be paid for conveyance charges.
- Apart from the conveyance rewards, no other monetary benefits will be provided to the recruited person.
- The recruitment will be on a contractual basis. The benefits mentioned in the contract will be treated as final. There will be no payment of pension, provident fund or gratuity. Also, there will be no leave granted to the employee.
- RBI will keep a check on the work timings regularly. It can change the working hours due to various reasons including a change in the location of dispensary, etc.
- The contract will be for 3 years and there is no future scope of the contract renewal.
Read more: RBI Assistant 2020 Prelims Result (Released), Mains exam dates (Out), Cut off, Scorecard, Selection Process
RBI Recruitment for Medical Consultant: How to Apply
The aspirants must fill the application form before October 27 till 5pm. The following steps must be followed to apply for the post of MC:
- Visit the official website opportunities.rbi.org.in/Scripts/index.aspx.
- Under the tab ‘Current Vacancies’, click on ‘Vacancies’.
- Search for the notice ‘Engagement of Medical Consultant (MC) in the Bank on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration, Gangtok’.
- Click the notice. Click on the hyperlink in the notice that says ‘Application for the post of Medical Consultant on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration’.
- Application form page will appear.
- Fill the form, download it and take a print out of the same.
- Submit the application form in a sealed and packed envelope to the General Manager and Officer in charge of the Human Resource Management, RBI Gangtok.
Candidates can also fill the application form here.
RBI Recruitment for Medical Consultant: Selection Process
A potential candidate will have to clear the following phases to get recruited for the Medical Consultant post:
- The eligible candidates will have to appear for the interview process. If RBI thinks that the applicants are high in number, it can modify the eligibility criteria to cut down a few candidates.
- The candidates who will get shortlisted after the interview process are then required for a medical test. This will be carried according to various rules and regulations.
- Along with the medical examination, the candidate will have to verify and submit essential documents to the concerned authority.
- If the final candidate clears the medical test, he/she is then appointed as the Medical Consultant on a pure contract basis. He will accept the Terms and Conditions and sign the contract.
RBI Medical Consultant: Duties & Responsibilities
The following are the details that the MC will have to perform:
- Treatment of minor and major illness of employees and their dependents
- Treatment of emergency cases brought to the dispensary or in the departments or the Bank’s premises or outside the Bank’s premises a
- Administering all types of injections
- Handling important dressings and minor surgeries
Read More: RBI Assistant 2019 Main Exam Date Announced: Check Details Here
RBI Recruitment for Medical Consultant: Other Details
As per Annex II of the notice, the following major information is provided:
- MC must provide free services to the employees and the first dependents of the employees.
- The duties of the MC will be similar to that of a general medical practitioner. MC must not compare or show superiority based on educational qualifications.
- An MC is required to visit any member of the Bank's Staff staying in the Quarters whenever required to do so by the Bank and for this service he/she will be paid apart from the normal remuneration.
- MC will be required to give professional opinion such as the reasonableness of the charge of treatment about the various things of medical dues.
- The General Manager and Officer in Charge, Reserve Bank of India, Gangtok will be the supervisor and superior of the Medical Consultant.
- Any conflict or dispute will be directed towards the Court of Gangtok.
Check the latest RBI recruitment news here