November 21, 2020: A lot of news is creating a buzz recently. The most important and informational current affairs are given below. The below-mentioned news are from the period of November 16 to 21, 2020.
- Arvind Kejriwal, Delhi CM has provided the information regarding the limit of guests to be invited to weddings. On November 17, 2020, he declared that against the previous numbers, wedding guests allowed in a wedding will be reduced to below 50. Moreover, in the wake of increasing cases, few areas of the state might face lockdown.
- Bihar witnessed a new Chief Minister on November 16, 2020. Nitish Kumar, Chief of Janata Dal United (JDU) is the present chief minister of Bihar. He has become the CM for the 7th time. The proceedings included an oath-taking ceremony in Patna which was attended by Governor Phagu Chauhan, Union Home Minister Amit Shah, and National BJP President JP Nadda.
- Bharat Biotech is currently working on the Coronavirus vaccine. On November 16, 2020, they announced the commencement of the third stage of trials of its kind vaccine named COVAXIN. Bharat Biotech is conducting the research and the trial process in collaboration with the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- The Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) of the United States informed about the transmission of the Chapare Virus. They added that it is transmitted from humans to humans and is capable of resulting in hemorrhagic fever such as Ebola.
- India will be the hosting nation for the U-17 Women’s World Cup in 2022. On November 17, 2020, due to the COVID outbreak, the Bureau of FIFA Council decided to cancel the U-17 Women’s World Cup 2021. Apart from this, the Women’s U-20 World Cup also remains canceled.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) announced the approximate date for the launch of the first crewless Gaganyaan Flight. Owing to COVID-19, the flight that was scheduled to get launched in 2020 got delayed. Adding, the 2nd crewless Gaganyaan Flight is set to launch in 2022.
- The Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) of Pakistan has announced punishment of 10 years jail to Hafiz Saeed, the Chief of Jamat-ud-Dawah (JuD). He was involved in cases related to terror-funding.
- It is expected that the Oxford COVID-19 vaccine will be made available to the general public by April 2021. The information was made public on November 19, 2020, by the CEO of Serum Institute of India. By 2024, most of the Indians will be benefited from the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The ICC has postponed the Women’s tournament, ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2022. It is likely to be held from February 9 to 26, 2023. Due to the COVID crisis, the tournament got delayed which was earlier scheduled to be held in 2021.
- UK's Booker Prize 2020 British writer Douglas Stuart has won the UK's Booker Prize 2020 on November 19, 2020, for his debut novel 'Shuggie Bain'. The award ceremony was conducted in virtual mode.
LATEST SARKARI JOBS, GOVT JOB ALERTS, SARKARI RESULT & VACANCIES 2020
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.