February 16, 2021: Union Public Service Commission, UPSC will issue the notification regarding the exam of Civil Services and Indian Forest Services after the final decision of the Supreme Court on the current case of ‘seeking extra chance’ for age-barred candidates. The commission has earlier informed that the dates are unchanged. Read the important points of UPSC Prelims 2021 here below:
- The Commission will commence the examination of the Prelims stage on June 27, 2021. UPSC Prelims or UPSC CSE/IFoS Prelims for becoming the future IAS/IFS.
- The official release of Prelims notification was February 10, 2021; but since the decision is not taken by the apex court, the notification is delayed.
- The ongoing case is based on the candidates who asked for an extra attempt for UPSC exams who missed their last attempt in the ‘October 20 Prelims exam’.
- The case was settled when SC approved their plea of granting extra chance and have their attempt in the UPSC 2021 exam.
- The case was further extended for the permission for the age-barred candidates (those who do not follow age criteria for the UPSC exam).
- The general candidates are provided with 6 attempts with a maximum age limit of 32 years.
Also Read: UPSC IAS Prelims 2021: Check ‘Indian Polity and Governance’ Section Details and Scoring Tips Here
UPSC Prelims 2021: Important Highlights
||Union Public Service Commission
|Number of Papers
||2- General Studies and Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)
|Number of Questions
||Paper 1- 100; Paper 2- 80
|Question Paper Type
||Multiple Choice Questions
|IAS Prelims Total Marks
|Nature of Exam
||2 hours each, +20 minutes for blind students
||English and Hindi
Read More: UPSC IAS & IFoS One-Line Notification Released
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.