January 6, 2021: Applications for recruitment for the post of Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS), Inspector of Income Tax and Tax Assistant under sports quota have been invited by the Office of the Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax, Chennai. Meritorious Sportspersons, who have represented the Country / State / All India Inter-University tournaments (organized under the aegis of Association of Indian Universities) /National School Games/National Physical Efficiency/drive, can apply for the recruitment via online mode on the commission’s official website @tnincometax.gov.in on or before January 17, 2021.
Direct Link: Read the Official Recruitment Notice HERE
Income Tax Department Recruitment 2021 - Vacancy Details
||Number of Vacancies
|Income Tax Inspector
Income Tax Department Recruitment 2021 - Salary Details
||5200-20200 + Grade pay 1800 (PB-1)
|Inspector of Income Tax
||9300-34800 + Grade pay 4600 (PB-2)
||5200-20200 + Grade pay 2400 (PB-l)
Also Read: No Change in CTET 2020 Exam Date Yet; Admit Card to Release Next Week
Income Tax Department Recruitment 2021 - Eligibility Criteria
- MTS - Candidates must be 10th passed
- Income Tax Inspector - Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
- Tax Assistants - Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
Candidates must be between the age of 18 to 25 years
The candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their participation in recognized tournaments/events in the calendar years 2020, 2019, 2018 & 2017. The tournaments/events will be evaluated in the following descending order of importance:
- International Tournaments/Events like Olympics & World Championship
- International Tournaments/Events of regional importance like Asian Games/Commonwealth Games/Afro Asian Games.
- Other International Tournaments / Events like SAF Games. iv) Domestic Tournaments / Events of National level seniors like National Games, National Federation Games etc.
- Domestic Tournaments / Events of National level of juniors. vi) Inter-University Tournaments.
- National School Games.
- National physical efficiency/drive certificate holders.
- The best of three performances in the calendar years 2020, 2019,2018 and 2017 will be considered for evaluation. These should be properly filled up in the application.
Also Read: SSC CHSL 2020 Photo Size, Dimension, Format and Other Details
Income Tax Department Recruitment 2021 - Selection Process
The selection process will consist of two phases:
- In the first phase, the eligible candidates will be shortlisted, as per their option of the post applied for, on the basis of their current form and achievement in sports and games.
- The shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for the field trials at Chennai (at their own expense). In case any candidate is unable to attend/participate, whatsoever for any reason or having participated in the test is not found fit, he/she would not be considered for appointment.
Income Tax Department Recruitment 2021 - How to Apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the recruitment online on the commission’s official website @www.tnincometax.gov.in on or before January 17, 2021.
Candidates can use the direct link below to apply for the recruitment
Direct Link: Online Application Link
Check the Latest Recruitment News HERE
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.