December 31, 2020: The Current Affairs section is the most important part of the preparation of all the competitive exams. They work as a guiding force for all the other sections of General Knowledge and General Studies.
The Current Affairs section is one of the sections which can be easily scored in. The section is influenced by the current events of national and international importance. Aspirants for government jobs are required to prepare the current affairs to effectively score in the competitive exams. Since the current affairs syllabus is very broad, candidates need to prepare a strategy in order to cover the whole syllabus.
Also Read: Current Affairs Monthly - November 2020 for all Competitive Exams
Following are some important current affairs for the month of December.
ICC Award 2020
Two topmost ICC Awards 2020 were bagged by Virat Kohli. Kohli received the prestigious Cricketer of the Decade and Sir Garfield Sobers trophy for the best cricketer in Male category. He was also named the captain of the ICC Test Team of the decade.
First Driverless Metro
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off India's first driverless metro in New Delhi. This driverless metro ran from Janakpuri West-Botanical Garden.
Digital Innovation Award
Bihar was awarded as the best state for digital innovation and initiatives under the COVID-19 pandemic conditions. Bihar took the help of the digital platform to help its stranded residents.
NABARD Grade A 2020 Selected Candidates List Released for P&SS post; Check to Download Here
‘Pneumosil’, India's first indigenously built pneumococcal conjugate vaccine, was approved by the government for use. The vaccine was developed by the Serum Institute of India.
PMAY Awards 2019
- Tripura was adjudged as the best-performing state in the North-East in implementing the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban.
- The Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation was adjudged as the best performing civic body in India for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana - 'Housing for All Scheme'
- Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the New Bhaupur-New Khurja Section of the Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor - EDFC on December 29. The Dedicated Freight Corridor Corporation of India will construct the EDFC. EDFC starts from Sahnewal near Ludhiana in Punjab passes through Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Jharkhand, and Bihar and terminates at Dankuni in West Bengal. Its total length is 1856 km.
- The Government of India started the two-day dry run for the COVID-19 vaccine to gather the knowledge of the practical arrangements of the vaccine transportation and storage infrastructure. The exercise was done in collaboration with four states - Gujarat, Assam, Punjab and Andhra Pradesh.
- FIFA World Cup 2021 postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. The FIFA council decided to conduct the world cup in Indonesia in 2023.
- Government of India Launched E-sampada portal. The portal will work as a single-window system for the government office allocations across the country.
- Madhya Pradesh cabinet approved the Freedom of Religion Bill 2020 against the forced conversions. The bill seeks strict punishment for forcible conversions.
- Nagaland Celebrated its 58th Statehood Day
- Border Security Force (BSF) celebrated its 56th Raising Day
- Rajya Sabha MP Abhay Bharadwaj passed Away
- Scientist Discovered a fort at Golan Heights
Check the Latest Recruitment News HERE
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.