APSC Recruitment 2020- 637 vacancies for Asst. Engineers and Jr. Engineer
The Assam Public Service Commission has released the notification for 637 vacancies for the posts of Assistant Engineers and Junior Engineers in the Irrigation and Public Health Engineering Department. The official notice is available on the respective website and eligible candidates can apply for the posts till September 22, 2020. The following are the different vacancies and posts available as per this notice:
- 182 vacancies for the post of Assistant Engineer in the Irrigation Department of Assam. The vacancies are for Civil, Electrical and Mechanical streams.
- 368 vacancies are available for the Junior Engineer in the Irrigation Department for Civil, Mechanical and Electrical Streams.
- Additionally to these, there are 87 vacancies for Assistant Engineer in the Public Health Department of the state.
Also check- APSC vacancy for research assistant
The candidates can check all the vacancy details and the eligibility criteria associated with them from the official website and the notice that has been put up regarding this. The salary is lucrative for all these positions and are as follows:
- Asst. Engineer in Irrigation and PHE department are paid as per the pay scale 4 and the salary can range from INE 30,000- 1,10,000. There will be additional grade pay of INR 12,700.
- The Junior Engineers are entitled to being compensated according to the pay scale 2. The salary can be from INR 14,000- 60500 with a grade pay of INR 8700 along with other allowances.
The candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria required for the exam in order to appear for it. Only the permanent residents of Assam will be eligible for this exam and must produce the PRC issued in Assam for education as proof.
- The candidates applying for the posts must be 21-38 years.
- They should be proficient in one official language of Assam apart from English.
- For Jr. Engineer, completion of 3years of diploma in a relevant subject is mandatory from any SCTE recognized institute.
- The hard copy of the application must be sent to the Deputy Secretary, APSC after filling it up. The application fees is INR 250 for unreserved category and must be paid first to generate the printable and complete application form. It is INR 150 for reserved categories and BPL candidates are exempted from paying the fees.
Get all the latest APSC recruitment news here
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.