South Eastern Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2017 – 1,928 Job Vacancies
The South-Eastern Railway (SER) is amongst the 17 zones of Indian Railway and comes under the Eastern Railways. SER is headquartered at Garden Reach, Kolkata, West Bengal. It contains the Adra, Chakradharpur, Kharagpur and Ranchi railway divisions. Check Here
- SER offers 1,928 openings for the apprentice posts in the various fields such as workshop, signal and telecom, carriage and wagon depot and diesel loco.
- The form is available on this website from December 04, 2017 to January 02, 2018. Check SER Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants who are in the hunt of Indian Railways jobs, may find a bright opportunity to become a part of Indian Railways through this opening. Fill SER Application Form
- If you hold the ITI certificate, you may fill the online application form through the official website i.e. ser.indianrailways.gov.in.
Important Facts - South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2017
||RRB (Railway Recruitment Board)
|Name of the Post
|Online Application Form Availability
||December 04, 2017, 9:00 AM
|Closing Date of Online Application Form
||January 02, 2018, 5:00 PM
|Last Date of Paying Application Fee by the Unreserved Category Candidates
||January 02, 2018, 5:00 PM
|Number of Vacancy
Eligibility Criteria for Apprentice in South Eastern Railway
For applying to the mentioned position, candidates must fulfill all the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidate must have passed matriculation (10th class) with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board.
- Candidate must have obtained ITI certificate in the respective trade.
- The age of the candidate must be between 15 to 24 years at the time of application.
- The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for PWD candidates.
Pay Scale Structure
- The selected candidates will get the pay scale of INR 9,300 – 34,800 with a grade pay of INR 4,200 per month.
- Eligible candidates under the unreserved category need to pay an application fee of INR 100.
- The application is free for the SC, ST, PWD and women candidates.
- You may need to pay the application fee only through credit/debit card or net banking options while filling the application form.
How to Apply for Apprentice in South Eastern Railway?
Follow the steps mentioned below for applying online:
- Visit the official website of Indian Railways at – www.ser.indianrailways.gov.in.
- Click the ‘SER Notification 2018’ link on the home page and read the notification.
- Click ‘Register Now’ if you are a new user.
- Login through the generated Registration ID and Password.
- Click the ‘Apply Online’ and select the position for which you want to apply. The application form will be opened.
- Fill all the relevant fields carefully.
- Pay the application fee only through credit/debit card or net banking options.
- Upload the scanned images of your signature and passport size photo, along with academic certificates in the prescribed size.
- Select the ‘I Agree’ radio button and then ‘Submit’ the form.
- Download and take a printout of the acknowledgement for future reference.
Exam Pattern for Apprentice in South Eastern Railway
- The written exam will contain total 100 questions from four subjects - General Knowledge, General Intelligence, Numerical Ability and General Science.
- Each question will carry 1 mark.
- There is negative marking for each incorrect answer of one-third (1/3) mark. It means that when you attempt your questions and if some of your answers are incorrect, one-third mark will be deducted from your total scores for each such incorrect answer. There will be no negative marking for the questions, which are left blank or unanswered.
Admit Card for Apprentice in South Eastern Railway
- The SER apprentice admit card will be issued around 10 to 15 days before of examination at the official website.
- You will need to provide your Registration ID and date of birth for downloading the admit card.
- It is important to download, as applicants without admit card will not be permitted to appear in the exam without it.
- You need to ensure that your details in the admit card are correct.
- In case of any discrepancy, contact the Railway Recruitment Cell through the details provided on the official website.
Selection Process for Apprentice in South Eastern Railway
- The online filled application forms of the candidates will be scrutinized by the hiring committee.
- Those candidates with correct forms by all means will be called for the online written exam, which will contain objective type (multiple-choice) question.
- The result of the online written exam will be declared after one to two months of the exam on the official website.
- Merit list will be made available on the official website based on the marks obtained by candidates in the written round.
- Candidates who will clear the written exam and name appeared in the merit list will be called for the personal interview.
- They also need to produce their original certificates for verification.
- Candidates will be finalized for the positions as decided by the management during the interview.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.