Railway Recruitment Cell is inviting applications for the various post in Northern railway division. The online application form will be available from December 21, 2016 to January 20, 2017. There is no application fee to apply for Goods guards and ASM post. Candidates having graduate degree in any discipline can apply for mentioned post. The selection will be based on written test and medical examination. The basic salary is Rs. 5200 to 20,200.
Here, the category-wise details in the Northern railway division. Candidates can check the following table to know about the vacancies under RRB Recruitment:
|Name of post
||No. of vacancies
RRB Recruitment 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have graduate degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Candidates having diploma in rail transport management from the institute of rail transport will be additional desirable qualification. The candidates with awaiting results of the final examination are not eligible.
The upper age limit for General category is 42 years. There is a relaxation in age of 5 years for SC/ ST category and 3 years for OBC category candidates. The age limit will be calculated as on January 01, 2017.
RRB Recruitment 2017 How to Apply
Candidates can be registered online by filling the required details in the prescribed format available on official site. They can go through following steps to apply for RRB Recruitment as mentioned below:
- Click on the ‘GDCE Online application’ link.
- Click on the ‘candidate Registration’ option.
- Fill the personal and qualification details in the application form i.e. name, DOB, community, Email ID, mobile etc.
- Click on the register and apply if registered successfully.
- Upload scanned copy of recent photograph, signature and thumb impression. Edit the details if required and then save final details.
- After that, candidate will get registration number on their mobile & email. Now, they can login through ID and DOB.
- Take a print out of the application form for its future reference.
RRB Recruitment 2017 Selection Process
Candidates who are willing to apply for these posts under RRB Recruitment 2017. They must know about the selection procedure in details as explained below:
- The selection of candidates will be based on aptitude test/ psycho test. The qualified candidates will be called for documents verification and medical examination. The difficulty level of examination will be like that of direct recruitment of RRB.
- There will be negative marking for aptitude test and one- third marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The selected candidates will have to complete prescribed training courses successfully. After that, they will be appointed as a permanent employee.
The basic salary will be given for Goods guard and ASM post is INR- 5200 to 20,200 with a grade pay of Rs. 2800. Addition to basic pay, house allowances, medical, PA etc.
RRB Recruitment 2017 Important Instructions
There are some important instructions for the candidates who are willing to apply under RRB Recruitment 2017. They can go through following points notified by RRB as mentioned below:
- Candidates have to produce all the original certificates at the time of medical examination with self- attested copies of all the documents.
- Any candidate found using unfair means in the examination will be debarred from appearing in all the examination of all the RRB for lifetime. Action will be taken against him/her under Railway D&A Rules.
- The number of vacancies are provisional and the same are liable to increase or decrease depending upon the actual needs of the administration at the time of recruitment.
- Railway Administration reserves the right to alter the mode of examinations i.e. OFFLINE/ONLINE or re-conduct the written examination or to cancel part or whole of any process of the recommitment at any stage without assigning any reason.
- RRB reserves the right to reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage of the process of recruitment, if any irregularity is noticed in the application.
- In case of discrepancy, candidates can contact the helpline numbers i.e. 9821418241/42.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.