The North-eastern Railways have published an official notice recently regarding hiring PGT and TT part-time teachers. According to the notice, there are 20 vacancies to be fulfilled. The registration procedure will start on the official website from September 5, 2020. The last date for submitting the form is September 9, 2020. Eligible candidates will be called for a walk-in interview on September 21-22, 2020. The vacancies for PGT and TGT teachers is available in Physics, English, Biology, Hindi, Economics, Home Science, Sociology, Science and Social Science subjects.
Direct link to apply for the post is here.
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria will only be chosen for the interview. The following are important educational criteria that you have to note before applying for the posts:
- The candidates applying for PGT part time teacher posts must have a PG degree in the relevant subject from a recognized institute in the country.
- They should obtain minimum 50% marks in their post-graduation to be eligible.
- Apart from that, a B.Ed. degree should also be there along with a good command in Hindi and English. The command ovr the languages is elemental for applicants of both PGT and TGT positions.
- For TGT posts, the candidates must have minimum of a diploma of 2 years diploma in primary education.
Download the official notification here
The PGT teachers can expect a monthly salary of INR 27,000 and the TGT teachers can expect a monthly salary of INR 26,250. The following are the rules to apply for the exam:
- Visit the official website of ner.indianrailways.gov.in
- In the website, click in the contact us/recruitment segment. On the top of the page that opens, you will find, “link for online application/registration for teachers on contract basis 2020-21”
- Once you click the link, you will be redirected to the registration portal and have to fill up the forms and credentials that are asked for.
- The list of candidates who have been called for the interview will be out on September 18, 2020.
- They have to arrive at the designated venue for the interview with documents like their qualification certificates, passport size photo etc.
Get the latest Railway recruitment news here
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.