Preparation with the right strategy helps the students to crack the examination easily. Focus on the subjects which contain more marks. To secure good marks, it is also important to know your weak and strong points before the exam so that you can work on that. Students can practice from UPTET Previous Year Papers as it help you in knowing your lacking area and also familiarize you with the exam pattern.
- It will be conducted in 2 shifts in over 200 centres across Uttar Pradesh.
- There will be no negative marking in this exam.
- There will be 150 objective type questions, carrying 150 marks. It means one QUESTION consists of only one mark.
- During the examination; Calculator, log table, mobile phone or any other digital device will not be allowed.
- Candidates are advised to read all UPTET 2019 instructions carefully before start attempting it.
UPTET 2019 Important Topics
The following table shows the important topics of UPTET 2019 sections: -
|Child Development & Pedagogy
||Concepts of Learning, Best Teaching Activities, Understanding Diverse Learners (Backward, Mentally, Retarded), National Curriculum Framework 2005 and Teaching Learning
||English Teaching, Communicative Approach to English Language Teaching, Language Difficulties and Disorders, Unseen Prose and Passage
||Number Systems, Mathematical Operations, Language Mathematics, Formal and Information Methods of Evaluation, Error Analysis and Remedial Teaching
||House Building, Consumer Protection, Festivals, Common Diseases, Transport and Communication, Conservation of Species, Renewable and Non – Renewable Sources of Energy and Significance of Environmental Studies
||Sources and Components of Food, Natural Resources and Phenomena, How Things Work, Understanding Science, Innovation and Cognitive Evaluation
||Ancient India, Prominent Kings and Queens, Colonialism and Tribal Societies, Revolt of 1857, Nationalist Movement, India After Independence, Agriculture, Human Environment, Water, Understanding Government Structure, Gender and Social Justice, Diversity, Democracy and Critical Thinking
Preparation Tips For UPTET 2019
How to prepare for exams is a big question. Here are a few preparation tips to help students ace in UPTET. Just follow these simple tips and study hacks to complete your UPTET preparation in time and score better.
Avoid Devoting Time on New Topics
- It’s not compulsory for candidate to know each and everything because practicing new topics just before the examination consumes lots of time.
- Candidates should practice the topics which they have already prepared for the examination.
- Candidates must primarily focus on the stronger sections.
Solve Previous Year Question Papers
- Solving previous year question papers are very important to score well in the examination.
- By solving these papers candidates can easily recognize the type of questions asked in the paper.
- Candidates are advised to analyze their performance after solving each mock test or questions bank.
- This performance analyzing helps in finding areas need more work and where they make more mistakes.
Don’t Skip Pedagogy
- This is the essential section so candidates are advised not to skip it.
- For cracking UPTET 2019 examination candidates should prepare this section well.
- Candidates need to focus more on their perception rather than bookish knowledge.
Also Check UPTET Exam Pattern
Do Smart Work
- Candidates who start practicing late for the examination don’t think they cannot take the examination.
- Candidates need to practice important topics and solve questions as much as they can.
- This examination is easy as compared to UPSC and IBPS PO.
- In UPTET exam candidates can attempt all the questions because there is no negative marking.
- Along with this, candidates need to solve questions with more accuracy.
- Candidates should first attempt the easy and less time-consuming questions then start solving difficult ones.
UPTET 2019 Syllabus
A candidate must know UPTET Syllabus to prepare well for the exam. So, for better preparation candidates must go through the Paper 1 & Paper 2 Syllabus. The following table shows UPTET Syllabus:
|Paper 1 Syllabus
||Paper 2 Syllabus
|Child Development & Pedagogy
||Child Development & Pedagogy
|Language – I (English/ Hindi/ Gujarati/ Punjabi/ Sindhi/ Urdu)
||Language – I (English/ Hindi/ Gujarati/ Punjabi/ Sindhi/ Urdu)
|Language – II (English/ Hindi/ Gujarati/ Punjabi/ Sindhi/ Urdu)
||Language – II (English/ Hindi/ Gujarati/ Punjabi/ Sindhi/ Urdu)
||Mathematics & Science OR Social Science/ Social Studies
Child Development & Pedagogy
- This section is challenging and it’s very essential.
- This section is about Child Development, Teaching Habits and Best Learning.
Check Child Development & Pedagogy
- Candidates need to focus more on basics.
- Questions in this section will be elementary.
- Candidates need to read newspapers and articles on daily basis.
- This section requires both speed and accuracy.
- Syllabus of this section is very vast but the difficulty level of this section is easy to moderate.
- So, for solving question accurately candidates need to learn all the formulas.
- This section comprised questions from the topics such as Family, Relationships and Social Abuses.
- Candidates can easily attempt questions of this section.
- They can also refer online study materials to prepare well.
- Questions of this section were comprised History, Geography, Social and Political Life.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.