UGC NET is conducted to select eligible candidates for the post of JRFs and Assistant Professors across the country. Registration process for the UGC NET 2020 will begin from March 16, 2020 and will go on till April 16, 2020. The exam is scheduled to be held on May 3, 2020.
The students giving the exam start registering for the exam by visiting the official website @ugcnet.nta.nic.in. While registering for UGC NET 2020 exam, candidates must follow UGC NET Application process guidelines and ensure that every detail filled by them is correct and the images which they are uploading are as per the format. However, in case of any mistakes in image upload and entering details, the corrections can be made in the form correction window.
UGC NET Photo Correction
UGC NET 2020 Photo Correction Steps
The candidates who meet the UGC NET 2020 Eligibility can correct the discrepancy in the uploaded images and can use the mentioned steps to make the necessary changes. The method for UGC NET 2020 Photo Correction is mentioned below:
- First of all, the candidates have to visit the official site of UGC NET 2020.
- Then the candidates need to click on the “Remove Image Discrepancy” link.
- The candidates can login at the application page by using their application form number and password.
- The candidates can rectify the photo according to the specifications and click on submit button.
The candidates need to follow the guidelines mentioned for scanning and uploading the documents. The applications will be rejected in case the candidates are unable to follow the mentioned instructions.
What are the reasons for UGC NET 2020 Image Correction
The candidates meeting the UGC Net Eligibility and appearing in the exam, sometimes need to make the correction in uploaded images in case:
- The photo is blurred
- The image is not uploaded as per the specifications
- The background is non-acceptable.
- In case the spectacles worn by the candidate show a red eye
- signature is unclear
- candidates do the signature in capitals
- Image of signature is not as per specifications
Check here UGC NET Syllabus
UGC NET Photo Specifications
UGC NET 2020 Photo Specifications
At the time of UGC NET Application Process, the candidates need to upload a scanned image along with his/her signature and father’s/ mother’s/ guardian’s signature is required at the time of submitting the application form. The details regarding the UGC NET photo are mentioned below:
- Latest passport size colour or black/white photo with candidate's name and date of taking that picture printed on it:
- The pictures with no date and name will also be accepted.
- The picture must be clicked against a light-coloured, preferably white background.
- The candidates need to look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- In case someone is clicking the picture with flash ON then make sure that there's no "red-eye".
- Though the spectacles are allowed, the candidates have to ensure that there are no reflections and the eyes can be seen clearly.
- Hats, caps and dark glasses are not allowed. However, the candidates wearing the religious headwear are allowed but it should not cover their face.
UGC NET Signature Guidelines
UGC NET 2020 Signature Guidelines
In addition to the photographs, the candidates have to upload the scanned images of their signature and their father’s/mother’s/guardian’s signature as well at the time of UGC NET application process. Some of the important specifications which the candidates must include:
- The candidates need to do the signature on a white paper with a black ink pen.
- Only the signature of the applicant and father/mother/guardian (separately) are allowed and not of someone else.
- The applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet at the time of exam and the signature on the call letter must match with eth uploaded signature. In case of any discrepancies, the candidates will be disqualified.
UGC NET Do's & Don'ts
What are the Do’s and Don’ts for UGC NET - Photo and Signature
There are some things that the candidates must adhere to while giving UGC NET 2020.
- While giving the exam, the candidates must sign in the presence of invigilator, across the photograph.
- The candidates have to mention their name, application form number and roll number on the reverse side of the photograph
- The candidates are advised to bring the additional copies of the submitted passport size photographs which clearly show the image with proper colours.
- The photograph must not include a cap/hat or sunglasses.
- Spectacles are allowed only if the candidates use them regularly.
- Polaroid photos are not allowed.
- The candidates have to upload their signature and signature of their guardian in the mentioned box only.
- The candidates writing their name in capital letters will NOT be accepted as the signature. If someone is doing the same, it will result in the cancellation of the application form.
Note: Only candidates who have made the application fee payment can access the correction window.
Scanning the Photograph & Signature for UGC NET 2020
At the time of scanning the mentioned photograph and signatures for UGC NET 2020, the candidates have to keep the beneath factors in mind.
- The candidates have to set the resolution of the scanner to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch) and also set colour to true colour.
- The image must be cropped in the scanner to the edge of the signature/photograph. Use the upload-editor and crop the image to the final size
- Only the images in JPEG format will be accepted.
- The candidates can check Image dimensions by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image icon. The candidates who use MS Office/MS Windows can get signature and photo in .jpeg format with the help of MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager.
- If the file size, dimensions, and format are not as per the guidelines, the error message will be displayed on the screen.
- At the time of registering online, the candidates will be given access to a link that can be used to upload their photographs and signatures.
Check here UGC NET exam pattern
UGC NET Uploading Method
What is the method of Uploading the Photograph and Signature
- There will be two separate links for uploading photographs and signature.
- The candidates have to click on the link mentioning "Upload Photograph / Signature".
- After that click on Browse and select the location where the Scanned Photo/ Signature file has been saved.
- After that select the respective file by clicking on it.
- Select the 'Upload' option, and press enter.
Download here! UGC NET sample papers
What are the guidelines to attach photograph in UGC NET 2020 Application Form
At the time of completing UGC NET application process, there are higher chances that the candidates make some errors. Many times, they upload images that are not correct and are not according to the specified instructions and hence, such images get disqualified. Some of the common mistakes which most of the candidates do at the time of registration include:
- The candidates many times use their mobile phone camera to click the photo which is not acceptable. The uploaded photo must be clicked by a professional camera with a white background.
- For getting a clear image, the applicants have to look straight into the camera making eye contact. The candidates must avoid wearing muffler/scarf as it might cover their face. At least 75% of the total area of the photograph must be covered with the candidates’ face.
- In case the photos are unclear, it will result in the rejections. The face of the candidates must be clearly visible in the photograph. Also, make sure that the uploaded image is of high digital resolution.
- The candidates having eyesight problems are allowed to wear the spectacles but one must avoid wearing tinted glasses or sunglasses in the photo.
The candidates who have not uploaded images as per the mentioned photo requirements can make the corrections during UGC NET 2020 Correction Form. The candidates can edit the photograph by uploading the right appropriate photo in the application form and re-submit the form.
By following the instructions, the candidates can upload the details in the right way which is important to give the exam.
Best of Luck from Team Collegedunia!