Ankit Vaishnav is one of the aspirants who has cracked the UGC NET 2020 exam in the subject of Mass Communication & Journalism for both the Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). He obtained a total score of 186 out of 300 marks. His paper-wise scores are 72 in Paper-I and 114 in Paper-II.
He's an extremely passionate and outstanding student and is a graduate from Ajmer's Maharshi Dayanand Saraswati University in English Literature, Sociology, and Economics. As of now, He's pursuing his Postgraduate Degree from the Central University of Haryana in Journalism & Mass Communication.
Also read- UKSSSC Assistant Accountant Answer Key 2020
Check the Preparation tips shared by Ankit Vaishnav
In an interview, When the interviewer asked if he'd qualify for the UGC NET 2020 exams, he said that he had expected to qualify the same. Ankit Vaishnav shared his preparation tips and experiences on how he prepared for the UGC NET 2020 examinations. Check the tips shared by him.
- Target study is very important and helpful
- You must understand the UGC NET syllabus and its concepts and divide it accordingly into daily targets
- Make notes and revise it daily
- Time management while preparing for the UGC NET 2020 exams is very important
- Both the papers of UGC are important and must be attended by the candidates and mainly focus on paper-1
- If you're interested, then enroll in a coaching class or follow the youtube channel for the Latest updates, since they can clearly make us understand
- Set small targets either daily or weekly and monthly and prepare accordingly
- Work on your weaknesses and strengths and make sure to overcome your weaknesses
- Don't overlook paper-1 to score more in paper-II, but focus on both the papers and mainly on paper-1, it enhances your score
- Don't make schedules which you won't follow, but make daily targets which will be followed daily
- Go through the books, notes, and other materials that are useful for the UGC NET exams
- Keep yourself calm and composed and don't panic before the exam day
- If you're calm, then you can boost your chances of scoring marks in the exam
- Use your brain efficiently and effectively
- Open up your mind, so that the knowledge can come from every direction
- Follow the below-mentioned books to prepare for the UGC NET exams (JRF & Mass Communication)
- Mass Communication Theory by Baranand Devis
- History of Journalism by J Natarajan
- Mc Quail’s Mass Communication Theory by Denis Mc Queil
- McLuhan for Beginners by WT Gordan
- Handbook of Communication by Uma Narula
- Cultural Theory and Popular Culture by John Storey
- Communication for Development by Melkote and Steeves
- Handbook of Public Relations by RL Heath
- Mass Media Research by Wimmer and Dominick
- Mass Communication in India by KJ Kumar
- Principles of Marketing by Kotler and Armstrong
- Video Production Handbook by G Millerson
- Mass Media Laws in India by a brief Observation by AK Mishra
- UGC NET Previous Year Papers Mass Communication and Journalism by R Gupta
- The Film Book by R Bergan
- UGC NET Paper-1 by KVS Madaan
Follow these above-mentioned books to clear the UGC NET exams. These will definitely help to crack any of the questions. Ankit has some future plans to achieve and he's now focusing on pursuing a Ph.D. in Mass Communication from a Central University.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.