The UGC NTA NET 2020 has begun on September 24, 2020 while strictly maintaining the guidelines and protocols of COVID-19 to prevent the spread of the infection. The exam has been rescheduled several times so far and the final dates are September 24, 25, 25, 29, 20 and October 1, 9, 17 and November 4, 11, 12 and 13, 2020. It will be conducted in two shifts from 9-12PM and 3-6PM. Also read- UGC NTA NET revised dates
The following are important instructions that the aspirants should follow:
An additional self-declaration form is attached with the admit card this year which must be duly filled up and submitted in the exam center. It is a four page form to determine if you had any of the following experience in the past 14 days.
- Tick any of the option that is applicable to you among the symptoms like Fever, body ache, cough, sore throat, and runny nose. If you experience none, leave it blank.
- Tick yes if you had come in close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19 or leave it blank if you have not.
- Tick the relevant box if you have not been in contact with someone suffering COVID-19 and have not been under mandatory quarantine.
- Mention your travel history to the specific cities and areas within the past 14 days. Leave it blank if it is not applicable.
- Sign the undertaking in presence of the examiner.
- Other rules related to the exam:
- The roll number will not be attached to the seat this time. The candidate have to show the admit card to the invigilator and they will show the designated seat.
- Only manual attendance will be taken this year.
- This year, thumb impression can be done from home to prevent using the same ink pad by many candidates.
- Every candidate will be provided a mask from the exam center and they have to change their own mask and wear the one given to them.
- Candidates can bring 50ml hand sanitizer transparent bottle, a transperant water bottle, and black ball point pen.
Check the latest Net exam news here
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.