UGC NET Exam is conducted by NTA to recruit candidates for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Assistant Professorship in India’s colleges and universities. The UGC NET Exam is conducted twice a year (June and December) on a national level. In 2020, the June Exams were postponed due to the Covid- 19 pandemic.
Dilpreet Kaur Cleared UGC NET June 2020 for Management even though she was working while preparing for the exam. Read on to know her Preparation Tips for clearing the exam while working simultaneously.
- First, go through the UGC NET Exam Pattern very carefully and understand its difficulty level.
- After that, have a deep understanding of the UGC NET Syllabus and mark your strengths and weaknesses in the syllabus.
- Before you procure preparation materials and start preparing, watch videos on Youtube that tell you about your subject and the approach you must take.
- Once you have an idea about the approach you must take, make a study plan and list down the topics that you would finish in a stipulated time.
- Make sure to devote at least 8 hours every day your preparation.
- Understand what works for you, I prepared paper 2 first and then paper 1.
- Begin by going through your Graduation and Post-Graduation notes. Since you are already familiar with your Graduation and Post Graduation syllabus, brushing it up would not take much time.
- It will also give you a zeal and a boost of confidence which is most essential while preparing.
- Once done with your old notes, begin with other study materials you have procured.
- You can find a lot of helpful videos and materials on the internet.
- Make sure to prepare your own summary notes from the very beginning to revise just before the exam.
- As you finish each topic, solve questions based on them from sample and Practice Papers.
- If you face any difficulties while solving the questions, revise your summarised notes to clear the concept.
- For paper 1, make sure to have a clear understanding of the applications rather than just learning the definitions.
- Read books and watch videos based on applications as most of the questions from the first paper are application-based.
- Make sure to cover as much syllabus as you can and prepare them deeply. It is necessary to have a clear base.
Before the Exam
- Once you have finished studying and covered all the syllabus, it is time to take mock tests.
- Begin by taking mock tests simply but then increase the level of difficulties for yourself.
- About 20 days before the exam, you must be taking the mock tests in a time-constraint and exam-like environment with the same dedication.
- For 10 days before the exam, solve as many previous exam papers as possible for the first five days.
- Do not go beyond 2016 as the exam pattern before that was different, so there is no point solving them.
- In the ultimate five days, just revise your summarised notes that you prepared and ensure having clear concepts.
- Do not take up any new topic in the end, just revise what you have already learned.
- Consistency is very important. Don’t prepare rigorously for a day and then don’t study the next day.
- Study every day and try to finish at least 80% of whatever you have planned to finish that day.
- Things will get tough and you will want to give up, but don’t. You will come through sooner or later.
- Some things take time so if you can’t clear the exam on your first or second attempt, it is fine. You have a better experience and a better chance to clear the next time.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself, take a break once in a while.
Message to Aspirants
Work hard in silence and let your success make the noise.
Above were the tips followed and shared by Dilpreet Kaur. She prepared for a year for UGC NET 2020 while working at the same time.
All the aspirants who are going to appear for the UGC NET exam or are interested in taking the exam must read these strategies. However, every student is different so remember these points, explore more, and come up with your own techniques.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.