In its latest notice, BEL (Bharat Electronics Limited) has invited applications for the post of Senior Assistant Engineer (E-I Grade) from ex-servicemen of Army/Navy/ Air Force, which are retired or retiring on September 9, 2017 with 3 years Diploma in Electrical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics, Electronics & Communication or Tele Communication discipline in the rank of JCO having 15 years & above post qualification (Professional) experience,.
- These recruitments are to be made on contract basis for an initial tenure of 5 years’.
- It is extendable according to performance or requirements of the company.
- There are 16 job openings for the post.
- Applicant’s age can be a maximum of 52 years (As on September 1, 2017).
- Selection will based on Written Test and Interview.
- The pay scale for ex-servicemen on contract basis will be INR 12600-3%-25600.
- With all the benefits combined with cash component, total CTC will be around INR 5 lakh per annum.
- This is also made clear that outstation candidates will be given DA and TA as per the policy of the company.
Check BEL Recruitment 2017
BEL Recruitment 2017: Eligibility for Ex-Servicemen on Contract Basis
The recruitment is to be made in Telecom and Broadcasting Unit SBU, Bangalore. The company has listed following eligibility criteria for ex-servicemen on contract basis: -
- Candidates must have a 3-year diploma in one of these disciplines – Electrical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication or Telecommunication.
- They must have 15 years of experience (after diploma) at the post of JCO or above.
- Applicants must have worked in one of these fields – Communication System, Satellite Communication, Computers and Networks, Switching Equipments HLF, VLF equipments or OFC.
- Students must be able to understand engineering designs and diagrams, and such related to assembly work as well.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible and can apply for the job.
BEL Recruitment 2017: Job Description for Ex-Servicemen on Contract Basis
The job description for ex-servicemen on contract basis is explained in the given points: -
- Do work involving travelling and long stays at sites anywhere in India
- Do assembling of PCB/Ethernet/OFC cables and wiring of communication system and modules.
- Perform installation and maintenance of Satellite communication Systems, UPS, Power wiring, Switches, Routers, VOIP equipment, VLF/HLF/OFC equipment etc.
- Perform on Site AMC, warranty support, troubleshooting, store keeping of systems installed by BEL at various locations all over India.
BEL Recruitment 2017: How to apply for Ex-Servicemen on Contract Basis
Applicants who are eligible and interested may send their application to ‘Manager (HR/T&BS), Bharat Electronics Limited, Jalahalli Post, Bangalore, 560003’ on or before August 31, 2017.
Candidates need to make sure that application letter comprises following details: -
- Name of Candidate
- Date of Birth of Candidate
- Category of Candidate
- Date of Joining Army/Navy/Air Force
- Date of retirement from Army/Navy/Air Force
- Date of acquiring diploma
- Experience in Army/Navy/Air Force after attaining diploma
- Details of Last Pay Scale at Army/Navy/Air Force
- Details of Present Pay or Pension (if applicable)
Candidates must also attach copies of following documents along with the application: -
- Date of Birth Proof or Proof of Age
- Caste Category Certificate (for SC/ST) candidates
- Diploma/Qualification certificate
- Details of Service at Army/Navy/ Air Force
Applications that are not in prescribed format or incomplete with regards to details and documents will straight away be rejected.
BEL Recruitment 2017: Selection Process for Ex-Servicemen on Contract Basis
The selection procedure for ex-servicemen on contract basis involves 2 important steps: -
- Written Test
Candidates will need to appear in a written test and Interview for selection. Those who perform well will in both the steps will be selected. Selected candidates will be posted to locations as decided by the company.
If Candidate employed in PSU or other Govt. job then has to submit the NOC at time of Interview.
Selected candidates can be posted across the country.
Download Detail PDF