Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the notification for Common Written Examination (CWE) to recruit banking clerks. The application forms can be filled by visiting the official website.
- Last date to fill IBPS Clerk Application Form is October 3, 2017.
- The exam is conducted in online mode at two stages- Prelims and Mains.
- IBPS Clerk Prelims will be conducted on separate dates in the month of December 2017.
- IBPS Clerk Prelims exam will consist of 100 questions.
- Results for IBPS Clerk will be announced in December 2017 itself.
- Those who qualify in the prelims will appear for Mains exam on January 21, 2018.
- Mains exam is conducted in online mode for 2 hours 15 minutes in which 200 questions are asked.
- Final allotment will be done in April 2018 after the declaration of Mains result.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Important Dates
IBPS Clerk CWE VII Notification is out, candidates must fill the applications by October 3, 2017 by visiting the official website. Find below the tentative dates which have been released by IBPS.
|Online registration begins
||September 12, 2017
|Last date to register
||October 3, 2017
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training
||November 7, 2017
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training
||02.12.2017, 03.12.2017, 09.12.2017 & 10.12.2017
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary
|Online Examination – Preliminary
|Online Examination – Main
*The dates are tentative and are subject to change accordingly.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Vacancies
This year, total number of vacancies has seen a reduction of 60% less vacancies as compared to last year. IBPS Clerk vacancies counts to 7884.
- In 2016, the number of vacancies were 19, 243 for IBPS Clerk.
- The reason sighted for this fall are:
- Workforce Limit
- Training Course
- Prompt Corrective Action implemented by RBI
IBPS Clerk 2017 Eligibility
Candidates who wish to apply for IBPS Clerk 2017 must carefully go through the eligibility conditions set by IBPS. The basic eligibility requires the applicant to have obtained a graduate degree. The other required conditions are as follows:
An applicant must either be:
- an Indian citizen or
- subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
The upper age limit for IBPS Clerk is 28 years, while minimum required age is 20 years. Note that applicant must be born on or after 02.09.1989. There is age relaxation for reserved category candidates.
Find below the relaxation criteria for reserved category candidates:
|Ex-Servicemen or Disabled Ex-Servicemen
||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
- Candidates must be in possession of a graduate degree from a recognized university.
- It is a mandate to be literate with the computer operations.
- Proficiency in official language of the particular state is required.
IBPS Clerk 2017 Application Form
IBPS Clerk 2017 Application Form will be available online on the official website of IBPS. There is no other mode of application other than the digital platform.
Steps involved in application process are as follows:
- Go to the official website of IBPS- www.ibps.in.
- In case of new registration, go to “Click Here for New Registration” and enter basic information.
- After successful registration, go to Apply Online link and click on it.
- Enter the required basic, academic and personal information.
- Upload the required documents such as passport size photograph, signatures, academic records, etc.
- Fill the information correctly and verify before submission of the application form as no provision for correction will be available.
- Click on ‘Save and Next’ and proceed to payment gateway.
- Remit the application fee of INR 600 via online mode using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/IMPS, etc.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.