Every year the Engineering Examination Services is held in the month of January. Candidates from all over the country are preparing to clear the test and ensure placement. Indian Engineering Services (IES) is viewed as one of the toughest competitive exams in the country as the students have to cover a huge amount of syllabus and face a high level of competition.
The Engineering Services Examination is directed into three stages- Preliminary, Mains and the Interview. It is best to begin your preparation as early as possible and study smartly to ace the exam.
IES/ESE 2021 exam pattern
- Objective Type Papers, designed for the selection of candidates for the Stage-II Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination.
- There will be negative marking. One-Third (0.33) of the marks allocated to a question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
||Paper-I (General Studies and Engineering Aptitude)
||Paper-II (Engineering Subject)
Stage II: (Mains)
- Applicants who qualify in Stage-I will show up in Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination which is Conventional Type Papers.
||Paper-I ( Engineering Subject )
||Paper-II (Engineering Subject)
Stage III: (Personality Test)
- The Indian Engineering Examination comprises a pen and paper test followed by an interview round for the personality test.
- The enrollment of qualified candidates is performed under the following branches:
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Hardware and Telecommunication Engineering
The IES/ESE age limit is from 21 years of age and not more than the age of 30 years on the first January 2021. Relaxation for age bar is there for SC/ST/OBC and other applicants according to the administration rules.
A number of students after their graduation and some during the graduation start their preparation for the ESE assessment to get a good insight into the examination and better preparation. While there is no ideal time and technique for you to get ready for the assessment, however, there are a few pointers and significant things that one must know during the preparation stage so as to clear the test.
Important Tips to Prepare For IES/ESE 2021
You must have settled on getting ready for the test and are good to go to clear the test with full commitment. These are some useful tips for all the candidates to help them manage the syllabus with ease.
- Be well versed with your syllabus: Before beginning, know the syllabus of the test concerning your stream. As the syllabus is vast, you don't want to sit around wasting time on the easier topics of the test, yet rather on the significant subjects and topics.
- Planning is important: Based on your syllabus, make an examination syllabus for yourself. This will help you in not straying away from what’s important and methodically finishing all the subjects that are important for the assessment. Making a plan and sticking to it every day is a large portion of the work accomplished for the preparation, the rest is to be consistent with yourself and also to your subjects.
- Source of Studies: There are loads of books in the market- the shops are overflowed with numerous books for an exam like IES. Studying smartly is the key to avoid missing out on topics that need extra attention. So pick the best books that are in sync with your study habits and relevant to the syllabus. For extra study material and test papers, you can either join an institute or online course.
- To Join a Coaching Institute or Not? Due to the level of competition that the test brings to you, it is important to have the right direction while preparing for the test. For this direction, you can generally choose coaching institutes that are profoundly effective and have an understanding of educating ESE for years. On the off chance that there is no training close by you can either join a crash course at an online class.
- Keep yourself motivated: There are different approaches to remain active- watch motivational recordings, converse with companions appearing for the exam and read great books. These all will help you in remaining focused and determined.
- Notes: Note making is a craft and when rehearsed well, will truly help you in retaining the information for long. If you are making notes, it will assist you with focusing better on what you are studying. Additionally once you have finished the syllabus or a specific subject, notes help you in simple modification and speedy learning.
- Take breaks: Subsequently, continue taking breaks in the middle of your learning process. These breaks go about as reward as well as an impetus to your preparation. In any case, such long breaks can likewise hamper your studies as then you will have less time to study and more breaks. In this break take a walk, converse with a companion or do any relaxing activity.
- Mark Your Progress: Beginning and preparation are a significant stage and the stage which will choose your destiny in the game. So, end your preparation with full certainty and mark your achievements.
- Revise and Practice Mock papers: As determined consistently make notes as they are very useful in revising. So update all your subjects as when they are finished and furthermore before the test. Practice from earlier year papers to test series, mock papers, online tests for the ESE 2021 assessment, as much as possible. Practice will help you understand where you lack that you can revise and furthermore you may learn new ideas or applications while rehearsing.
The exam requires consistency. There are no tricks that will help you crack the exam without studying. Good marks are the aftereffect of planning, difficult work, and learning from the mistakes.
Begin your preparation today in the event that you haven't yet. There still is a great deal of time to achieve great results through your difficult work. ESE 2021 is in January and you can take advantage of the time that is left. So as opposed to pondering about the time that has gone, do what you possibly can, in the time that is left.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.