State Bank of India has announced recruitment of Specialist Cadre Officers. A total of 407 positions are open for recruitment. Candidates should note that this is a contractual recruitment. The online registration for the same opens on January 31, 2018 at the official website – www.sbi.co.in.
The roles for which SBI SO is recruiting are Relationship Manager (e-Wealth, NRI, Acquisition, Corporate), Investment Counsellor (IC), Customer Relationship Executive (CRE), Central Research Team (CRT-VP Portfolio Analysis and Data Analytics), Head (Operations), Compliance Officer, Project Development Manager (Business/Technology), Manager-Business Development, Investment Advisor (Retail & Corporate), Central Operations Team Support, Central Research Team Support and Zonal Head (e-Wealth/NRI/Retail Sales).
Check Official Notification of SBI 2018 for Specialist Cadre Officer
SBI SO 2018 Exam Dates
|Availability of online Application Form
||January 31 – February 15, 2018
|Last date for editing Application Form Details
||February 15, 2018
|Last date for printing filled-in Application Form
||March 3, 2018
|Online Fee Payment
||January 31 – February 15, 2018
|Last Date of Receipt of Hard Copy of Online Application Form along with Attachments at CRPD
||February 23, 2018
SBI SO 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria, job profile, and pay scales differ for the different positions. Candidates are advised to study the official notification thoroughly to understand the job requirement for each position and to ascertain their eligibility criteria for apply. The final selection of candidates will be done through personal interviews.
In general terms:
- Age limit ranges between minimum 20 years to maximum 50 years, as on December 1, 2017, and is different for different positions.
- The basic educational qualification required to apply for the Special Cadre Officer at SBI is a Graduation Degree from a recognized University.
- However, certain positions require its applicants to be Graduate/Post Graduate in Commerce/Finance/Economics/ Management/Mathematics/ Statistics or MBA/MMS/PGDM/ME/M. Tech / BE/B. Tech. Positions like Investment Counsellors or Compliance Officer needs professional certifications like NISM/CWM/CFP mandatorily.
- Applicants need to be mostly from the financial services background with varying length of experience in Wealth Management, Retail Banking, Investment Advisory etc.
How to apply SBI Recruitment 2018 for Special Cadre Officers
- Step 1 – Visit the official website - sbi.co.in
- Step 2 – Click on the notification that reads,
Recruitment of Specialist Cadre Officers (Contractual) in SBI for Wealth Management
- Step 3 – It will take you to another page, where you need to click on ‘Apply Online’ under
“Recruitment of Specialist Cadre Officers (Contractual) in SBI for Wealth Management (Apply Online from January 31, 2018 to February 15, 2018) Advertisement No. CRPD/SCO/WM/2017-18/09”
- Step 4 – Register online, fill the application form, pay the application fee and complete the application process
- Step 5 – Download the confirmation page and take a printout for further reference
Application fees and intimation charges for different category of candidates:
||Application Fees (INR)
|General and OBC
Documents Required for SBI SO Application Form
The following documents will have to be uploaded at the time of registration for Application Form. Note that once uploaded, none of the documents can be changed.
- Candidates’ Recent Passport-size Photograph
- Candidates’ Specimen Signature
- Brief Resume (.doc or .docx)
- ID Proof (.pdf)
- Proof of DOB (.pdf)
- All Academic Certificates (.pdf)
- Experience Certificate (.pdf)
- Valid driving licenses for CRE (.pdf)
- Fee Payment e-Receipt
- SC/ST/PWD certificate issued by competent authority (if applicable)
- Uploaded Documents are clearly legible.
- All Documents should be uploaded in .pdf format except for the Resume which should be in either.doc or .docx format.
- The Documents should be A4-size and the file size should not exceed 500 KB.
SBI SO 2018 Selection Procedure
- SBI will select candidates for the Special Cadre Officers on the basis of one or more rounds of Personal Interviews.
- A committee will be constituted by the Bank that will decide the parameters for shortlisting and will select candidates for the interview rounds.
- Post-Interview round, a Merit list will be prepared on the basis of scores secured by candidates in the primary interview round.
- In case of a tie, with more than one candidate scoring similar scores, such candidates will be ranked in descending order of age, both in the selection list as well as in the waiting list.
- Final Selection and appointment will be based on this Merit List.
- The remuneration for the advertised positions would comprise of fixed and variable components but will not be a deterring factor for suitable candidates.
- The candidates will be placed in Mumbai or Various e-Wealth Centers/Hubs across India.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.