UPSC IAS Mains 2020: Preparation Tips and Strategy for General Studies IV (Ethics)
The General Studies IV (Ethics) paper of UPSC IAS 2020-21 Mains consists of Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude. This paper is one of the 9 mandatory papers in the UPSC IAS Mains Exam. This paper also provides a slight overlap with Governance and Social Justice Subjects from GS II. To know the syllabus and Exam Pattern, Click Here
UPSC IAS Mains 2020: Trend Analysis of UPSC GS IV (Ethics)
|Basics and thinkers
|Family and society
|Work and office
Also, Check: HPPSC AE Recruitment 2020-21: Application process begins for Assistant Engineer Posts
UPSC IAS Mains 2020: Preparation Strategy for GS IV Ethics Paper
The General Studies paper-IV is one of the most scoring papers in the UPSC IAS Mains Exam 2020. To prepare this paper efficiently, try to practice writing the answer about 100-150 words for each of the micro-topics like integrity, compassion, honesty, probity, etc. But to obtain the desired marks, the following strategies are a must. Here are some most fruitful strategies for GS IV Ethics Paper Preparation :
- Familiarize yourself: The basic and very important thing is to prepare yourself and familiarize yourself with the syllabus and exam pattern. Get familiar with the important sections of the syllabus.
- Compact Notes: Make small and compact notes which make them relevant to the topics that are a part of ethics and integrity. The notes should be updated. This will save time while revising before the exam.
- Avoid Extra References: When you start reading more than 2 -3 references, you will start confusing about the topic and it will be a lot more time-consuming preparation. Therefore, avoid reading too many references for the same topic.
- Building up Judgemental Ability: This paper is purely designed to judge your ethics and your ability to make judgments. In such a way, your lifestyle and experience, and educational background will affect your writings and answers to the questions.
- Practice Flow Charts & Diagrams: While making notes and preparing a topic, start illustrating flow charts and diagrams so that you can build up a photographic memory. Prepare these flowcharts and diagrams in advance so that you can integrate them into the mock tests and at the moment of the final test it becomes easier to use them.
Check All News of UPSC IAS 2020 Right Here
UPSC IAS 2020 Mains- Books for UPSC GS-IV Ethics Paper
Here is a list of books to prepare for UPSC GS-IV Ethics paper:
|Name of Books
|Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude
||G Subba Rao & P N Roy Chowdhury
|Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude for IAS General Studies Paper IV
|Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
|Ethics in Governance: Innovations, Issues and Instrumentalities
||Ramesh K Arora
Check All Latest News of Government Exams and Recruitment
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.