The Civil Services Main examination is designed to test the academic talent of the aspirant, also his/her ability to present his/ her knowledge in a clear and coherent manner. The candidates who will clear this stage will be able to participate in the UPSC IAS 2021 Mains exam. Check UPSC IAS 2020 Prelims and Mains Syllabus
The UPSC IAS Mains 2021 is expected to be held in the month of September 2021. The exam dates have been delayed due to COVID-19 effect. Check Latest Sarkari Jobs, Govt Job alerts, Sarkari Result & Vacancies 2020
In IAS Main exam there are 9 papers in total among which there are 2 optional papers which you have to choose while applying for IAS 2020 Exam. The paper-VI and VII are optional subject papers. You can choose the Kashmir language as the mains optional subject.
With well-planned strategies and great writing skills in the Kashmiri language, you can easily score well in the Kashmiri literature. Interest should be the prime criteria for choosing any optional. Each Kashmiri paper consists of 250 marks. Duration for each Kashmiri mains paper is 3 hours. Here is a detailed syllabus of Kashmir language:
Answers must be written in Kashmiri
1. Genealogical relationship of the Kashmiri language: various theories.
2. Areas of occurrence and dialects (geographical/social)
3. Phonology and grammar:
i. Vowel and consonant system
ii. Nouns and pronouns with various case inflections;
iii. Verbs: various types and tenses.
4. Syntactic structure:
i. Simple , active and declarative statements
Read About IAS Exam
1. Kashmiri literature in the 14th century (Socio-cultural and intellectual background with special reference to Lal Dyad and Sheikhul Alam)
2. Nineteenth century Kashmiri literature (development of various genres: vatsun; ghazal; and mathnavi).
3. Kashmiri literature in the first half of the twentieth century (with special reference to Mahjoor and Azad; various literary influences).
4. Modern Kashmiri literature (with special refernece to the development of the short story, drama, novel and nazm).
Answers must be written in Kashmiri.
1. Intensive study of Kashmiri poetry upto the nineteenth century:
i) Lal Dyad
ii) Sheikhul Aalam
iii) Habba Khatoon
2. Kashmiri poetry: 19th Century
i) Mahmood Gami (Vatsans)
ii) Maqbool Shah (Gulrez)
iii) Rasool Mir (Ghazals)
iv) Abdul Ahad Nadim (N'at)
v) Krishanjoo Razdan (Shiv Lagun)
vi) Sufi Poets (Text in Sanglaab, published by the Deptt. of Kashmiri, University of Kashmir)
3. Twentieth Century Kashmiri poetry (text in Azich Kashir Shairi, published by the Deptt. of Kashmiri, University of Kashmir)
4. Literary criticism and research work: development and various trends.
Read About IAS Syllabus
1. An analytical study of the short story in Kashmiri.
i) Afsana Majmu'a, published by the Deptt. of Kashmiri, University of Kashmir.
ii) Kashur Afsana Az, published by the Sahitya Akademi
iii) Hamasar Kashur Afsana, published by the Sahitya Akademi
The following short story writers only: Akhtar Mohi-ud-Din, Kamil, Hari Krishan Kaul, Hraday Kaul Bharti, Bansi Nirdosh, Gulshan Majid.
2. Novel in Kashmiri:
i) Mujrim by G.N. Gowhar
ii) Marun-Ivan Ilyichun, (Kashmiri version of Tolstoy's The Death of Ivan Iiyich (Published by Kashmiri Deptt).
3. Drama in Kashmiri
i) Natuk Kariv Band, by Hari Krishan Kaul
ii) OK Angy Natuk, ed. Motilal Keemu. published by Sahitya Akademi.
iii) Razi Oedipus, tr. Naji Munawar, published by Sahitya Akademi.
4. Kashmiri Folk Literature:
i) Kashur Luki Theatre by Mohammad Subhan Bhagat, published by Deptt. of Kashmiri, University of Kashmir.
ii) Kashiry Luki Beeth (all volumes) published by the J & K Cultural Academy.
Remember not to commit grammatical mistakes. Improve writing skills for IAS Kashmiri literature exam. Handwriting should be legible for IAS Exam. A good command over the language is always helpful. Analytical and unconventional questions are appearing in previous papers so while preparing student should keep IAS Mains Kashmiri Syllabus and previous papers for reference.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, please refer the official website of the exam.